PDA

View Full Version : Wiring revolution

Madcow
10-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I doubt I am the first sabersmith to think of this - but take a look.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/rpetkau/Fulcrum%203/IMG_1761.jpg

I've been using molex style clips for a while... But Fulcrum 3 was the first time I used ...

COMPUTER WIRE RIBBON
http://discountcablesusa.com/ribbon-wire-harnesses.jpg

I cut and customized sections of this fine wire ribbon, and it was fantastic. Easy to use - saves space - looks cleaner.

I would not reccomend using it on main power from the battery or to the LED as it's only 28 or 30 guage. You need at least 26 for power. But for the switch leads and the LED bargraph etc. It was awesome.

Happy sabersmithing!

MC

vortextwist
10-20-2007, 01:26 PM
very nice MC. does look really clean. nice job.

xwingband
10-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I noticed that one your other pictures...

I just hate to order the stuff online. I can't seem to ever get an online company that sticks with a manufacturers numbers AND good dimensions. Most manufacturers don't sell small amounts so let me just give a :evil: to online retailers.

ArkaiHalon
10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
other than Tim of course.

xwingband
10-20-2007, 03:02 PM
other than Tim of course.

Yup, mostly talking about electronics dealers like Jameco, Mouser, etc... I actually prefer the paper catalogs for browsing because their pages are just a pain to get what I want.

ArkaiHalon
10-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I prefer paper catalogs too, it's better mail than bills

Vazan Maceu
10-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I also prefer to browse through paper catalogs, but it seems that most companies cut costs reducing the quantity of printed material they use... Unless they´re a printing or paper company, you see :lol:

On the post topic, I´m glad for having a considerable amount of those ribbons... Seems I´ll finally be using them for something :D

Jay-gon Jinn
10-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Cool idea, Madcow!

And I agree that looking through a paper catalog is much easier than mouser's or any of the other places online pages...the catalog's usually have pictures in them.

TorLinWaDur
10-20-2007, 11:01 PM
cool idea.
nice and clean.

i wish i can do that