PDA

View Full Version : Hello

BlackDOG
10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I wanted to say hello and give you guys and gals a quick thanks.

I have been chasing the saber dream for years and those pusuits are finally paying off. Upon finding your forum, I finally got some real answers to issues I have pondered. I followed Loreen's EL saber tutorial over at the force for a LONG TIME, but never felt comfortable with the EL wire's performance. Loreen, you kept my hope alive for the battle capable saber I was promised a long time ago. And on that note...

Does anyone know anything about a "Rouge Jedi" who built EL sabers and sold them on Ebay in 2000? I bought one of his sabers (FOR A LOT OF MONEY) but never got a blade......since then I have been looking for that duel capable saber.

I just ordered a luxeon kit and will soon have that saber. Thanks to all of you who have taught me a lot during my lurking here.

BlackDOG

Jedi-Loreen
10-12-2007, 12:54 PM
You never got your blade for your from that guy? Man, that stinks. :x

Just to clarify, was it Rouge Jedi or Rogue Jedi? I don't know either one, but maybe someone does.

As you already know, I make (or made, now that I'm into LED sabers)my own EL blades. :wink:

Oh, and by the way, Welcome! :D

BlackDOG
10-15-2007, 06:29 AM
:lol:
OK so I am a dufus...it was ROGUE and not ROUGE....image a rouge Jedi......a Jedi prancing around in scarlet makeup...not really heavy, more natural looking.........sorry....

ANWAY, Loreen, I many times thought about making an EL blade using your method, for my saber, but the technology changed so fast, I was always afraid I would order stuff and then it would not work with what I had. Like you said in one thread, there was not such thing as a 4Khz inverter when you started making blades.

So, now, instead of having ONE saber, I a preparing to do three. A LED for me, Obi Wan blue of course, and two EL sabers for my kids (pink and a blue.)

Thanks for all the info.

Tim has been most gracious in talking with me

BlackDOG
10-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I found what I believe to be the saber guy I was talking about Loreen...

http://www.lightechindustries.com/sabers.html

My saber looks like a precursor to the t-9000. the emitter and grooved section are almost identical.

Whatever.....it looked good then and does now (except it is in peices and needs to be remachined to accept a Luxeon.

Thanks.

Barmic Rin
10-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Lightech's still going!!!???!!!!

I haven't bought from him in at least 3 years!
I liked his hilts, but TBH Tim's inverter, which was bought around the same time, is still going (I think. Haven't used it in over a year) whereas his died a death long ago.

GFORCE13
10-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Black Dog sorry to hear about all your Saber Woes, man some people just give the Jedi a bad name, I hope everything works out and Welcome to CSS Island :lol: