PDA

View Full Version : what should the Inside diameter of a hilt be ?

Arm on Fire
10-11-2007, 08:04 AM
I am designing and will be building from scratch a custom saber and i need to know what should the inside diameter of the hilt be to accomidate a k2 led setup with ultrasound board, battey pack speaker etc.? :twisted:

Vazan Maceu
10-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Greetings Arm on Fire :)

I´d say no less than 1.25", depending on the battery pack you´re using... But I´m just a padawan, you know :lol:

supertrogdor
10-11-2007, 08:51 AM
do yourself an immense favor, and buy MHS parts. Customize with sink tube overlays and painting and activation boxes and such, but you will very much thank yourself oodles later for doing it right the first time.

xl97
03-14-2008, 09:46 AM
just a funny thread I stumbled upon (searches).. and from the looks of the original works you've done AOF..

Im sure glad you decided to go your OWN way.. your stuff is amazing. ;)

Arm on Fire
03-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks xl97, I have learned a lot since that post (as you have seen) it is pretty funny .Although my latest saber was heavly inspired by MHS,its an amazing and very well designed system (props to tim :)), the parts i wanted to use just were not available at the time, so as you said i went my own way.Thanks again :)

xwingband
03-15-2008, 09:59 AM
I consider 1.125" the minimum. Dependant on the way it's made a AA pack can be fit and gives breathing more for the wiring on 1" boards. 1.25" is comfortable for most everything and any more is just gravy. :)