PDA

View Full Version : The UK Jedi Conclave: Who wants to come?

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Ok, we're trying to organise a meet up for us Brits and anyone else this side of the pond (Erv, Chaos, Mecau etc.) that can make it over here.

Basically, I think we should get to as central a place as possible for everyone's convenience, sometime late November/ early December for coffee, a chat & some saber battling!

I need your rough location if you're interested so we can work out where is easiest to meet.

(Don't worry if you don't have a saber yet, i'm sure there will be plenty of people with spares!)

Tom Starkiller
11-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm in if I can get.

Location, Staffordshire. Stoke-On-Trent.

Angelus Lupus
11-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm most likely in, too.
I'm in east Kent, heading London-wards shouldn't be too bad.

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I know one or two others are in the south, so maybe London would be easy for most. We'll just have to wait & see.

For those that I met at CE, it's ok, my hair is back to it's natural Brown, not that strange gold/yellow/orange shade that nearly matched my Tunics! Thank Jebus that all grew out! :lol:

Tom Starkiller
11-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Quick thought:

How about making it a weekend? Bring tents and camp out, find some fields so if we have luxeons, when it goes dark, it goes prettifull :twisted:

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Good idea, but:

1) Cold

2) Police WILL be called if you do sabers at nite (trust me on that! :wink: )

3) Not everyone has a tent.

I think it would be cool, but we'll have to see what others say.

Tom Starkiller
11-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Another thought, I know that it's far off and we still have this first meeting etc but:

How about organizing something, maybe a week camping somewhere during the school summer holidays next year?

We should decide soonish because oraganizing etc will have to be done, and I know some guys and guyesses in America that might be interested in coming, and they're damned good, but would need plenty of notice.

Drichar Deis
11-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Im up for it, ive got an 8 man tent, and a big 4x4, oh yeah, im in Windsor.

Hasid Lafre
11-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I would like to just pop in on a comment.

I watch a show called top gear and they showed what a "caravan holiday" is like and I wouldent call that a fun thing.

*and now back to your regularly scedualed program*

Tom Starkiller
11-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Lol! It is fun, not at all what it was like on top gear, where they ttend to drive cars most of the time lol.

It's like living in a small house.

Hasid Lafre
11-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Well I used to work on a carnival and our bunk house(we called it a bunk house cause it was a big trailer with 2 beds in a bunk formation(one on top of each other)). and a tent has more room than our bunk house.

Drichar Deis
11-03-2007, 02:02 PM
i was in the army for 8 years, trust me a tents better than a hole :lol:

Drichar Deis
11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Good idea, but:

1) Cold

2) Police WILL be called if you do sabers at nite (trust me on that! :wink: )

3) Not everyone has a tent.

I think it would be cool, but we'll have to see what others say.

Hmm,

no 1: Twirling and dueling will warm us all up.

no 2: I can run fast! can you?

no 3: Ive got room in mine if needed, I snore though! :twisted:

Tom Starkiller
11-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Apparently I snore. Would rather not have the cops out, but if we're in the middle of a field we should see em coming miles off, especially if we're on top of a hill miles away from the road lol.

Angelus Lupus
11-03-2007, 03:08 PM
I have friends and relatives in the police force. Besides when they see it's just a bunch of nutters with glowing sticks and not hooligans or an alien landing it'll be ok. And anyway, what's illegal about a bunch of consenting adults (ok, mostly adults) hitting each other with sticks?

Drichar Deis
11-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Hmm sounds like riot training........
Happy thoughts :roll:

Barmic Rin
11-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Well, I never said there was anything illegal about it, but you will get some funny looks (as Wallington police gave me & my buddies at 3am in the sainsbury's car park near me!)

I personally think it'd be a laugh, but some of us will have trouble getting two days on the trot off work, a day I could do, but two is tricky.
Still, we can but try!

Tom Starkiller
11-04-2007, 06:33 AM
The only trouble I'd have would be getting there (and back).

Mum and Dad might be willing to go out for the day so that should work for me. (Hopefullly)

Angelus Lupus
11-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Hmm, more thought this needs. Ignoring the camping possibility for now (at least until warmer weather), we still need a place to meet. Gonna need space to spar, and good supplies of snacks and refreshment. Somewhere to charge our sabers might be handy too.

