PDA

View Full Version : Force.net's "Force Cast" -- favoritism?

Novastar
11-01-2007, 12:37 PM
I've been contacting these guys for years regarding the BOP productions. They've responded "we'll check it out, bye" and such, but have never done anything about it. Since 2006.

What is weird is... the INSTANT some random video is posted, they immediately post about that. Some examples:

* some girl feigning playing a trombone, miming it as a blaster, kicking her legs and smiling and dancing--all to SW music
* the japan rebel legion's recent performance--released days ago, and tfn.net highlights it.
* Fanboys, fanboys, fanboys... which has not yet released
* Anything 501st
* Anything rebel legion
* Anything rebelscum.com
* Pink Darth Vader costume (highlighted many times)
* Make a fancy ewok mask (that one is brand new. VERY exciting. Very. Extremely.)

Anyhow... just wondering if anyone thinks this is kind of strange, especially when some of the performances/events I've seen them highlight... well... are pretty weak! Especially when fully-funded.

I hate to get on the soap box, but... we worked pretty hard on the BOP productions, AND I've given back to tfn.net's threads... AND I believe I've at least HELPED the SW community in general. Being ignored for all of that is sort of a slap in the face, especially when everything is grass roots here with BOP.

The least they could do is say "We hate your production(s). You're not a member of the 501st nor of the Rebel Legion. Your costumes aren't canon. Your story has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker. Luxeon sabers are stupid--MRs are way better, especially for live dueling and staged combat. We would never post anything about your stuff. Bye!"

lol... :)

Thoughts? Am I just an arrogant jerk? Probably, huh... :D

EDIT: I forgot to include this...
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Happy_Halloween_109754.asp

Definitely far more post-worthy over BOP.

Angelus Lupus
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Hmm, certainly makes me think. I can understand after all the time, money and effort you've put in that some public recognition and shameless publicity would be nice. I wonder if it has anything to do with your stuff being on stage, rather than a fan film? Personally I don't see what difference that would make, but it's a thought. Makes it all the more disappointing that you didn't get your studio opportunity for BOP II

Maybe you could include a 501st, Japanese, trombone-miming, high-kicking girl in pink for BOP III? Sounds like they might go for that.

Novastar
11-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Or maybe the "Suck-Lord" action figure.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Sucklord_600_Hits_The_Streets_109894.asp

Obviously, these aren't the droids we're looking for. Why the hull would I want to be included with THIS insane, inane garbage, lol...

I mean sure... it's kind of funny... but--quality?

Survey SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYSSSSSSSSSS...

....................... X !!!! .....................

Hasid Lafre
11-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Thats why I cant stand TF.net. I dont post there anymore. theres better communitys out there than that dump.

Angelus Lupus
11-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Wha!!!!? :shock:

Novastar
11-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Thats why I cant stand TF.net. I dont post there anymore. theres better communitys out there than that dump.This much is agreed, Hasid.

Actually, I'm getting all SORTS of folks expressing those kinds of sentiments in different ways.

Interesting.

ArkaiHalon
11-02-2007, 05:07 AM
well Nova, I'd be willing to bet your whole problem with Tf.n
comes down to one thing.

Jealousy.

They are jealous of the quality show you turn out.
you have actors, not fan boys. Talent, not special effects.

So, their loss. we will continue to enjoy BOP.

And thank you for putting it out there for us to enjoy.

chase
11-02-2007, 05:33 AM
I've never been to that site, and now, thanks to you...I never will. Thanks. I am totally seriously too. I can't stand people or sites like that. Like ArkaiHalon said, jealousy. I agree. You have talent, they don't. You win.

Hasid Lafre
11-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Well I think it comes down to it that if something that ryan or scott had a hand in they praise it like its god giving the cure for all illnesses.

Syphon
11-02-2007, 07:56 PM
You actually see this in alot of major corporations. If it is not their idea, design, product, etc then they usually dont want anything to do with it. they may have affiliates with those other shows and are very obviously showing favortism. If you take a look at the star wars community there are several organizations that are very focused and narrow minded to one ideal or way of things. you would think that people would be willing to brauden their minds and maybe even take a note or two from other talents that may eventually even better them selves...................BUT NOOOOO :roll:

Hasid Lafre
11-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Yep thats why I like the smaller communitys like this one. and places like thedarkalliance. there just starting to get active and really wnt to show that they have what it takes for a costuming groupe.

Novastar
11-05-2007, 09:55 PM
LOL!

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Jedi_Order_Lands_In_Manhattan_109028.asp

No favoritism going on here, lol. I especially like how Force-Cast states (and I quote):

"They use what sounds like, more durable versions of the Force FX sabers, except theirs are made 'from a guy upstate.'"

It's just blatant, insulting, and there is no fluppin' excuse. They can't even mention Bob from advanced light weaponry? I barely joined the Luxeon community and I have met Bob and knew/know of him. Nor do they mention Luxeons? Whatever. Whaddya piece-a chip.

For some background--I have already sent them video of the Plecterlabs examplers I made... and also BOP I (numerous times)... AND BOP II (three times). What SOUNDS like??? How about what ARE? hahhahah. Facts are so "uncertain" with these cloudy force-casts...

I hate to be so mean, but... seeing the stuff on Force-Cast is like being gang-rra... uh... "taken" by a group of unicorns while breakdancing on hot coals after drinking a nice 20 oz. glass of rusty thumbtacks....

... after having your best friend "pogo-stick" on your nuts for an hour or two.... ... ... after a colonoscopy...

Force-Cast? ... Force crap.

heheheh :shock:

:lol:

Angelus Lupus
11-06-2007, 07:16 AM
And thus Novastar gave into to his anger, fell to the Dark Side and force choked the entire Force Cast community.

Seriously tho, it does seem a bit off to so blatantly dimiss the luxeon sabers in such a way as to make them sound almost like knock-offs.

Novastar
11-07-2007, 02:32 AM
Yup. And as you guys know, it takes a lot to irritate me.

I think it's insulting that they didn't mention Bob Innacone (sp)... from Advanced Light Weaponry. When I met Flynn at C4 and many of his crew (Jester, THEIR master Novastar, and Damon and so forth)... Bob was there and he not only seemed like a great guy... his creations were certainly works of love and labor.

The way I see it... if *I'VE* barely "joined" the saber/Luxeon/SW community (remember, I only really got involved this "far" in 2006...)... and *I* know these guys--then CERTAINLY some group like Force-Cast should EASILY and GRACIOUSLY recognize people by name. Why didn't they say "Flynn" or "Bob Innacone" or hey, agree to mention something about BOP? And if they did, would they have typed:

"A few people put together what appears to be some kind of show with lights. They swing them around on sticks, and have some dialogue in the background. They mention the "Force" a bit, and there are some saber sound effects... but we're not quite sure about it all--it's all so confusing!
-----------You be the judge, TF.N Force-Cast viewers! Enjoy!"

<<--- shakes his head, swigs a little of his beer...

It's just a forking insult, that's what it is.

Like... what if I kept saying "that components guy with that copper-ish saber or whatever" or... "yeah, that custom hilt dude--the one who sells a bunch of aluminum parts". I guess I'm just being overly-sensitive, but... whatever. :)

:lol: