PDA

View Full Version : Luke ANH conversion to lux

gman666
10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
I took my Luke ANH FX apart. It is very similar to the Anakin ROTS. I took my Anakin conversion kit and it fits the Luke but is loose. This is due to the Luke having a thinner wall thickness than the Anakin. The port holes are also shifted forward toward the bunny ears when compared to the Anakin. If Tim is not going to make a conversion I believe that the ROTS can be modified. Is anyone else interested in a conversion? I like how the hilt has 7 grips and the graflex clamp.

Thanks!

Greg

B5813
01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
I was actually going to ask about the MR Luke episode 4 conversion. I saw them today at Fryes and it looks so much better than the Anikan ep 3 model. Funny... you'd think they'd look exactly the same since it was Anikan's (ep3) Obi gave to Luke(ep4)... I guess that's Master Replicas for you... a nice way to market and sell another saber of a different name. Anyway when I saw it I immediately started wondering if there was a conversion kit on market...

xwingband
01-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Well... the differences aren't MR marketing. That's how prop departments work. After three years between films it's hard to keep the prop exactly the same... stuff gets lost or a substitute made.

I do think Lucas wanted the props machined for the prequels because of that... easier to copyright and keep consistant.

Anywhoo... there isn't a kit. Probably won't be for a while. If you can get it apart though you should be able to set in a heatsink and LED. Not the best for dueling, but if it MUST be converted "beggars can't be choosers".

felix142
01-15-2008, 12:49 AM
How loose is it? I'd imagine that some sort of tape whether it be electrical tape or some sort of masking tape (I've used painter's tape) might make up the difference. You could use an exacto knife to trim whatever might show up through the holes for the electrical pins. If you trim it carefully enough no one will ever know it's beneath the hilt while it provides the necessary stability.

B.

DarthFender
01-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I was thinking aliminum duct tape. I have a very similar problem with an ICONS Luke EP 4/5 I am converting to Lux. it is more or less a Graflex replica, so I ordered the Graflex kit and it's just a tad loose. So I used a wrap if aluminum duct tape and that snugged it right up. I guess it depends on how loose it is.

BTW, don't ever buy an ICONS replica graflex to convert. It is a single tube (not two halves), and the graflex clamp does not tighten on it so you have to put a screw in it. I got stuck with that one. That's why I'm using it. But at least it looks really good.

Luar Selbor
01-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Well... the differences aren't MR marketing. That's how prop departments work. After three years between films it's hard to keep the prop exactly the same... stuff gets lost or a substitute made.

I like to think of it as Obi-wan or Ben made upgrades to the saber. Luke ANH and ESB are diffrent. Obi-wan's is diffrent from ROTS to ANH. Same with Vader's.

xwingband
01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
I like to think of it as Obi-wan or Ben made upgrades to the saber. Luke ANH and ESB are diffrent. Obi-wan's is diffrent from ROTS to ANH. Same with Vader's.

True, it's just in universe thinking versus real world. Especially for the original trilogy props were small beans. Lucas couldn't get the movie off the ground for a while much less thinking about people liking the props and scrutinizing them.