Tom Starkiller
11-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Somwhere with open public fields would be good, and maybe a supermarket. (Obviously not IN the field though lol)

As for saber charge up, who here has a hamster and wheel for em to run in? :twisted: :P :roll:

And I say forget camping until warmer weather/summer, just stick to a day for now.

Drichar Deis
11-04-2007, 12:04 PM
We need to organise when and where first, so those of us who need to can book time off, I work 6 days on 3 days off so it needs a bit of prior planning for me :twisted:

Tom Starkiller
11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Saturday would be best. No college for me and I could get the work doen Friday night / Sunday.

EDIT: If it's to be this side of godd old December 25th, I would suggest either the 1st of December, or the Saturday before it, that gives time for planning and isn't to late to intefer with peoples shopping, for a certain day :roll:

Barmic Rin
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I say first or second weekend in december. We could meet up in whichever town, sit around in starbucks for a bit, maybe grab some shopping, then go duel away from the public.

Bring plenty of batteries for duelling though guys.

Tom Starkiller
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I'd say first week then.

It's closer :P

That would give 3 weeks from now to prepare as well and pic a location.

How about meeting at Northampton? That's roughly half way between London and Stoke-On-Trent so it's equal distance for people, and if anyon'e soming from further North, wouldn't be much fair on them to drive down and back in one day.

Barmic Rin
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, i'll PM afew others to see if they wanna meet up & if Northampton is cool with them.

Sounds good to me though.

Jetsi
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Police WILL be called if you do sabers at nite (trust me on that

You aren't going far enough away from civilization if someone can use a phone to call the police on you. Get the 4x4 and go deep :D .

MattB
11-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Ill be up for it, although i work shifts (and have no more holiday) on weekends so it will all depend on the date.

Barmic Rin
11-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Cool, most of us do shifts.
Thankfully I have 3 lieu days owed!

Angelus Lupus
11-06-2007, 07:45 AM
The date isn't a problem for me, it's getting to wherever that's the kicker. Damn I wish I had my own transport.

Tom Starkiller
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
The date isn't a problem for me, it's getting to wherever that's the kicker. Damn I wish I had my own transport.

Same, I don't start driving lessons till next week, I think.

And date for me will only work weekends lol.

Angelus Lupus
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, I think the weekend is a given. Gonna be the best time for everyone. And transport really depends on where this is going to be, or if anyone is near enough to me to arrange something together. I wouldn't want to spend half the day on public transport just to get there, after all.

Oh, and as an added incentive to get this thing organised/get me there: pending the arrival of my electronics, I'll be putting the chicken saber sounds and my CF 2.61

Tom Starkiller
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Well, I think the weekend is a given. Gonna be the best time for everyone. And transport really depends on where this is going to be, or if anyone is near enough to me to arrange something together. I wouldn't want to spend half the day on public transport just to get there, after all.

Oh, and as an added incentive to get this thing organised/get me there: pending the arrival of my electronics, I'll be putting the chicken saber sounds and my CF 2.61

:shock: :shock:

We gotta hurry this thing up :roll: :wink: :D

Barmic Rin
11-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I think Lord Maul was going to do that way back with V.1.

I think northhampton shouldn't be too bad for most people.
To paraphrase: "All train lines lead to London."

I don't mind trains anyway, get them to work most days, one down to my folks in Devon whenever I can, and other family around the country.
So it won't be an issue for me really, unless I don't get room to put my feet up.

How many sabers will people be bringing?

Tom Starkiller
11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
None :cry:

I don't have one :cry: Hasbros won't last lol.

chaos
11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd love to meet up but anywhere down south is just to far away for me! It's the lack of money thats the real problem!

Angelus Lupus
11-07-2007, 01:23 PM
How many sabers will people be bringing?
One, if I can get all my parts and get it together.

Barmic Rin
11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, i'll bring maybe four so there's spares.

Chaos, see if you can make it. It'll be fun!

Tom Starkiller
11-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Chaos, see if you can make it. It'll be fun!

Seconded, there'll always be other events if you can't though.

Angelus Lupus
11-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Is there any particular reason for choosing Northampton other than its central position? Is there something worth seeing there? I only ask 'cos from where I am that's gonna take quitre a few hours (and trains) to reach.

Shadow
11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi all,

I'd love to attend... but sadly I've used up all my holiday for this year, and going "sick" for the weekend that close to Xmas would be a REALLY bad idea as i work in retail, and have a very unforgiving boss ( Who doesn't?!)

Have a great time :D

Barmic Rin
11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
No real reason why, just thought it'd be fairly central.

Shad, I know the feeling mate. Just see what you can do. You live at pretty much a central point, right? Anywhere near you you'd recommend?

nyjedi
11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Looks like you guys are on your way to getting together!

Hope you all take pics!!

Actually, why don't we get the ukjedi.uk website going?

What should the extension be for UK sites again? Or can it be .com?

Tom Starkiller
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Looks like you guys are on your way to getting together!

Hope you all take pics!!

Actually, why don't we get the ukjedi.uk website going?

What should the extension be for UK sites again? Or can it be .com?

.com is taken, sadly, so co.uk would be fine.

And if any of you can ever make it over let us know so we could maybe organize something.

And I'll be sure to take pics and video :D

Angelus Lupus
11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Good idea on the video. Quick question, anyone else gonna have buttered toast with them? It sure would be cool to get some plecter on plecter action on video!

Edit: Not sure there'd be much to put on it, but if someone wanted to set up a UK conclave site, that'd be fun.

Tom Starkiller
11-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Good idea on the video. Quick question, anyone else gonna have buttered toast with them? It sure would be cool to get some plecter on plecter action on video!

Edit: Not sure there'd be much to put on it, but if someone wanted to set up a UK conclave site, that'd be fun.

Buttered toast? :shock:

I'll bring the jam :P

nyjedi
11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Good idea on the video. ....Not sure there'd be much to put on it, but if someone wanted to set up a UK conclave site, that'd be fun.

That's the way NYJedi.com started, and now we're international.

:P

Tom Starkiller
11-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Good idea on the video. ....Not sure there'd be much to put on it, but if someone wanted to set up a UK conclave site, that'd be fun.

That's the way NYJedi.com started, and now we're international.

:P

And that's how I mainly got into the whole luxeon thing :)

Plus if you've seen the NYJedi on youtube, you'll see how awesome it can be.

Barmic Rin
11-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Well, i'll have my CF 1.2 in My personal saber.

Plus, i'll be doing some photos & vids.
As for comparing this to NYJedi, that's afew steps ahead. Maybe further down the line, but for now we'll just organise this first meet up.

Tom Starkiller
11-09-2007, 06:54 AM
OK, we still need a date and place to be nailed down, any input here would be great for the day, and if you could make it to Northampton, as that is the place for now.

Barmic Rin
11-09-2007, 08:38 AM
I say December 8th, it's a saturday, so most of us will have it off.

That's four weeks away, so we can try to get time off & give bosses adequate notice.

Angelus Lupus
11-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Works for me, should be able to put the saber together by then. All we need now is a location and travel plans. Oh and ideas for what to do other than just hit each other with sabers (not that that won't be a load of fun) :)

Barmic Rin
11-11-2007, 05:14 AM
Shopping? We could go into stores, and ask for (jedi) student discount....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: More ideas.

I think sitting outside starbucks, sipping our coffees, sabers on belts will attract enough attention to keep us amused for the best part of the day.

Jedi Robes will be optional.

Tom Starkiller
11-11-2007, 05:45 AM
So the 8th at Northampton?

I won't be in robes (Have none :( ) and I won't have a saber :evil:

I'll talk too the parents in a bit then.

We'd need a meeting place in Northampton lol, and somewhere to duel.

Barmic Rin
11-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Well, we still have time to plan, but I say the train station as a meeting point. Most will be coming by train I imagine.

Have we got an idea of how many of us are coming?

Tom Starkiller
11-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Looks like 3 lol. 4 If Drichar can make it.

Barmic Rin
11-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Well, i've PM'ed all the Brits I can remember.

It seems two may come dependant on work. Still waiting for replies from others.
We have time to sort it still, so no worries.

Angelus Lupus
11-11-2007, 07:09 AM
I just checked train fares for the journey to Northampton... let's just say I've had cheaper trips. Plus it looks like a 9hour+ round trip.

