PDA

View Full Version : question about k2 and tri lux

darth ney
10-29-2007, 08:40 AM
ok what would be brighter, the k2 or the tri lux? really need to know. because i am think of modifieing my design submission, as of now it it is going to be a tri lux amber, but if the k2 is brighter than i want to change it.

xwingband
10-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Don't bother changing it. IMO everyone should have made a design and forget such and such. It's not like the design changes based on that... it's not a build your dream saber contest.

The idea is compatibility... make it with it being sound compatible. Did anyone really think they'd get a free CF if that's how they designed it? 100 is a tall order for Erv considering he's maybe done 150 total over the last two years. (Counting me, Jonitus, Novastar and Neophyl I think that'd be like 20 CF's alone, lol)

Think about it logically, even a run of 100 sabers with sound would be a lot. I'm not Tim, but if it were me I'd be planning on just lighting it up and then leaving sound up to the user. Remember he only said CONSIDER those aspects.

To me it's this:
1) Sound... how will it get out.
2) If it's longer then you can get away with thin parts. If it's a relatively short (11" or less) think carefully about batteries.
3) Extra dodads... don't count on them. Don't let your design hinge on them OR let there be an alternative. Say you were thinking of crazy blinkies for Erv's board... will your design be dashed if a PLI is substituted? Will it be plain if it had to be left out all together?

Food for thought people. :wink:

EDIT: Also... you realize people will not buy a saber simply because they want it in a different color? It would be foolish for Tim to lock it in one color... he'd most likely offer it in whatever the buyer wants. So if anything give an example only... and better yet make a small pic with all the colors.

darth ney
10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
thanx x i alwase look forward to your advice, you have very good imput.

Jonitus
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
On a run of 100 sabers, I think it is too bold to expect sound right off the bat. IMHO, the design should lend itself to the easy install of sound, but not necessarily have it installed during production.

I suck at CAD and such, but I have a design in mind that would lend itself to a lot of user customization, be able to accommodate sound easily, and have sufficient heatsink design to allow install of any LED you can think of (within reason). Best yet, it can be made by modifying blank MHS parts. It is unique enough that it would be recognizable as a limited production run, but allow each of us who buys one to make it our own.

darth ney
10-29-2007, 10:06 AM
well i dont think i will win anyway so it dont realy matter i guess. sorry i wasted yalls time