PDA

View Full Version : noob here would like some info on the ultra sound

orko
10-17-2007, 05:57 AM
He guys, first of all this site f**kin rocks \m/ ! so with that being said whats the scoop on the ultra sound board will they be available soon? how long of a wait am i looking at? does anyone here have an xtra they want to part with for $$$?

xwingband
10-17-2007, 09:39 AM
The first run of them came and went about two months ago I'd say. Your options now are to get on an interest list (Ultra has one going on at fx-sabers.com in their forums) or to find someone willing to give one up. I believe Morbius was going to ebay his soon...

If you don't want to wait you'll have to entertain the other options as it may be several months before another run is done. There is up to a Plecter board, an MR sound + driver (Plecter or Corbin's (the one in the TCSS store)), or just sound.

Darth Morbius
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
I was indeed going to ebay it, but I have been told NO by the wife. (She wants it for her next saber)

However there is an interest survey list posted over at FX-Sabers which is filling up fast.

I may still sell the Ultrasound if I can later, but there are SEVERAL people that have been asking me about it, and the wife hasn't decided if she wants a PlecterLabs board or not.

valeon
10-17-2007, 10:37 PM
There is an alternative for you though, if you don't want to wait, you can pick up a force FX board from Ebay, you'll probably have to buy a whole saber, but you can find scratch and dent things on ebay, aka a FX that has LEDs that don't light, but the sound board and clash work, for a decent price. The only dis-advantage, is that you can only use them with the 3watt LEDs. Which in my opinion isn't that much of a disadvantage, you won't see a huge difference in light in some of the colors. If you look in the MR to 3w conversion section, there are detailed tutorials on how to wire the LED to the MR board.

neophyl
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM
You can use a MR sound with a 5W led, you just have to add a bit of other electronics to drop the voltage down for the MR board while still keeping it high for the 5W led.

valeon
10-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Very true, but it's a pain in the neck.

Novastar
10-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Very true, but it's a pain in the neck.There is another way, which is simply to run two circuits... one for the light, one for the sound.

Run the sound on 3v or whatever you like.
Run the Lux V on 7.2v Li-Ion or whatever you like.
Use a DPDT switch and it should be pretty easy.

True, what Neophyl does is pretty advanced in terms of what most saber people are going to be doing. But from what Neophyl has told me, it's not all THAT difficult if you had a tutorial, some knowledge, and you were patient. :)

xwingband
10-18-2007, 06:36 AM
and the wife hasn't decided if she wants a PlecterLabs board or not.

It is quite simple then... you convince her to upgrade and the Ultraboard sale will help that. 8)

On the other hand... if your buying one takes away from me getting a possible board. Don't buy! :P

orko
10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
thanks for the help guys, and i was able to get my hands on a ultra board through the post replies !

DACOTA
10-18-2007, 11:36 AM
So does the ultraboard have a blade effect for the clash? It says it has the impact sound but it should have the matching effect for the blade right? And I guess I just now noticed there is no lock up sound or effect.Oh well.

vortextwist
10-18-2007, 12:53 PM
So does the ultraboard have a blade effect for the clash? It says it has the impact sound but it should have the matching effect for the blade right? And I guess I just now noticed there is no lock up sound or effect.Oh well.

no it don't, it only has the blade pulse mode. I think mine fried today. damn that makes me mad.

Maliki Skywalker
10-18-2007, 01:11 PM

no it don't, it only has the blade pulse mode. I think mine fried today. damn that makes me mad.

How did you manage to frie it? :shock:

vortextwist
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
don't know, turned the saber on after I finally got my 3/4 inch blades and turned it on twice and now nothing. got it apart looked at everything and nothin.