Drichar Deis
11-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Sorry folks, Drichar cant make it this time :evil:

Barmic Rin
11-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Man, that sucks!

We'll hopefully do another one if there's enough interest. let's get this one out of the way first though.

Drichar Deis
11-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Yeah my 10 yeah olds a bit peeved aswell, but to be honest we need to set one up closer to london, so we have a north group and a south group, then maybe once a year we all meet up central?

Barmic Rin
11-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Well, there's several of us around london & the surrounding areas, so we could do a southern one.

My Bro has had to drop out because of work too!

Tom Starkiller
11-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Shopping? We could go into stores, and ask for (jedi) student discount....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: More ideas.

I think sitting outside starbucks, sipping our coffees, sabers on belts will attract enough attention to keep us amused for the best part of the day.

Jedi Robes will be optional.

The more attention we can attract the better IMO. If we can get enough interest, we could get UKJedi together as a duelist club and maybe get to do performances at CE in the near future.

We're the new Samurai, people :!: :!:

Barmic Rin
11-11-2007, 09:17 AM
What if we were to move it to London?

I've had some PM's back & distance seems to be an issue for most.
If we moved it closer i know it would mean more travel for Tom & Slinky if they come.
But most others seem to live closer to London.

I'm just thinking for the ease of the majority.

That way Drichar, Pod etc. could try to get there.

Tom Starkiller
11-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I think Drichars problem might be work.

If it's to be in London, could we try to keep it to the North? That way my parents may be more willing to travel.

Barmic Rin
11-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Well, most of the big train stations are north of the river, so that won't be a problem.
Probably be more useful if we were to do North London.

Angelus Lupus
11-11-2007, 01:41 PM
North London would be better for me. Shame about people not able to make it., I guess once we've done one, we'll know how to organise better for the future.

Leigh
11-11-2007, 02:40 PM
What sort of venue are we talking here?? meeting in a shopping center, Pub etc & what area of North London City, Greater London, Herts ??

Barmic Rin
11-12-2007, 04:01 AM
North London, maybe Enfield kinda way.
Less crowds etc. Was thinking Starbucks for a coffee, Tom is too young for the pub.

Angelus Lupus
11-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Besides, a bunch of Jedi walk into a bar, someone says something, an arm gets cut off... you know how it is.

Tom Starkiller
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Besides, a bunch of Jedi walk into a bar, someone says something, an arm gets cut off... you know how it is.

:lol: :lol: Yup.

If only I was a year older we could do that :(

Leigh
11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
North London, maybe Enfield kinda way.
Less crowds etc. Was thinking Starbucks for a coffee, Tom is too young for the pub.

Just a little concerned about you bolder fans wishing to appear in costume, dueling in public places etc in Enfield :shock: .

I know the area very well having just moved to Cambs from the Enfield area, Theres a very high population of Chav types there & I would hate to see any of you attract to wrong kind of attention if you know what I mean.

I agree regarding the pub, Drunken football hooligans :roll: :lol:

Barmic Rin
11-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Okay, not specifically Enfield. Somewhere as accessable from London, at that sort of Latitude from London stations.

Any Ideas? We're getting closer to the pencilled in day & still no venue!

And i can deal with any Chavvy scum:
{waves hand in a slow, meaningful way} "You don't need to bother us. You can go about your business of using 'street talk' and blocking the door way of 'Maccy D's' for law-abiding citizens with your bikes."

Leigh
11-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Its a shame someone from here doesnt live in the area & could offer their pad as a meeting place, Id offer mine, Theres plenty of room but its way too far north for most of you :( :?

Barmic Rin
11-15-2007, 11:56 AM
It's seems more will come if it's London based, that's the only reason we're doing it here. I'm willing to go anywhere.

Angelus Lupus
11-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Its a shame someone from here doesnt live in the area & could offer their pad as a meeting place, Id offer mine, Theres plenty of room but its way too far north for most of you :( :?

Yeah, what we need is someone in the right location with a large garden (or park nearby) to hit each other in. I'm too far ouit of the way, plus we have a similar chav problem to Enfield

Ghostbat
11-15-2007, 12:50 PM
As a complete outsider here may I ask the distances involved?

I am fascinated by the different sense of scale americans and europeans have, especially what is considered a long distance or too far to travel for something.

