PDA

View Full Version : Stop Smoking Today!

Jecttriedge
11-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Stop killing yourself with cigarettes!

Cigarettes are filled with poisonous toxic chemicals that will take years off your life.
Take the step towards changing your life now with LiveFree Patches, guaranted to help you stop smoking and give you a new lease on life!

Scott, CO: "I'm happy to report that it worked and that I haven't had a smoke in over 11 months. Thanks for giving me my life back."

Take Note!!
Special discount prices now in effect, but won't last long!

Learn more: herbal stop smoking patch (http://www.naturalnicotinefree.com/page2.php)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-01-2007, 11:00 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-1/1236148/spam-collection.jpg

GFORCE13
11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
SPAM SPAM SPAM LOVELY SPAM
But seriously I wish I could get my wife to quit, I gave them up after she had a stroke from smoking and that was over 10yrs ago. :cry:

valeon
11-02-2007, 01:59 AM
http://www.appscout.com/images/spam%20boy.jpg

I wish I could quit, I've tried everything from cold turkey, to the crappy gum.

chase
11-02-2007, 05:21 AM
I quit about 6 months ago. I miss it, but don't in some aspects. I work with someone who smokes about 23 packs a day, and I really can't tell you if it helps or not. All I can say is that if you want to quit, you can't cut back, you can't get gum, patches, whatever....you just have to do it. It's nice that I can walk up stair sets now without getting winded. I guess I am a second hand smoker...

Darth Tollo
11-02-2007, 05:32 AM
I quit about a year and a half ago. As soon as my wife told me she was pregnant, I decided I needed to live as long as possible for him and his innocent lungs did not need to be subjected to my curse. One look into his eyes is better than a whole carton.

chase
11-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Thats a very good reason to quit. I didn't have one nearly as good as that, I just got tired of buying them. My wife works at a market research place and they did a cig survey and we ended up getting like 15 cartons of cigs. We decided on quitting once they were gone. We saved a ton of money from not buying them also.

ArkaiHalon
11-02-2007, 05:48 AM
5 bucks a pack was my motivation. saved so much money a month i got a new car

darth ney
11-02-2007, 07:46 AM
i wish i could quit, i am thinking of trying, but every time i do i end up getting pissed off and starting again. :evil:

chase
11-02-2007, 08:53 AM
I have a way to help you Darth Tollo. Ok, a normal smoker smokes about a pack every two days. Five bucks a pack. Every two days, put five dollars in a jar. In two months you will have about 150 dollars to spend on lightabers.

Darth Tollo
11-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Awesome idea Chase. "TCSS Quit Smoking and Buy Sabers plan" Mace Windu can be our spokes person. *Sammy J Voice* "QUIT SMOKING OR I'LL SMOKE YOU!!!"

Jetsi
11-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I quit two months ago. Somtimes I still get an urge, but nothing like before.

I was like everyone else who couldn't quit. I tried gum, patches, hypnosis, mints, shock therapy (jk). What worked for me was this new drug called Chantix. Hadn't had a smoke in 5 days, broke down and had an OP, and got nothing out of it except a bad taste in the mouth. No buzz or anything. Figured no reason to have more for that.

The only downside is the price, as my insurance would rather pay for lung canver than something preventative. But I figured it was worth it, especially when I did the math and realized I have been smoking for 2/3 of the time I have been alive :shock: .

Firebird21
11-02-2007, 12:18 PM
All this from a SpamBot... lol

I smoked on and off for about 8 years. I slowed down to the point that when I did have a butt I felt ill afterwards, so I stopped all together.

I don't know how long it's been, but it's been over a year.

Counting isn't quiting. If you know how long it's been then you haven't kicked it yet. Not to say that if you know how long it's been then you will smoke again, it's just that once you forget it's a sign that you're not thinking about it all the time, which makes it harder to stay off it.

vortextwist
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I quit last year when I got really sick, then around last may my grandmother died, so I ended up starting again, but about 5 months ago the wife finally got it in her head to quit, so did I, cold turkey. she had to use pills. but it worked for her.

Sky_Million
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Good for all of you who have quit...I think I'm going to wait till my wife gets pregnant...which will be...couple of years maybe? Plenty of time to do more damage.

I'll have a pack of Marlboro's and a bottle of Captain Morgan to go, please.

Yeah, nice work you dumb bot.

valeon
11-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I did it, not too long ago, I just went outside with a pair of scissors and cut up my last pack, and then I smashed my ash tray. I'm completely done, now for Chase's idea, I'm doing that, every 3 days I'm putting in 5 bucks into a jar.

Darth Zecks
11-02-2007, 06:23 PM
[i wish i could quit, i am thinking of trying, but every time i do i end up getting pissed off and starting again. Evil or Very Mad]

I feel you Darth Ney, I've tried quiting several times but every time something happens and I start again. I'll get it right one of these days.

and Chase

[I have a way to help you Darth Tollo. Ok, a normal smoker smokes about a pack every two days. Five bucks a pack. Every two days, put five dollars in a jar. In two months you will have about 150 dollars to spend on lightabers.]

that sounds like a great plan.

Hasid Lafre
11-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I tryed to quit smoking several times.

I would say I smoke 1 pack every 3 days. maybe more depending on my mood.

Prolly 4 years or so ago I woke up one day and started playing a video game. I beat the game almost but I dident feel like having a smoke all day. But I went over to a friends house and Dident even realize it but I lit up a smoke and ever sence then I have been having the hardest time.

I dont know I may have to try hypnosis cause if I go 4 or so days without a smoke I get really iritable and my mood shifts worse than a raging pmsing woman.

People say its an excuse but for me it keeps my nerves in check and stops me from putting my fist in a wall when something little erks me(like it did when I stubed my toe once).

Firebird21
11-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Hasid, that's called "detox". It's one of the side effects when you quit smoking. That's why I slowed down to a complete stop. Each time I lit one up I became more and more dissapointed with myself. Then I just kept feeling more ill after each one.

It became the same as punching yourself in the stomach. It sucks, it's stupid, and you want to hurl, so you stop doing it.

Hasid Lafre
11-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I dont get that punch in the stomic feel.

But like I said I smoke a pack in 3 days or so. but its enought to where I cant quit cold turkey. I tryed but I just get more annoyed with everything.

Syphon
11-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Well I tryed cigeretts once and didnt like it at all, but then I tryed cigars and I love'em. I may smoke one every now and then with some brandy or scotch, usually when i bar-b-q. but the thing that I have had to give up is "energy drinks". Got hooked on the cafeen and the ingredients put me into a cemical enduced depression, so be carful not only if you smoke but also if you drink energy drinks

TheCheeker
11-02-2007, 10:03 PM
yeah i've never had any problems with smoking. never touched em because growing up, both my parents smoked (my mom about a pack and a half per day and my dad 2 and a half or so) and both of them are out of shape, get sick ALL the time (my dad has had pneumonia close to half a dozen times that i can think of), and my dad wakes up every morning and coughs until he pukes.... not to mention the habit causes everything white to turn yellow, every article of clothing in the house to smell bad, and it's insanely expensive. i feel for anyone who has the habit and can't get rid of it because i know what it can do to people.

Edit: fixed a typo :wink:

Hasid Lafre
11-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I seen one comercial where they basicly took 2 tiny magnets and you put them on your left ear in a spot. Iam sure If I could get ahold of 2 tiny magnets and watch the comercial again to see where they put them and trial and error to find the right spot.

But finding the 2 tiny ad hell magnets is gonna be the problem