PDA

View Full Version : the young one shows promise

ArkaiHalon
10-07-2007, 09:31 AM
My wife and I are trying to sell our house, so we've decided to do some small improvement projects to help increase the appeal of the house.
Project 1. put a closet organizer in my son's bedroom. As we are cleaning it out, I found an old hasbro Darth Maul. My son INSTANTLY yelled
"MY LISABER" and went around the house with it.

This morning, he brought it back to me and said
"daddy, I don't want a pretendy lisaber, i want your real lisaber"

the boy's got promise.

goldsaberwarrior
10-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Cute dude. Mabey he has a true lightsaber hid somewhere and just ain't tellin. :)

Jedi-Loreen
10-07-2007, 10:11 PM
A tot with a real lightsaber? Sounds scary. :shock: :P

How old is the little guy?

Novastar
10-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Old enough to know the difference between "pretendy" and "real-zeez"...

ArkaiHalon
10-08-2007, 04:38 AM
he's four. and very much likes lisabers.

supertrogdor
10-08-2007, 07:26 AM
My boys both love to play light sabers, ever since i started building them. at first my youngest could do littel more than pick up one end and roll it on the floor but he has been fascinated the whole time. My oldest, now 5, has given me quite a few good cracks on the knuckles, it hurts, but there arent many dueling enthusiasts in the area, or perhaps even the state.

ArkaiHalon
10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
I know what ya mean, i don't know anyone in the area that is into lightsabers let alone dueling. So i'll teach the young one not to hit me in the sibling maker and we'll be ok.

Barmic Rin
10-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Cute dude. Mabey he has a true lightsaber hid somewhere and just ain't tellin. :)

I wonder what else he's hiding.....?

http://cartoonscartoons.tripod.com/cartoonphotospanish/thumbnails/400x300/dexterslab.jpg

Today is a fine day for science! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gundamaniac
10-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Hahaha, bright kid there. I just think it's great how he wants your real lisaber and not the pretendy one :D

Though...if he grows up with a "real" lisaber now...what happens when he grows older?...it won't be like with us, going from a hasbro, to experiencing MRs, to experiencing custom-made wonders. His standards are gonna be soooo high....I can't wait to see what he'll add to the saber world!

ArkaiHalon
10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
it will be interesting. especially considering I never had an MR. went straight from hasbro to custom

37H4N
10-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Thats cool! Never to early to start.
Me and my little brother duel sometimes. Heres a pic I rotoscoped of us dueling w PVC sabers.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q152/Ryu-kenjutsushi/IMG_1003roto.jpg

GFORCE13
10-13-2007, 01:36 AM
That is awesome, but unfortunately when I was a Kid there was no SW Universe yet and yes I did own FSM(Kenner V1.0) but that wasn't till High School. Man Kids are so lucky today. :wink:

Ambo
10-13-2007, 09:13 AM
"teach the young one not to hit me in the sibling maker"

muahahahahah....

Quote of the month......

Darth Zecks
10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
I have a four year old, soon to be five, and a 7 month old. My four year old loves lightsabers. His favorite color is blue so everytime he sees me looking at a pic of a blue saber he says " I want you to build me one like that". So after I finish with my personal ones( yet to get started) I am going to build him one, smaller of course. He loves playing swords so I can't wait to see how he handles the one I make him. "Sibling maker" know thats funny.

ArkaiHalon
10-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Jack's favorite color is red, and so guess what color he wants his to be.

now what really cracks me up is that he calls Darth Vader "bom bom"
cause every time vader shows up, we here the bom bom music.
so he goes and gets my vader helmet, and struts around bomming out the imperial march.

Syphon
10-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Ive heard of people picking up interesting nick names, but you got to leave it to a child to come up with "bom bom" for darth vader. thats awsome.

Lord Maul
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Get this, my very first two words were Baho (Backhoe (http://www.anderton-kitchen.com/pagecontent/backhoe/backhoe-loader.jpg)) and Dee Dee (Excavator (http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/00461/images/excavator1.jpg))

Bon-Barta Jedi Knight
10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Hey, man that is cool. Check this out, I have a 7 year old DAUGHTER and wants me to make her a lightsaber with a pink light. So, Tim, I guess you will be getting some orders from me soon. I have to train my young padawan. Hope I can train her as good as yoda trained me.

By the way, I never had a hasbro or MR. Went straight to custom. Just purchased a Luke EP3 MR V from toys r us. This thing is supersweet.

Novastar
10-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Where are you located?

We need padawans for BOP III... :) In the SJ/SF CA area... longshot I know...