PDA

View Full Version : Another newwie, this one from London

Sethski
10-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi folks!

Just to introduce myself - I'm Sethski and I'm a saberholic...

I've owned some FXs and pre-done lux conversions, but I'm only now venturing into wanting to do some proper modding and possibly building myself.

I've poked around through the threads here for useful bits of info but it's only now that I want to get started on some of my own projects that I decided to start posting some stuff.

I'm the proud owner of a Parks Qui Gon, which I'd like to convert to luxeon, hopefully with (eventually) sound.

I also have an Obi Wan Ep. I/II parks hilt (yay!) on the way from eBay, so would like to do something with that - if possible, have to wait and see. And I have a couple of Force FXs I'd like to convert (single Maul and Obi Wan) so plenty to keep me busy and hopefully will find some answers on "how to" in the forums here.

Vazan Maceu
11-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Welcome Sethski :)

If you want to design, build, or mod an existing hilt/saber, you´re in the best place now... Plenty of information, pics, and helping hands and heads :wink:

Tom Starkiller
11-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome, I second the above post :)

EDIT: Just realised, ANOTHER BRIT!!! YAY!!! Though why are you all from London lol, Am I the only one from Brittain not in London?

Barmic Rin
11-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Another London Lad! Welcome!

Angelus Lupus
11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm I the only one from Brittain not in London?

Not true, I'm from Kent.

Oh, and welcome Sethski

Sethski
11-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Yay! Cheers for the welcome and nice to have some hellos and from my fellow countrymen and cheeky ****ney chappies, especially.
Look forward to some virtual hanging out here and hopefully sharing some success stories on the saber front. :)

GFORCE13
11-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Welcome Sethski to the CSS!!

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 04:48 AM
Us Brits have gotta meet up sometime other than a Convention.

Most of us shouldn't have too much trouble arranging I imagine.

I say we organise a UK saber day!
(Yes Chaos, I know you're north of the Border, but you can come too!)

Angelus Lupus
11-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Good idea, I agreee. It'll be a good chance to show off my saber once it's finished.

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 05:59 AM
It'll be a chance to meet, have a coffee, discuss ideas & try out each others sabers!

How about 30th Nov?

We can see about the other Brits: Neophyl, Shadow, MattB, Kinchar etc.

We'll need a more central location for peeps, plus wherever it is needs to have saber-swingin' room!

Tom Starkiller
11-03-2007, 07:11 AM
I don't have a saber :cry:

Midlands would probably be central though lol, and I can't get far as I'm only 16 and have college :(

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, i'd be bringing about 4, so you could try afew out to give you an idea of your ideal length/grip style.

I'm sure some of the others will bring several as well.
I just hope if Phil comes I get to play with his Dooku! Didn't get to see it at CE!

Angelus Lupus
11-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Not sure where I'd be able to get to, travel-wise (no car) but it does seem like more of us are in the south, i.e. Kent/London, etc

Tom Starkiller
11-03-2007, 07:51 AM
If all of tou in the south gather, you could decide groups of who you come up with, be eco-friendly :P

I know it would make to go to whereever the majority of people are, but if we have people coming from the north as well, a mid-point seems fair and would cut down on travelling hours.

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, i'd be using public transport to get there anyways as it's easier for me.

How about somewhere north of the river?

Can't be too bad for the majority of us to get somewhere in North London, can it?

Drichar Deis
11-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Woohoo! Ive been searching for sparring partners, I live in Windsor, North London aint far!

Sethski
12-10-2007, 05:48 AM
I only just spotted some more bits to this thread - Drichar, did you see the other thread about meeting up? Should be going on next Saturday - the thread is here:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3781&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

I'll PM you as well in case you don't see this and haven't spotted the other thread - be good if you can make it :)

Tom Starkiller
12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Drich has been busy with work lately, ain't been online much at all.

Sethski
12-12-2007, 08:14 AM
That's a shame - but there'll be other times I'm sure.