PDA

View Full Version : Converting the new MR interchangeable saber

Kamurah
10-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Anybody tried it yet?

A friend just came by with one...looks like it has a single tri-color LED (or an LED with filters).

Sound board sounds the same as the FX models (light side I think).

Interesting part is....I think it uses a momentary switch instead of the typical slider.

Could be a very cool conversion if possible.

so....

Anyone tried it yet?

Barmic Rin
10-27-2007, 02:41 PM
We haven't got them over here yet, so don't forget to post pics if you do convert!

Ghostbat
10-27-2007, 03:29 PM
So far I am considering these as a possible source of a few sound boards, I hadn't really given thought to using the hilts :)

xwingband
10-27-2007, 05:22 PM
What would you be converting too? :P

It's already a single LED as we use them. It's not filters, they'd have to be mechanically switched... has to be an RGB.

The board might be interesting, but futzing with the LED isn't exciting. A new blade would certainly help though.

Kamurah
10-27-2007, 05:39 PM
What would you be converting too? :P

It's already a single LED as we use them. It's not filters, they'd have to be mechanically switched... has to be an RGB.

The board might be interesting, but futzing with the LED isn't exciting. A new blade would certainly help though.

Was really just thinking of ripping out the guts to use in a MHS...

My interest came from the possibility of this being a momentary triggerred MR board....and therefore easier to use small switches in the MHS system.

I guess my use of the phrase 'conversion' was inaccurate lol. Good call.

:D

Barmic Rin
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
I was thinking of it as a box of bits.
Rip the guts out maybe, and see what can be used from the rest of the bits.

All in the name of experimentation! :D