PDA

View Full Version : how to secure LED blade to FX saber

morpheus1977
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
I need some quick advise I was able to remove the blade from my Anakin MR saber I was just trying to make it removable, but was is the best way to make it a screw release like a parks saber I just want to be able to undo one screw and then remove it....

scaarmor
01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
The BEST way would be to wait until Tim gets the Anakin conversions in. Not only would it be the better PolyC tube but would have the blade lock feature he has made so famous. not to mention replacing a ton of crap LEDs to one powerful Luxeon.

P.S. It would probibly be better not to double post these types of questions (I just saw the one over on the conversions thread). Dont worry, post it once and you will be heard, and if anyone knows the answers they will post them[:D]...

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

morpheus1977
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I think I will be doing that but this would just be temporary

scaarmor
01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Almost anything you make to temporarily make it quick release would compromise the looks after you get the actual conversion-i.e. drill a hole to put in a bolt, then get the conversion kit and have a hole in the hilt all for nothing and wish you would have waited and not put the hole there. I would suggest waiting. I know that sound crappy, as I am waiting for them as well. But in the end you will be happier you did.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Strydur
01-30-2006, 09:54 PM
On the anakin just use a screw mounted through the hole in front of the bottom button and you will be fine.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

morpheus1977
01-31-2006, 09:22 PM
well my Anakin is done and My Vader is 99% done the only thing I am having trouble figuring out is how to secure the blade while keeping it looking orginal The Anakin was easy I just used the button behind the rabbit ears I put in a longer screw (carefully) drilled the correct hole in the blade and voila instant release pin but Vaders I am having trouble with any ideas??

tetmatek
01-31-2006, 09:33 PM
use the thumb screw in the Emitter. it will stay Movie correct that way. Tim sells several choices to kee the length proper.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3213/sig35jo.jpg

morpheus1977
01-31-2006, 10:05 PM
yea but that screw is two short unles he sells that part with a longer screw..

Strydur
01-31-2006, 10:10 PM
I do order special length thumbscrews for the vader conversions. I have some that are brass that I dont need if you want one.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

morpheus1977
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
would love one I can paint it silver untill I get one I can use..

Strydur
02-01-2006, 12:03 AM
If you order something else I will toss it in for free.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

morpheus1977
02-01-2006, 12:10 AM
cool I am prob going to pick up a cover tech clip. I want to shop around LOL been trying to find the hooks that attach to a belt for the D rings...

morpheus1977
02-01-2006, 12:15 AM
never mind I figured out where to get the hook LOL

morpheus1977
02-01-2006, 12:30 AM
so these next two questions are way off topic but I need to ask If I pick up the EL blade kit and the starter hilt set, does that include EVERYTHING I need to make one my self, minus hand tools I will need? will I still have to drill the holes and everything??

Strydur
02-01-2006, 12:38 AM
If you order the blade kit you will get everything needed for the blade with no drilling required.

The EL modular hilt kit comes with everything you need except the blade set/thumb screw. The only hole you will need to drill and tap is the hole for that. Everything else just screws together. You will need to do some soldering for the wires also.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

morpheus1977
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
I am really starting to get excited about this you have a sale comming up I just have to wait till fri for pay day LOL
so what I need to order then is
1 a blade (dont feel like building that part LOL
2 the hilt starter kit
3 style 4 blade holder (if I wanted)
4 a thumb screw
5 and install set screw (I think)
I can do the soldering no problem...
so if that is it you can expect my order on fri then...

Strydur
02-01-2006, 01:46 AM
If you go with the modular hilt system kit then you can not use a style 4 emitter. I will have a piece's that will give the modular hilt system the same look later on though. Otherwise if you want to go the sink tube route then yes you can get the style 4 emitter.

Confusing I know..when you are ready just create and save a order. I will take a look at it before you pay and let you know if you have something extra or are missing something.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop