PDA

View Full Version : Saber design contest voting!!

Strydur
11-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Over the next 5 days this vote will be used to narrow the designs down to 5.

You can view the saber designs in the thread below this one. The thread has 3 pages so be sure to view them all.

Vote for YOUR favorite..NOT your friends..NOT the one someone told you to vote on.

I will be watching for a influx of new forum members and if it looks like a bunch of people are signing up just to vote I will lock it all down..start over and lock out anyone from joining the forums until the voting is over. Please dont make me do this.

Please vote for the calendar pictures while you are at it.

Tom Starkiller
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Quick question, are people who submitted aloud to vote?

Strydur
11-01-2007, 10:14 AM
sure

Angelus Lupus
11-01-2007, 10:54 AM
At the time of this post (before I cast my vote) I think it's interesting to note that all but one of the sabers voted for has an angled emitter shroud.

Edit: I'm assuming that Tim as Admin gets to see who voted for what, so we're not allowed to vote for our own?

xwingband
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I didn't vote for my own, but it doesn't stop some... :wink: I noticed when Tom Starkiller asked his question the poll went from 4 to 5 results with one more vote for his. Guess who voted for their own and felt guilty about it? :lol:

I figure it's a given we like our own. If it comes down to one vote... oh well. :P

Tom Starkiller
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I've not voted yet actually.

I'm awaiting Tim's reply, I know I'd be a little guilty voting for my own, but I also really want this otherewise it'll be at least I year before I can afford a lightsaber. And I want my first luxeon :D

Angelus Lupus
11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok then, I might as well say this:
I voted for my own, but only after triple checking (at least) all the entries and finding nothing that grabbed me as much. Oh some came close, but MHS + sink-tube + dremel could probably make these and I was hoping for more.. well I dunno, but more.

Also I only voted for mine after someone else did. I'm not asking you to stand up, but thanks whoever you are.

If it comes down to one vote then, by all means, Tim can discount mine.

Strydur
11-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Really..if you think yours is the best then vote for yours. Why not.

DACOTA
11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Very smart Tim about the influx of joined members,you got those cheaters marked! Nice job.

xwingband
11-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Very smart Tim about the influx of joined members,you got those cheaters marked! Nice job.

It happened before... forget which contest it was but it was pretty clear when one entry had a sudden run-away.

DACOTA
11-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I see. :wink:

chaos
11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Why aren’t more people voting on this? There are nearly 3000 members (2987 to be exact) on this forum but only 53 people have voted!

What’s going on?

Tom Starkiller
11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Why aren’t more people voting on this? There are nearly 3000 members (2987 to be exact) on this forum but only 53 people have voted!

What’s going on?

How many of them are active though?

TimeRender
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Most of those 3000 are lurkers who never post anything and then eventually forget about this forum altogether. There are fewer than 800 forum members who have ever posted anything at all, and fewer than half of them have ever posted more than a handful of times. There are only about 150-200 people who could at one point have been considered regular contributors, and many of them stopped posting a long time ago. I'd be willing to wager that there are fewer than 100 people who are currently active here. Some of those may not have noticed the contest at all because they never bother to read the Misc topics. When you factor out the people who didn't know about the vote I'd bet you've probably only got... say... 53 people left.

Tom Starkiller
11-06-2007, 10:18 AM
When you factor out the people who didn't know about the vote I'd bet you've probably only got... say... 53 people left.

LOL, until I joined, I never bothered ith Misc either, but tis actually sometimes interesting.

TimeRender
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Any idea what time the voting is supposed to end today? Or what time the next round will begin?

Angelus Lupus
11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
... Some of those may not have noticed the contest at all because they never bother to read the Misc topics...

I always use the "View posts since last visit" function, so I see all the new posts no matter where they are. Very handy

darth ney
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
i use the same function. the only problem though is when it has no new post, you have to go search for it. with this thread tho its not that bad but with others they can seem to dissapear. damn that never ending search) hey i know what we need..a new and compleatly updated forum thread index(x-wing it's up to you now) and if you do this please sticky it where it can be found easyily

xwingband
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
hey i know what we need..a new and compleatly updated forum thread index(x-wing it's up to you now) and if you do this please sticky it where it can be found easyily

It's stickied where it always has been... in the forum that say pretty please to read it. :roll:

I probably could stand being updated, but jeez... look at the index. It says quite clearly to just post threads you think should be indexed. I don't think I'm going to get to updating it soon... so if you want it updated do some leg work yourself.

darth ney
11-06-2007, 07:09 PM
how lazy can u be x ll jk have a good day and exepect some request to be indexed

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
What am I doing wrong? I can see the results, but I can't vote.

TimeRender
11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
You're not doing anything wrong. The voting is over.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Ah. OK, thanks.

darth ney
11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
quick question...... what the hell is an aluminum falchon?