PDA

View Full Version : Covertech or D-ring clip?

Nightwing
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Which kind of clip is best? The D-ring, or the covertech?

xwingband
01-31-2006, 06:24 PM
It's mostly preference. I like D-rings but have to admit I haven't seen a really good way to secure them to a belt yet. The covertech doesn't have that problem because that's what it was meant for, securing heavier than normal items like a cellphone or PDA to your belt.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Nightwing
01-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Hmm. Will a D-ring fall off easily? I've seen some good designs (like the parksabers belt)for a D-ring clip.

xwingband
01-31-2006, 06:37 PM
No, not at all. It's securing it to a belt in a way that you could confidently run around and not worry about it falling off. They're difficult in the aspect of do you leave the clip open on top or closed. If it's open there's always the chance if it getting knocked out if you hit it the right way. If it's closed like a carbiner it will be held great but no quick draws by a long shot.[;)] The parks belt would have that problem. You'd be fiddling with the clip trying to pull the d-ring out instead of just pinching the sides and pulling up with a covertech.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Nightwing
01-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Well, I don't really plan on running with it clipped on. If I were going to fight, I'd probably have the blade on anyway, so it wouldn't be clipped.

So would the stiffness of the covertech get in the way? I mean, they only rotate, so would sitting down or moving your leg the wrong way be a problem?

WeirdoTransvestite
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Why not use a caribiner? It would hold securely, and would be easier to remove than some methods.

Those who see the light at the end of the tunnel, need to stop staring at the sun.

Nightwing
01-31-2006, 09:50 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WeirdoTransvestite

Why not use a caribiner? It would hold securely, and would be easier to remove than some methods.

Those who see the light at the end of the tunnel, need to stop staring at the sun.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I don't really like those. yeah, they'd make a pretty good clip, but I'd rather have the D-ring or covertech.