PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 3

37H4N
10-28-2007, 11:34 PM
I can't believe nobody started a topic on this yet!

So Guitar Hero III was released today. Has anyone played it yet?
I got my reserved copy today and its awesome! The pre-order box comes with a free leather guitar hero strap which is pretty cool.
So far the boss battles haven't been too hard.

Right now I'm on the 7th set of songs on hard. I realy like the song list for this one, they've got Tenacious D, Disturbed, Cream, Slipknot, Stevie Ray Vaughn, *** Pistols, just lots of realy cool songs. I like that this time around they added more costumes or "styles" for the characters. I got tired of just the two we got stuck with in GH 1&2.

Overall rating so far, I have to go with 10 out of 10. It just keeps getting better and better.

I highly recomend picking this game up. Yeah its pricey, but its so worth it.

SilentBob501
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Hmm, i may have to pick it up after work today. I have the first two, and I rented the 80s one, which was fun but way too short. Im not really good enough to play anything more than a barely passing grade on a hard song. So I mainly stick with medium and battle it out with my girlfriend in 2player mode. Shes good, when shes in the zone she like never misses a note, the only way to beat her is to use your starpower more effectively. Im excited that they included some Tenacious D in the 3rd game, thats gonna be awesome. Well, anyway heres hoping that its not sold-out when I get there.

DACOTA
10-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Sweet it has Stevie ray in it.Thats awsome! 8)

petriomelony
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
i think it's too easy... i was playing the demo at a friend's house, and while the note charts are harder than in guitar hero 2, they've made it ridiculously easy to hit the notes, particularly hammerons and pulloffs. they basically made the timing much more lenient.

with gh2, i definitely had to consciously TRY to 5-star all the career songs, particularly the ones in the last set. and jordan, i've only beaten once, ever. beating The Metal on the demo was like... no effort. 4 stars on the first try? i dunno. i have yet to try the dragonforce song, but judging by the youtube video, it's not going to be nearly as hard as jordan.

i also hear there are some issues with the new controller, such as the buttons not being as responsive (the xbox version) or star power issues... a mix of them making the controller more sensitive to the tilt and the game needing less tilt to activate, perhaps.

i also dislike how the notes look on the fretboard... everything is so dim and dark, compared to gh2. however, hammerons are much easier to see, which is kind of nice.

Nightwing
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM
i also hear there are some issues with the new controller, such as the buttons not being as responsive (the xbox version) or star power issues... a mix of them making the controller more sensitive to the tilt and the game needing less tilt to activate, perhaps.I dunno, IGN.com swears by the GHIII controller, consistently calling it the best guitar controller made yet.

vortextwist
10-29-2007, 02:02 PM
i was wanting to but I think i'll try my friends gh2 first.

SilentBob501
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I dont have to worry about the new controller, I will be using my trusty GH2 controller for my PS2.

37H4N
10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
i also hear there are some issues with the new controller, such as the buttons not being as responsive (the xbox version)

Yeah, I've had that problem a couple times. Either that or I just couldn't hit the note on time. :roll:

I like the way the PS2 controller looks better than the Les Paul for the other systems. Don't get me wrong, its a nice ugitar, it's just not my style.

I'm looking forward to getting a new faceplate or two in the future.

Oh, and I beat the game on hard the other night. You get to play "Through the fire and flames" during the credits. You can't fail the song but man was it hard, and it was on hard. Imagine expert! :shock: I've seen a short vid of the song on expert and it doesn't seem humanly possible!
BTW, the God of Rock is awesome! 8)

pockets
10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
i just played it tonight on the Wii, and the guitar is about 1/8th of a second behind the song, so you have to play the note JSUT before it hits, it was a let down </3 wireless remotes

Nightwing
11-01-2007, 09:55 AM
i just played it tonight on the Wii, and the guitar is about 1/8th of a second behind the song, so you have to play the note JSUT before it hits, it was a let down </3 wireless remotesYou have to adjust the calibration in the options.

SilentBob501
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
I got it, its pretty cool. Man was I out of practice. Plus, maybe its just me, but the difficulty seems harder. The first boss battle kicked my butt for a long time I must have played it 100 times before finally giving up cuz i had to go to work. But then I came back after and beat him on my first try. Go figure. Anyway, I love the huge song list and actual songs instead of covers, thats awesome. I like the new multi-player modes though I wish in co-op that one person didnt HAVE to be bass, why cant we both play guitar? All in all I give it a thumbs up.

Nightwing
11-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I played the demo in the store and noticed right off the bat that a few songs were far harder than any of the non-bonus songs in GH2.

Although I have the Wii and a PS2, I think I'll wait until I get an Xbox 360 buy the game; that way I'll have the downloadable content, and I'll have an extra guitar to play Rock Band with.

37H4N
11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
So guess what achievement I'm working on?

The Inhuman Achievement! - Complete Through the Fire and Flames on expert. Oh yeah! I'm practicing right now and so far my best was 70%. After playing the song a couple times, I've descovered a muscle in my hand I didn't know I had. :lol: The side of my left hand where my pinky is sticks out a little more than on my right hand. :shock:
One day I will get that achievement and rule the world! :twisted:
J/K. :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
been playin it, me and a friend played coop mode and beat it in easy, im on my way and just beat it in easy in single carrer mode as well.

theres a few super tough freakin songs there. i liked it myself, and i will get my own guitar soon, so me and my friend will then have 2 so he wont have to use the controller instead of the axe.