PDA

View Full Version : luke MHS

pieman888
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
i was checking out the galleries and ive seen a lot of luke styled MHS's i have been inspired to buy the parts and put attempt to make one ive got a list so far of what looks like i need

1-3/16" ID O-ring
SKU: 1-3/16oring $3.90

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MHS ribbed extension
SKU: MHSRibbed $16.43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screw on LED blade holder style 8
SKU: Sledholder8 $51.00

Gender Changer
SKU: GenderChanger $5.98

LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD
SKU: LEDBlade38
Select Size: 38 inches $30.44

LED basic electronics kit - Lux III Green
SKU: LEDKit-3wGreen $18.19

3" Double female threaded connector
SKU: DF3 $12.99

2" Double female threaded connector
SKU: DF2 $11.99

MPS Pommel style 3
SKU: MPS3 $8.99

MPS Insert style 1
SKU: MPSI1 $6.90

MPS Clip
SKU: Cclip $0.79

Machine switch hole in MHS section.
SKU: SwitchHole
Location?: in the 2'' double female thread conector $10.00

8-32 x 13/32" Black Thumb Screw
SKU: 8-32thumbblack $2.50

this is what i think i need but ive seeen amny with the boxes much like the ones seen on the mr luke what have you guys used for your? the one of the MR? can anyone get their hands on one for me to buy with my order? another question is will this make a suitable saber im not looking for sound i just want looks and colour, will this be suffice to make a complet saber? thanks for any help of you have any ideas of what not to make it better or maby ways you have tried this feel free to tell me :D

wait a sec i forgot to make a hole for the switch all together ill put it in now. also how does the set [/img]

Novastar
11-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Looks fine, as long as you either read the wiring/construction tutorials or already know basic electronics.

pieman888
11-05-2007, 01:02 AM
wow! a realy quick reply i know how to solder and i can out together simple curcuits and what not. doy ou have any idea on the box switch? how to do it? where to get it?

pieman888
11-05-2007, 01:37 AM
do you think i can get a 5 wahtttt into this saber or just stick with a 3 whatttt?

Ashron
11-05-2007, 07:22 AM
The green K2 looks nice, if you get the Lux V kit the battery pack should fit into the hilt it just may be a little tight. If I remember correctly the battery pack is around 6 inches long. As for the switch box if Tim can’t get one you may want to check Ebay.

Also remember spell check is a wonderful thing.

USJMB
11-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I know we are not supposed to give business to other places, but since Tim is still working on a switch box i figured it would be alright. I got a control box from parksabers saberkit. With a little modifying you can add a button or a switch. The MR boxes work the best, but when I was in a hurry to finish my saber for Celebration IV, I found the one from parks, and it worked.

Lord Maul
11-05-2007, 03:46 PM
The MR switch box is the most common source for the Luke ROTJ MHS sabers.

The 7.2V pack is only 4 inches long, not 6 by the way.

If you want a totally accurate replica, you will need to paint the thing as well. See Firebird's for details.

Firebird21
11-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks, LM... Glad to see that you like it so much to recomend checking it out.

Here's the link to the build... Linky (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1739&highlight)

Lord Maul
11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
It is one of 3 sabers that I know of to be powdercoated on these forums. The other two are mine and Hajime's sith saber. I think it deserves a shout out mate :wink:

pieman888
11-05-2007, 10:39 PM
thanks for the help sounds like i might go with the lux V im not going to bother with a rechargeable battery to much trouble and money. it all adds up. im taking a look at the painting thing now. hopefully i will have all the parts ordered within a week or so

Lord Maul
11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Powdercoating will cost you around 80 bucks. I got a steal with my MHS, only 45. That is because I did all the taping myself. Took me 2 hours :evil:

Rechargables are a lot cheaper than Alkallines in the long run. Would you rather pay 30 bucks for batteries and be done with it, or pay for 6AAs every 2 months?