PDA

View Full Version : An elegant weapon, my first MHS!!!

Wu-Li Ruwashii
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
----2" double female, double female with milled slots, ribbed extension, pommel 4, emitter 3, cobin stlye battle blade----

i've got a green k2 and a buckpuck with sound and motion on hold until i can get one of erv's boards. thanks to tim for helping with some pesky stuck mhs parts and everyone on the boards for the mulitude of info available for noobs like me.

http://homepage.mac.com/jeolsberg/PhotoAlbum4.html

valeon
10-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Very nice, very simple, but sometimes simple is for the best. Great work!

TorLinWaDur
10-29-2007, 10:38 PM
nicely done :) good job

Novastar
10-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Well done... it starts with doing things simply, and yes--everyone needs help from the boards... even some of the "experts".

Good work, and looking forward to hearing your decision on sound.

Kamurah
10-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Good job! Nice saber....I like the simple look :)

Wu-Li Ruwashii
10-30-2007, 05:44 AM
thanks for the comments. the simple design was born out of qui-gon and luke from rotj. I wanted something that could be wielded with two hands in the djem-so style (hence the grip at the bottom) or one handed with a shoto(which i may build later) in the left hand.

this has been a humbling project. i thought it would be simple, even for someone with my limited experience, but i have been frustrated at several key points. i will undoubtedly keep tweaking this one to see if I can get better brightness from the blade, though i am limited as the puck isn't ideal for driving the k2 at max mA.

Kamurah
10-30-2007, 07:10 AM
You echo my thoughts exactly about this hobby. I too was thinking the construction of a saber would be fairly straightforward and simple…..nothing could be further from the truth.

It is amazing how many tiny details have to be worked out to make these things…..definitely brings out the OCD in a person.

Anyway, congrats again on your firstborn. :D

Ashron
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Very nice Wu-Li! I like simple saber designs. It’s great to see a like minded saber builder. :D The saber I just completed is very similar to yours the only difference is I used emitter 5, pommel 3 and painted my grips black. I still need to add sound (will do later). When I build my shoto I plan to leave out the milled double female.

I fully agree a saber is never fully completed. There is always a new detail or tweak that needs to be done. Gratz on you’re saber!

37H4N
10-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Simple is (for me), the best way to go if you plan to use your saber. My custom saber from random has too much stuff on it. It looks beautiful but it can be hard to wield, so its mostly just a 'show' saber.

Nice saber BTW. :wink:

GFORCE13
11-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah I agree the simpler saber is much better for wielding and you can always build a show saber with sound and all the trick features for the cons.