PDA

View Full Version : Gender Changer Woe's

GFORCE13
10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Hello There
Just important saftey tip only use the gender changer for Light Duty Applications, I had one break on me during an aggresive dueling session, which consequently ruined my brand new blade. I highly recommend using the standard coupler for Heavier uses it is definitely worth the extra money. :wink: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/G-FORCE13/CSS/DSC00589-1.jpg

valeon
10-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Seems like you really layed the smack down on that changer. What were you doing? Beating a horse to death with it?

GFORCE13
10-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Actually we were dueling and I have a Stunt Hilt which I just added a 3" MHS extension at the Pommel End and next thing I new I am hold it and the front part of the Hilt and Blade are flying off towards the Concrete Pool Deck.

37H4N
10-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm using a gender changer on my latest MHS to make a double bladed saber. I made it mainly as a stunt saber. Do you think I might have the same problem? :shock:

DACOTA
10-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I would say yes. But I think the gender changers are only good for in between hilt sections and not double saber adapters,I mean the only difference is the id anyway. Which means it was made for in between hilt sections that way your electronics could still fit throughout the hilt.

GFORCE13
10-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Ryu I can't say for certain but that is an awful lot of weight on that thin piece of aluminum, I only had it holding the 3" Mhs Piece, the end cap and a switch
yeah I would really recommend just sticking with the Double Male Coupler it is a lot thicker Metal, that is what I am going to upgrade both of my stunt hilts with it adds an extra 1/2". Like I said before I would only recommend a Gender Changer if a Show Hilt not for real stunt use plus look at this way it means a bigger sales ticket for Tim. :wink:

Firebird21
10-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Sell it on ebay as a "Custom MHS 'Battle Damaged' Coupler"! I'm sure some poor sap will buy it... :roll: :wink: :twisted:

GFORCE13
10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey Firebird man you always have the awesome Ideas 8) Yeah starting bid $9.99 and then I can slightly age the other Gender Changer I have and sell it as Battle Worn. :lol: :twisted: :P

Strydur
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I put a warning on the listing for the gender changer. Let me know if I need to compensate you for anything.

37H4N
10-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Yes! compensation for all of us! No, just kidding.
Well while just doing a simple double blade spin I hit my leg, (which hurt :lol: ) and that broke mine so the next time me or Dacota orders something, I'll get a double male connector.
Trial and error I guess. :roll:

Firebird21
10-20-2007, 03:03 AM
Just gos to show you how much force is exerted on the hilt when dueling, and how imporant it is to secure everything in and on your saber.

One thing I wonder; however, is wether or not you guys had these parts tight enough. A loose bolt can be sheered of easier than a tight one, so maybe that's the problem. Any wiggle room will cause unwanted stress on the connector resulting in failure.

Just a thought.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Yes! compensation for all of us! No, just kidding.
Well while just doing a simple double blade spin I hit my leg, (which hurt :lol: ) and that broke mine so the next time me or Dacota orders something, I'll get a double male connector.
Trial and error I guess. :roll:

It's a good thing we aren't playing with the real thing here. If these sabers could really cut, I'd have one arm, no legs below the knees, and only half of my head. :lol:

ArkaiHalon
10-20-2007, 12:22 PM
then you'd only have half a mind to build sabers.

ok, it was funnier in my he :arrow: ad

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Or, people would think I'm crazy since I'm never in my right mind. :wink:

chase
10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I just wanted to add that I've had no problem with mine and I duel at least 3 times a week. Now weather you guys are dueling against bats or lead pipes is a completely different story.

DACOTA
10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Just gos to show you how much force is exerted on the hilt when dueling, and how imporant it is to secure everything in and on your saber.

One thing I wonder; however, is wether or not you guys had these parts tight enough. A loose bolt can be sheered of easier than a tight one, so maybe that's the problem. Any wiggle room will cause unwanted stress on the connector resulting in failure.

Just a thought.

Well Ryu was using an o-ring to line up the switches on the saber so maybe that space is what did it for the changer.

GFORCE13
11-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Nope being I have been a Mechanic now for over 20years, mine was Gut und tight and the other day I noticed that the second gender changer was starting to seperate at least I caught it in time. Now with the Double Connectors there are no more worries. 8) :D