PDA

View Full Version : Should i strip my Vader FX or ebay it and buy an Ultrasound?

Tekka
11-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey wsup guys, i just bought a Vader FX saber today for a good price. i bought this with the intention of striping out the sound board to put into my luxeon saber and sell the rest for parts.

Anyways i turned it on and its a HUGE improvement in sound compared to the hasbro sound but i still got some issues with it. I'm not digging the motion sounds and the tilt sensors. The sound seems to lag a bit and when u whirl it the sounds don't really sync up or play at all.

i read that ultrasound boards have accelerometer or velocity sensors that really sound like in the movies when you whirl it. i was hoping it sounds like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmIrU3_H6FI

I know that was a CF board but someone told me ultraboards act the same way. I would love a CF board but they just cost way to much for me.

Anyways I was wondering should I ebay the entire MR saber and put that money toward a ultrasound board or follow my original plan and take out the board and sell the parts for some cash?

In your opinion is the ultrasound board worth the $80 and months of wait until its in stock again or is the difference minimal compared to the MR board?

Lord Maul
11-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Personally, I would save up for a while and get a CF. Yes, the Ultrasound is worth it in my book (I own one), but CF boards are 6 times better, yet are only what, 60 bucks more?

vortextwist
11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
ya the US boards are good but I don't think their worth the 80.00 bucks. IMO. I like the CF boards/ MR boards better.

Tekka
11-04-2007, 03:48 PM
$140+ sounds like quite alot when you can get a New MR saber at fry electronics for $85-$90. But yea i would love to own a CF. Whre are they hipping form anyways Europe right?

vortextwist
11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
yup. I paid 150.00 but it is the premeir sound card/luxeon driver around.

gman666
11-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I am waiting on the CF. I plan on getting a US with my Overlord saber. The date is unknown but if I see another CF come up I am grabbing it in a heart beat. I would rather have one Porsche than a bunch of Kias (MR/Hasbro). Plus Erv is tops in fielding any questions with the boards. No middle man. Nothing against the US.

Thanks!

Greg

Angelus Lupus
11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Erv is tops in fielding any questions with the boards.

This is true. I've pestered him with a bunch of questions about how he did LEDs under the bubble strip and he's always very helpful.

LAN-ED-TUL
11-05-2007, 01:06 AM
well i for one, for the money i paid, like the US board. true, there improvements needed, and from what i hear the next run will have them.

mine is working so far just spiffy, with only the occasional misread on a swing as a hit.

Tekka
11-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Anyone have an extra sound bored laying around for sale? I thought about it and decided that striping a mint condition MR Vader was a bit of a waste especially when all the LEDs still light up and everything.

pipster79
11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
is it an ep 5 or 4 saber?