PDA

View Full Version : light setup for my bass cab.

vortextwist
11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
I have a 4x12 bass cab. what I want to do is set up some kind of led's to go off while I'm playing.
my thinking is, I have an old hasbro clash sensor the I would mount at the bottom where the ports are and the push of air would trigger the switch causing the lights to flash.

So what kind of Ideas would you guys have for types of leds and wireing options.

Novastar
11-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm a bit confused, but... I'll go out on a limb and say--you want some lights to flash when your speaker(s) play... on your computer / home stereo???

If so--I would find a way to do the whole "decibel level bargraph" thing, where... the light gets brighter in accordance to (essentially) the volume/intensity of the sound.

Example--Erv's v2.61 can do that in iSaber mode. You have to muck with certain options, but your saber blade can "play" to the music.

Anyhow... I think that kind of circuit/programming can be had easily... couldn't be TOO expensive... might be something you program a simple PIC board with...

valeon
11-02-2007, 02:01 AM
No no no, he means he wants it to flash while he is playing bass on the stage, and he wants the lights to flash with the bass notes, I say the clash sensor idea is a good one, although you wouldn't get much more than a flicker.

vortextwist
11-02-2007, 02:06 PM
that's what I was kind of afraid of. doesn't have to flash with notes or even in sequence something random almost.

Hasid Lafre
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah something where its a hay look at this

Novastar
11-04-2007, 10:58 PM
PIC board + programming + LEDs & batteries...

Kind of complex if you're not an uber-electronics guru...