Angelus Lupus
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
What you have to consider is not so much distance as time. As a general rule to get between places in America involves long, but pretty often straight freeways, making travel easier. Here the roads are all over the place.
Also my main consideration is public transport which by-and-large is slow, expensive and infrequent.

Tom Starkiller
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
True, public transpirt is crap, especially as they are supposed to be encouraging it.

The Chav problem isn't that big where I am, and I'm next to plenty of open fields and a gully :D

But to far North for most I thinks :(

Maybe one day though :twisted: I mean... :D

Leigh
11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
There are parks in & arround the area, Theres a nice park right by stanstead airport (bit out of nth london) called Hatfield forest (no where near Hatfeild) its quite a big place, you'll find it on google earth, as usual though with parks refreshments are expencive (pick-nick) & there would be the odd tree hugger that might not approve of violence :roll: & its national trust :?

http://home.clara.net/anvil/hatfield.htm

Angelus Lupus
11-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Odd, I'd have thought the Jedi way would fit in with the 'tree hugger' philosophy.

Besides, tree huggers have got to be nicer people than chavs. Heck, we could always ignore them, or pretend they're Ewoks :D

Leigh
11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Odd, I'd have thought the Jedi way would fit in with the 'tree hugger' philosophy.

Besides, tree huggers have got to be nicer people than chavs. Heck, we could always ignore them, or pretend they're Ewoks :D

I completely agree, I can just imagine some old chap phoning the police & reporting a bunch of hooligans bashing each other with sticks & scaring the wild life :lol:

Tom Starkiller
11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
They're tree huggers not bird huggers lol.

We should go to Nottingham Forest and do a Jedi version of Robin Hood XD

I call dibs on Robin :P

Angelus Lupus
11-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Would that be the version where you find out the Sheriff of Nottingham is his father and Maid Marion is his sister? :D

Tom Starkiller
11-15-2007, 02:44 PM
:lol:

Sheriff of Nottingham is his father, Marion would be the sister so long as she isn't good looking, otherwise she's the girl that ends up with Robin :P

And hey, if we have Robin, maybe Batman will drop in :P

Is December 8th final date then?

Barmic Rin
11-17-2007, 09:23 AM
I think we need to be reasonably near civilisation for refreshments, shopping etc. A whole day of sabering is gonna tire us out.

Plus, if we do it for too long, we may end up like these guys: http://youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

It sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it!

Lightning bolt? No, my strange, forest dwelling nerd, that's a tennis ball! :roll:
Protection spell? You fool!!! It's just confetti!!!

:x :roll: :x

Tom Starkiller
11-17-2007, 09:30 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeh, let's not let that happen shall we. :roll:

Angelus Lupus
11-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Ah, those crazy Americans :)
You wouldn't catch us doing that sort of thing... oh wait, I used to dress up and do medieval archery, and battle re-enactment.
Guess eveybody is crazy then. :P

Barmic Rin
11-18-2007, 02:12 AM
I've no qualms about reenactment groups, but LARP?
That's just a bit too far. Seen a vid on Youtube where this guy frying pans someone with a rubber axe that must be 4ft across!!!!

Plus, one of my former staff does it. The first we knew about it was when she came in on a monday morning & declared she'd spent the weekend as a snow leopard. :?
Needless to say, the questions of vision quests, drugs & drinking the stuff under the sink were raised....

Tom Starkiller
11-18-2007, 07:20 AM
I won't be able to make it this time :(

Maybe next time there's a meetup though. :D

Have fun guys.

Barmic Rin
11-21-2007, 02:13 PM
And then there was two..... Well, three is Leigh can make it.

:cry:

Well, I still say we meet up Angelus. Show you my snazzy boots! :lol:

Angelus Lupus
11-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Sheesh, if it's just gonna be you and me we might as well meet up at your place, or somewhere convenient. Shame there won't be more tho.
As it is I'm running the risk of having to cancel due to an ingrowing toenail. It's a pain, but I'll be there, damnit! :)

Tom Starkiller
11-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Oof, ingrown toenail, I had that a year or two ago.

Good luck with it.

