PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice needed

orko
11-06-2007, 07:10 AM
I have decided to make the guts cylender and a crystal holder similar to erv's but i also wanted to use about a foot of el wire accent in the crystal holder and i found a 3v dc driver that will power 1-1.5' of el wire http://www.thatscoolwire.com/store/item.asp?Category=168&SubCategoryID=142&GroupID=&SKU=3v%2D25%2D50cm

if i wire this driver to to the luxeon connection on the crystal focus along with the led to light up the crystal and the vibration motor does any think it will all work? i will also be running the 4 led's with the random sequencing from the other tabs on the crystal focus. would this be too much for the board to handle?

orko
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
man its cold in here...... 37 veiws and no one has a bit of info, for me! Im starting to feel left out.

Jonitus
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I've asked Erv a similar question, and here's the short answer he gave me:

If the EL driver doesn't pull more than 100mA, you can wire it to the Crystal Focus and have the EL flicker in time with the blade. You will forfeit using a vibration motor though, as it will be too much current draw. You can also forget about the extra LEDs.

It's an either/or situation.

I would suggest doing what I am doing for my project - use a DPDT switch and wire the EL stuff on the second circuit of the switch.

Strydur
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Sounds like a question for ERV since he makes the boards and would know if it can handle being wired this way.

Edit- Jon beat me to it

orko
11-07-2007, 08:12 PM
thanks guys, question how do i fugure out how many mA the el driver pulls? does the 100mA go for the entire board or just the luxeon connect?