PDA

View Full Version : D-rings

petriomelony
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
For those of you out there with D-rings on your saber... what do you use to hang it from your belt?

I am going to use a D-ring on my saber for accurateness, but I'm debating making a little space somewhere for a covertec knob, just because it'd be pretty sweet to have that (maybe cut one of the grips a little shorter and stick the knob at the very bottom sorta thing). however, if i can find a suitable device for hanging the D-ring from, i guess i could go with that.

ArkaiHalon
10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I have a belt clip key ring holder. I used pliers to remove the "safety"

cost me 2 bucks at home depot by the key machine

petriomelony
10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I have a belt clip key ring holder. I used pliers to remove the "safety"

cost me 2 bucks at home depot by the key machine

sweet deal, thanks for the input :) i will look into that

Darth Lars
10-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I bent a piece of metal, drilled two holes and riveted it to my belt.

petriomelony
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
hmm, alright...

i just realized something else... if i use a covertec knob and use the screw recommended, do i need to tap a hole or just drill one? it's going to be in a sink tube so there's not too much metal to grab onto, i guess...

chase
10-26-2007, 03:49 PM
You'll need to do both. Drill and tap it. If you don't tap, the thread from the screw wont catch anything. Use a 8-32's drill and tap set from homedepot/lowes. Also don't forget to line up the switch and the covertec so it's right. I didn't do that the first time and they don't line up at all, it looks pretty bad. :D

petriomelony
10-26-2007, 04:02 PM
line up the switch? you mean to get like a symmetric look, right? that's assuming you want a symmetric look :P i think i'm going to go by how the saber is positioned when hanging off the clip. maybe with the top facing forward, so the knob on the right side

chase
10-29-2007, 05:14 AM
yeah. I just couldn't remember the word at the time when I wrote that. I did it opposite of the switch. Looks good that way. Either that or 90 degrees to the switch looks alright.