And have fun if you do meet up, hopefully there'll be more meetups :D I'll make one of them at least :twisted:

Angelus Lupus
11-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the sympathy. It hasn't stopped me working on the saber tho. I had my friend help me today and we wired up the amber LED and tested out the sound on the CF. It's looking good!

Sethski
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi - I just spotted this thread. I'm in North London and defo up for meeting sometime for some duelling and stuff - I've pushed some of my friends into getting FXs which they kind of enjoy, but it'd be good to meet up with some folks who are a bit more into their sabers like myself. Is a meet up still on the cards and would it be ok to come along and where and when if so?

Angelus Lupus
11-30-2007, 05:24 PM
As far as I know it's still on. As for where, well: since you and Barmic are North London based, probably somewhere near you. We just need somewhere with room enough to hit each other and yet not be surrounded by... undesirables; oiks, urchins and other sorts who would point at, laugh at, or mug us.
So yes, you are more than welcome.

Edit: I just noticed my post count now makes me a Jedi Master yay!

Barmic Rin
12-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, i'm south London, but if you can think of somewhere in north to meet, then all the better!

I've been so busy recently, that i've hardly had time to come on here!

Bring your buddies Seth!

Angelus Lupus
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
North or South, either way I gotta get the train there, so it's not much difference to me. So long as someone can meet me at the station cos I don't know my way around London.
The final parts of my saber are coming together so it looks like it'll be ready to show off.

Sethski
12-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Angelus, where would you be travelling from? And both, what weekend is best for the 2 of you?
I'm sure with a bit of thought we can suss out a good location without the hassle/chav factor, I'll keep thinking on that.
Also will certainly check with the other friends, but they're not in London so that'll be a maybe, but the more the merrier for sure.
I've currently got lots of bits of a saber, which will hopefully be in one functional piece by the time we meet, or else it'll be a silent EL one if that's unfinished.
Whatever, it should be fun!

Angelus Lupus
12-03-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm travelling up from Kent, and I can likely manage any weekend.

Barmic Rin
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, I have the next two saturdays free for definite, so whenever. THis weekend was the original day, but I guess we can postpone a week if you guys want your sabers up & running!

Angelus Lupus
12-03-2007, 05:32 PM
If things go to plan mine should be ready by the weekend. So long as we have a place to meet I'll be good to go.

Sethski
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Postponing til Saturday the 15th would suit me better - both to have my "proper" saber working and coz I've got stuff in the evening out of town the coming Saturday but no commitments the following one.
On the other hand, if it's less convenient for you guys, I can still make it in the day this weekend and happy to be flexible as it's been in the pipeline for a bit for this coming weekend and I've just jumped onboard, as it were.

Angelus Lupus
12-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Well as it seems to be only three of us, I guess we can be flexible. Just so long as we have a place to fight and someone can maybe meet me at the station I'll be there on whatever day.

Barmic Rin
12-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, let's hold off til the 15th then.
I can get pretty much anywhere, so I guess I could meet you at the station dependant on which one you arrive at.
Seth, if you can organise a place near you, if Shadow, MattB etc can make it that weekend it'll be easier for them to get to north London.

Angelus, let us know which station & we can organise that, then we can sort a route to the meet up!

It's coming together guys!

Angelus Lupus
12-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Heck, soon as we know where we're meeting just tell me which station is closest.

Barmic Rin
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Well, "Saf' ov da river" is a Chav-hive, so anywhere north is better for a meet up.
Any ideas Seth?

I'll be bringing at least 3 sabers, only one with CF in.

Sethski
12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Ok, lets go for the 15th.

Well, "Saf' ov da river" is a Chav-hive...

lol - and Norf isn't?

I'm stumped to think of anywhere ideal, I'm not a long term Londoner so my local-ish geography isn't what it could be.

Unless someone has a better idea, Hampstead Heath comes to mind - as a pretty massive outdoor area and quite easy to get to. We could hopefully meet up and then have a bit of a wander to find a spot where we can have some duelling without attracting too much unwanted attention.

Probably the best station for there is Gospel Oak on the London Overground (what was called Silverlink and The North London line before that). Time-wise, I'm thinking early afternoon, but can do a bit earlier if that's better for yourselves.

Angelus, if you and anyone else who's coming let me and Barmic know where you're travelling from we can work out directions and best place to meet.

