PDA

View Full Version : cutting and shaping the heiland head piece

NeuroSean
10-12-2007, 11:01 AM
I am trying to achieve the the emitter shape that the heiland gives, but I don't want the base, just the angled part. Has anyone tried cutting the heiland with a dremel or anything else? How did it go?

Thanks

Jonitus
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
For what you want, you'd do just as well going to your local hardware store and picking up some 1.25" 160psi PVC pipe. It is actually larger than 1.5" diameter and fits wonderfully over a 1.5" sinktube.

Cut it out, sand it nicely and paint to your choice of color.

ArkaiHalon
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I've used the PVC quite a bit in my sabers, and it does work like a charm.
and it's inexpensive, like 5 bucks for 10 feet or soemthing like that, so you get plenty to practice on.

Steeljack
10-12-2007, 04:33 PM
I am trying to achieve the the emitter shape that the heiland gives, but I don't want the base, just the angled part. Has anyone tried cutting the heiland with a dremel or anything else? How did it go?

I cut a Heiland-like shape out of sink tube using a Dremel. Being sink tube, it was considerably thinner than the canonical Heiland, but the principle was the same.

Getting the shape right was fairly easy once I figured out how to create a template that let me Sharpie the desired curve onto the sink tube.