PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Lux V to MR Driver wiring.

Dandura
10-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I have a TCSS Lux V Royal-Blue kit, and I'm planning on getting a MR soundboard for my custom saber, but I heard it has to go through a relay to power the Lux V. I'm new to electronics and wiring, so what exactly is a relay? Will my saber still retain the ame brightness going through a board not made for it? And finally what are the differences between the 3-cell and 6-cell MR drivers and which would be better for my LED? sorry but I couldn't find much info on these topics. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lord Dandura, Dark Jedi.

xwingband
10-10-2007, 06:12 PM
There are many ways...

The main things are that the MR can't take the voltage a V needs. It's going to need to be regulated or two separate packs to run.

Then the way of triggering it... two separate circuits with a DPDT switch or a relay to use a simple switch.

The relay sort of acts like a signaler... when attached to the LED leads of the MR when you turn it on the board sends the juice out the LED leads. Relay gets this and triggers another loop. That loop would be a resistor to the LED.

I personally don't like the relay because I've had too many issue with it. Erv posted a diagram up but I never tried it. I like something more interesting like a DPDT switch and a boostpuck.

There actually are a bunch of topic if you search the right terms... I'm way to tired to get into this right now though. I need a nap.

Dandura
10-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Alright thnx man. Thats great info, but if it's that complicated it sounds as though it might end up costing as much as an ultraboard, so I'll just save up. And no problem about the nap, seeing as you moderate every forum thats the least you deserve.