PDA

View Full Version : Need help with installing Vista!

ti-el_terall
11-01-2007, 06:37 PM
This is aimed at the any one with computer knowledge.

When I try installing it it go to one part, then the computer restarts. When it starts up the instalation again a blue screen pops up that says MACHINE_ERROR_EXCEPTION

It then freezes then restarts and it happens again. The only way to fix this is to go into advance BIOS and switch ti to RAID, but then it doesnt detect my hard drive later on in the installation!

I have a SAMSUNG HD080HJ SCSI Disk device, AMD 64 Processor 3000+ and ALI SATA/ RAID controller.

ANy advice?

darth ney
11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
make sure your come meets the requrments for vista first. if it does than call them and ask for help with trouble shooting it hope this helps,i bought my laptop with vista but i want to downgrade to xp vista is not all its cracked up to be. very over rated

Ghostbat
11-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm very much witn Net, Vista is a nightmare, everyone I know who has gotten it have gone back to XP or gotten Ubuntu. Yes Vista may finally be the thing that gets Linux onto more desktops :)

ti-el_terall
11-01-2007, 07:05 PM
make sure your come meets the requrments for vista first. if it does than call them and ask for help with trouble shooting it hope this helps,i bought my laptop with vista but i want to downgrade to xp vista is not all its cracked up to be. very over rated

My PC is, I ran all the checks and such. It has a 80 GB HD and 2 GB ram.

darth ney
11-01-2007, 07:12 PM
are you trying to insatll vista basic? as i have never installed it my self, i dont know.. also fyi G4 tv said that vista works best with an apple pc. dont ask me why i have no idea. the only thing else i can tell you is to call them and ask them what to do as they would knw what to tell you

ti-el_terall
11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Im trying to install vista home premium.

Dregan
11-02-2007, 06:47 AM
You need to install a SCSI controller before you can install your OS. Most decent mobo's today support SCSI out of the box, but your PC's more than a couple years old, you'll probably need to track down (a) what kind of mobo you have and (b0 an appropriate SCSI controller.

Of course, if your box is more than 2 years old, you *probably* shouldn't be running Vista to begin with, unless you have 2 gigs of RAM at minimum.

ti-el_terall
11-03-2007, 12:03 PM
How would I determine what type of controler I would need? On properties for my Hard drive it says SCSI, but my Mother board says it supports SATA ATAPI devices of 1.5GB/s.

Man, Im confused

LAN-ED-TUL
11-03-2007, 05:57 PM
best bet is, since vista is sucj=h a junky crap program, is burn it, and stay with XP. XP is not super either, but its ten times better than vista is.

i get a newsletter sent to me, and every single time i get it, theres always 10 new things that Vista screws up, or is screwed up with it.

its junk.

Vazan Maceu
11-04-2007, 05:56 AM
In my experience as an astromechanic dro... Excuse me, as computer technician :lol: , I´ve grown to think that Vista is not a finished product, and subsequently, not a good operating system to work with as of now. My advice, like Lan-Ed-Tul´s, is to keep Windows XP... But, if you really want to install it, maybe I can give you a hand, but I need to know your motherboard model, just to check something.

ti-el_terall
11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Wow, Vazan Maceu you are a life saver! Im now running Vista and everyhting is working fine!

valeon
11-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Im in with Vazan, I've been workin on computers for years, and Vista is by far the most incomplete operating system to date, just stick with XP for now.

It's almost as bad as when they released windows mE. Which is funny because microsoft denies even releasing it. Don't believe me? Google it.

Vazan Maceu
11-05-2007, 03:07 AM
Wow, Vazan Maceu you are a life saver! Im now running Vista and everyhting is working fine!

I´m glad you´ve made it! You know, I just gave you the fishing rod and proper bait, you caught the fish by yourself :wink:

Im in with Vazan, I've been workin on computers for years, and Vista is by far the most incomplete operating system to date, just stick with XP for now.

It seems that releasing incomplete operating systems is a Micro$oft trademark :P , although Windows systems are the most widespread.