PDA

View Full Version : hyperblade with plecter labs technologie

darth radius
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi, does someone know if i can use in my hilt a mix of an hyperblade (the brightest type of blade at the moment) with the plecter labs driver, which i think is the best at the moment or with the TCSS sound/LED driver for instance.
Thank you all.

xwingband
10-16-2007, 06:43 PM
You will lose stuff by not going one or the other. Like I'm not sure the hyperdyne driver will have all it's lighting effects without it's sound driver... then the sensors are not going to line up even if they do work independently.

Personally I don't give a @$@^ about how bright it is when the battery life sucks! What the point of going crazy bright if you can't run it that way for long... Luxeons certainly aren't dim so my money goes to Erv.

darth radius
10-16-2007, 06:57 PM
thank you for that fast answer, i know that batterie s lifes sucks, but an ultra bright blade is cool, is it? I was just wondering if it would be possible to mix both technologies to achieve at the best lightsaber ever. Increase batterie life is still possible, the only problem as ou said is to be able to combine the hyperblabe leds and the erv driver. perhaps he has an advice to give...

xwingband
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
I've seen Jim state that it is possible to mate his stuff with other electronics but I wouldn't count on him helping you with that. Jim considers Erv's stuff in violation of his patent... :roll:

So possible, more than likely, but it may be more hassle than you want to deal with.

darth radius
10-16-2007, 07:21 PM
I see....and what about erv? Is he cooler :)? He s french as far as i understood, i am as well, i live in paris, do you think he would be open to help me for that project?

valeon
10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm not a big fan of LED strips, cant do much whacking and dueling with em without em breaking, now correct me if i am wrong, but hyperblades are a strip right?

xwingband
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
If you really want to... and if you're in Paris, heck yeah! Erv would probably be glad to help you.

Send him an e-mail. Erv may simply want avoid it... not sure. I certainly wouldn't let Jim know what you want to do. I've heard of Jim not letting people on his forum or selling to them because he knows they support Erv.

Novastar
10-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Mixing the two different types of technologies would be like trying to run Mac software on a PC. It would be pretty ugly to try, and most likely become a money pit, as you'd do... what...? Buy the Crystal Focus board and ALSO hyperdyne's? That will total something like $700 right there, and then... what hilt are you planning to use... would you use the same battery pack, etc.?

Unless you have extensive electronics knowledge, and extensive knowledge of both Hyper and Erv's boards and specifications (of which, only Erv's is available to study via his .pdf--Hyper does not do that sort of thing)...

...survey SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYSSSSS....

.........................X........................ .

darth radius
10-17-2007, 03:18 AM
hi, 700 dollars?? erv s board cost 150 dollars (100 euros) and hyperblade driver (without sound card) cost 180 dollars... well, i am sure that erv can do it for me, the question is, is he open to the idea. People can use a spare MR sound board with a led driver, why not an hyperblade driver with erv board...
OR someone can tell me what to do the get the brigtest luxeon blade (which driver, how many corbin film, zhich current and batterie) because till now, i don't reach what i want.... But i think i will be too complicated... Specially because i have no clue of electronic.. Better is to forget it and give up the idea. Thanks to all.

Eandori
10-17-2007, 01:54 PM
The max current on Erv's board is 1.5 amps, I'd be willing to bet a Hyperblade requires a LOT more then that. In fact, you can do some quick math to verify it's true.

Assumption 1: most of the power coming out of the battery for a Hyperblade is probably being used by the LED's in that blade. Not by the controlling circuit.

Assumption 2: We should be able to look at the voltage, and capacity of a Hyperblade battery and calculate how much power that saber is consuming.

Here's the link to the Hyperblade website: http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/hyperblade/main.php

One of the batteries shown on that site is a 7.2v Li-Ion. They look like 18650 cells to me, which are 3.7v each at 2400mAh. That would make a total rated battery of 7.4v and 2400mAh.

2400mAh is 2.4 Amps for 1 hour. If that saber only lasted like 10 min at full brightness, then divide the time by 6 to get 10 min, then multiply the current by 6. Giving you a ballpark guess of 14.4 amps.

If that's the case (and it probably is) Erv's board with a limit of 1.5 amps will NOT power a Hyperblade.

Edit: I forgot to answer the second question, sorry.
OR someone can tell me what to do the get the brigtest luxeon blade (which driver, how many corbin film, zhich current and batterie) because till now, i don't reach what i want.... But i think i will be too complicated... Specially because i have no clue of electronic.. Better is to forget it and give up the idea. Thanks to all.
The brightest Luxeon blade I know of for Sith is a red-orange Luxeon III at 190+ lumens, with a very evenly diffused blade (Erv' blade with 5 degree lens). Make sure you have good heat sinking, and overdrive that LED like 30% of it's rated current. You need a battery with enough voltage for brightness, then it's a question of cell capacity for saber run time.

The brightest Luxeon blade I know of for Jedi is a Green Luxeon V at 160+ lumens. Same thing, Erv' blade, 5 degree optic, even better heat dissipation, overdrive the LED like 30% of it's rated current. You need a battery with enough voltage for brightness, then it's a question of cell capacity for saber run time.