PDA

View Full Version : Volts question

Chuber
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi... Im from Argentina, and i am still working on my first saber. I am using a Luxeon Led 3W Red and an Obi´s hasbro sound board. I used 4AA batteries with a 2.2 resistor. But i need more space in my hilt, so i was wondering if i can use a 9v battery (duracell or a rechargeable one) with a bigger resistor. Would it work? Which type of resistor do i need? Can i use instead 2AA bateries with a smaller resistor? I am a little confused. Thanks and sorry about my english... (here in Argentina we speak spanish)... Thanks again!!! :D

Chuber
10-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Or maybe 4 AAA will be better?

xwingband
10-31-2007, 09:02 PM
You can use a 9V... but your runtimes will be awful. The resistor needed can be found on the chart via the front page of TCSS. You mention a hasbro board though... even though 9V's are weak I don't want you hooking one up to a Hasbro unless you already have a setup to avoid the voltage.

Personally a better option would be 2AA. This is not ideal either, but it will work WITHOUT a resistor.

TheCheeker
11-01-2007, 12:04 AM
i think xwing has this one covered. i just wanted to compliment you on your english. i didn't notice any typos, let alone any grammatical errors. thanks for having easy to read posts! :D

Chuber
11-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Thank you Xwing for your answer... and thank you Cheeker for your comments... One of this days i ´ll be posting some pictures of my finished saber...