If you want to email, I can be reached at sethski at hotmail dot com

We'll need to swap numbers and stuff nearer the time so we don't miss each other.

Angelus Lupus
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
As long as it's near somewhere we can get warmth and refreshments afterwards that's fine. We could meet for lunch first and then plan things on full stomachs.
I'd ask what you're still doing up at gone 2:30am, but that would just draw attention to my own nocturnal status.

Leigh
12-06-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm not going to be able to make this I'm afraid, theres just too much going on at this time of year & not enough days in the week.

I know I've probably kind of thrown a spanner in the works as far as trying to find a place to meet up, For which I appologise, But just to let you know Hampstead Heath is a renownd gay cruising area as is Alexandra Palace.

& before you ask NO i'm not :)

Barmic Rin
12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Lets not go there.

Why not meet in Wimbledon or putney? I know it's south, but it isn't too crazy on a saturday afternoon, there's places to eat, shop, & most important is wimbledon common. Big, green, plenty of room for swinging sabers without worrying about noises in the bushes!

Angelus Lupus
12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Sounds ok to me, just gotta watch out for wookies... I mean wombles

Sethski
12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Lol - I'd forgot that Hampstead Heath is known for that - along with other deviant activities like kite flying and picnics :D it is a huge area, tho, and unless we were mincing about outside the gents loos in pink jedi robes, I think it'd probably be a non-issue...

..however, Wimbledon Common sounds like a good bet as well and I'm more than happy to head down there - in fact it'd be good as I've not been there before...

...oh, and Angelus, re the 2.30 thing - I've returned to studenthood the last year and a half and become a very nocturnal; I just seem to knuckle down to work late and its become a bit of a routine - so I'm often having interludes of random internet noodling in the wee hours.

Hasid Lafre
12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Iam supprized yall havent started a web site yet.

Leigh
12-07-2007, 02:07 AM
Lol - I'd forgot that Hampstead Heath is known for that - along with other deviant activities like kite flying and picnics :D it is a huge area, tho, and unless we were mincing about outside the gents loos in pink jedi robes, I think it'd probably be a non-issue...

Believe me I was'nt suggesting you avoid the Heath, Just thought I should let you know :)

Your right its a huge area & would be ideal, Its also right next door to Kenwood (not the audio people) which featured in the film Notting Hill.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/LJH74/heath.jpg

:D

Barmic Rin
12-09-2007, 04:58 AM
So, Wombles or MP's in compromising positions...eh.. I mean, Wimbledon or Hampstead Heath?

I can meet earlier than 2.30 as Wimbledon is local for me, but both are easy!

We gotta sort this as we're only a cupla days away!

Remember to bring your cameras too!!!!!

Hasid Lafre
12-09-2007, 07:11 AM
and video cameras

Angelus Lupus
12-09-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm still busy finalising my saber. Had 90% of it wired up in the hilt and going great but now the lux wires have worked loose so it doesn't light. Just that and the blinkies to sort and I'll be done.

BTW just bashing the hilt around with the sword sounds playing is even more fun than I thought it would be.

Barmic Rin
12-09-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm still chuffed with default 1.2 sounds!

Novastar
12-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Chuffed??

Well, I'm more than happy to alter any 16-bit font and make it 8-bit if you like. That's actually relatively easy, so it's no trouble, Barmic.

And as to the UK Conclave... I WANNA GO!! Oh, carp... I'm not in the UK. Bloody 'ell! :) Hey, if I was, maybe I could visit Neophyl too. Bummer.

Tom Starkiller
12-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Chuffed??

Well, I'm more than happy to alter any 16-bit font and make it 8-bit if you like. That's actually relatively easy, so it's no trouble, Barmic.

And as to the UK Conclave... I WANNA GO!! Oh, carp... I'm not in the UK. Bloody 'ell! :) Hey, if I was, maybe I could visit Neophyl too. Bummer.

Summeres coming and I have plans to set in motion :wink:

Novastar
12-10-2007, 12:54 AM
???

Novastar
12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
???

Novastar
12-10-2007, 12:57 AM
??? ?????

Sethski
12-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Mmmm, cryptic, Tom Starkiller, very cryptic... ...care to elaborate?

Novastar - you'll be there in spirit in the form of your CF noises, if not in person...

...guys, my saber is also nearly there, internals-wise. It's basically up and running, I need to tidy up some wiring and replace the recharge port which I broke trying to file and bend it to a slimmer profile (they sell them in Maplins, luckily).

My respect for people's saber building goes up the more I try to do it myself. It feels like trying to do keyhole surgery or something lol.

Shall we say Wimbledon Common this time round as it looked like it's heading that way? say, 2pm? or slightly earlier?

And where to meet? Southfields, Wimbledon Park and Wimbledon stations on that Branch of the District line are all quite close to the Common? If we agree on one of the stations and hopefully can find a cafe very close for hellos and a cuppa before we venture out for "manoeuvres"? Barmic, do you know the area at all and which station would be best?

Guys - do we have a plan?

:D

Tom Starkiller
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM
:lol: Let's just say there's a possibility of a week or two camping in the UK for all Jedi, in and out of the Continent, even for people not on the same tectonic plate.

But it's still in the idea stages, nothing positive yet. (Rough idea is to set it for August)

Barmic Rin
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
I know the area very well as I work there! (note: I didn't suggest it because of ease for me! It's just kinda worked out that way!) :D
Two o'clock is fine by me!
There's a starbucks just across the road form the station & the common is a ten minute bus journey from the town.

Ya think Drich can come? Hope so, if not, then maybe next time with the others.

Seth, if you can't get that port at your local store, let me know so I can grab one on sat for ya.

I love it when a plan comes together.
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/a-team-gp.jpg

Angelus Lupus
12-10-2007, 11:10 AM
So what station would we all be meeting at?

Hasid Lafre
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Hay nove you could make a font where say the ignition is you saying Novastar here!

Swing zoom zoom zoom or that sound freakazoid makes whenever hes running.

clash would be something like AH HA!(sound like when han destroyed a tie fighter in anh)

retract sound "Are we done here? now, give me the box".

blaster deflect would be "Iam a ninja, see me deflect your blasterfire".

lock up would be something like a menicing laughter

force move prolly would be a sound of running fast wins wooshes around you and a loud punch.

HEHEHE

Barmic Rin
12-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Wimbledon.

Southfields & Park are too far from the common & shops.
I'm assuming you'll be using the district line, so it's the last stop.
Just leave via the main entrance (nearest platforms 1-4) & the starbucks is across the road.

We'll need to PM mobile numbers incase we get lost/eaten.

We'll give it a day or so incase any others can make it & want to let us know.
Sound good? :D

And Hasid man, lay off the toad licking....... :wink:

Sethski
12-10-2007, 12:46 PM
OK - sorted.

Do you know can Leigh make it or is it just the three of us? I'm just about to PM you Barmic and you Angelus my mobile...

I also PM'd Drichar Deis who's in Windsor and had mentioned being up for meeting for some sparring in my newb hello thread, but I only just spotted that rather than replying at the time...

I'll bring my good camera and a flask of coffee and snacks as well. Just hope the weather pans out ok now we've got ourselves organised.

I picked up a recharge port thingy today, so I'm now going to get down to a bit of saber tinkering (and probably some swearing as I quickly get impatient with my clumsy trotters)... :D

Angelus Lupus
12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
(and probably some swearing as I quickly get impatient with my clumsy trotters)... :D
Hehe, I know how that goes. A lot of it was involved in barely fitting two 18650 Li-Ions side by side in my Heiland. There'll probably be more when we fit the blinkies.

Barmic Rin
12-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Just PM'ed the pair of you my number.

Angelus Lupus
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Ditto on the PMs

Sethski
12-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Cool beanz, gotcha both.

I'm now having saber problems (see under "saber sound>crystal focus 3.0 problem - help"), but will be there Saturday whether that's resolved or not - it'd just be perfect if we can have an epic battle of Crystal Focus goodness :twisted: (and it'll help if it doesn't rain, either)

Hasid Lafre
12-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Thats nto toad licking thats sleep depravation.

Barmic Rin
12-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Well at least you're laying off the drugs. And Amphibians. :D

Angelus Lupus
12-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Just a heads up: I'm gonna need to borrow a saber for the mutual hitting and playing silly buggers. So please please someone bring a spare.
For full reason see here (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74192#74192)