PDA

View Full Version : MHS Style 3 Question?

GFORCE13
10-17-2007, 11:55 PM
This is the first time I used one of these Emitters and I noticed that the 1" Led Blade is really loose in this Emitter has anybody else encountered this?
I have tried 3 different blades for me it isn't so critical since I am using this for the LS Cane and not dueling.

Corbin_Das
10-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi GForce
I just ordered a number 3 blade holder myself last week and noticed the same thing. I suspect the machinist did a batch that had a larger blade socket, since the other two I have on my MHS saber staff from some time ago aren't like this. I don't know if Tim has different sized number 3s in stock or not. I haven't heard about anything like that from him.
I remember that Ultra had an emitter a while back that had a larger blade socket like this. If you're not able to get a blade holder that's the right size, perhaps you could look into getting one of Ultra's blades and it might help fill the socket better. I suppose if all else fails, you can wrap the base of your blade with tape, though that would likely get sticky after a while.

Corbin

Strydur
10-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I took a look at all remaining stock and out of 45 or so I did find one that was way too sloppy. If you got one that has too much play in it just let me know via E-mail and we will work something out.

chase
10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
my brother also has one thats pretty wobbely. i was thinking about just drilling another thumbscrew in above the one he has. think that would help anything?

Dregan
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
A second thumbscrew will definately keep the blade in place.

GFORCE13
10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Dear Tim
Since I am only using this Emitter as part of my Lightsaber Cane Conversion and not in a real Hilt and it will not be used for dueling I am think I am just going to go ahead and keep this Emitter.

Corbin_Das
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I suppose that since you're not using a blade, it's not a big deal, so that's cool. Mine will be going on a new MHS demo I recently bought for a convention coming up just after Halloween. So I'll need it to hold a blade rather soundly, as I tend to really bang them together during my demos to show how sturdy Luxeon sabers and their blades can be. Those that saw me demo them at C4 can attest to my abuse of these things. One guy wasn't holding one very well and I whacked it so hard it flew out of his hand and rolled over the edge of the floor under the railing and fell about 20 feet to the floor below. It still worked just fine. :D

Corbin

GFORCE13
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Dear Corbin
I will have a blade in it but I tried it and with the set screw tight it was OK to walk around with, since this will only be used for cruising around con's and photo's.
Well once again in Class last Saturday Kit's Darth Maul Blade launched 20 feet in the Air while he was demonstrating a new spin, I even upgraded it with a recessed Set Screw but every once in a while it seems to get away.

Oh yes I remember your Blade Demo's at C4, I could feel a disturbance in the Force, like a million polycarbians screeming out in terror and then were all of a sudden silenced. :lol:

Corbin_Das
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Like a million polycarbians screaming out in terror and then were all of a sudden silenced. :lol:

LOL

They'll do their job well......I guarantee that.