PDA

View Full Version : What comes with the LED "Corbin style" Battle blad

Tekka
10-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi i was wondering what came with the LED "Corbin style" Battle blade kit? Would it be cheaper if i bought the stuff alone and assemble it myself or buy the complete kit?

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 06:29 PM
dude read, it tells you whats in the darn thing.

thats what erks alot of folks around here, noone bothers to read, they just blurt out questions.

be glad X-Wing didnt get ya first, he's not as nice sometimes. an :roll: d frankly, i dont blame him sometimes either.

xwingband
10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi i was wondering what came with the LED "Corbin style" Battle blade kit? Would it be cheaper if i bought the stuff alone and assemble it myself or buy the complete kit?

Of course... add up the parts yourself.

Do you intend on ever building more blades? If not you should buy the complete one.

If you don't have the tools for cutting the tube and gluing the tip it will cost more to DIY for just one blade. Over multiples it of course drops.

Tekka
10-06-2007, 08:37 PM
dude read, it tells you whats in the darn thing.

thats what erks alot of folks around here, noone bothers to read, they just blurt out questions.

be glad X-Wing didnt get ya first, he's not as nice sometimes. an :roll: d frankly, i dont blame him sometimes either.

Ok first of all i did read. You don't gotta jump me for asking what exactly comes with the kit, as i understand it the kit comes with : Poly Tube, Shoulder Tip, and reflective disc, and film.

What i didn't understand was why it cost $34 because If you add Polytube $12.99 Tip $3.25, Mirror $0.31, Double Wrap Film $7.50 = only $24.05 That almost a $10 difference.

Also it doesn't say how long the tube is on the kit. Is it 36" or 38" or 40"?

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 08:43 PM
thats because as a completed blade, Tim puts the tip on for you, and inserts the film or tube. you only need state the length you want.

Tim does this, but not for free. and if you didnt understand why on the price, then you should have asked that, the way you said it, sounded like, what all is in the blade?

to me, thats the way i took it.

ArkaiHalon
10-06-2007, 08:46 PM
It actually allows you to select the size of blade you want, from 24-40 inches.
The price difference is for the labor that is put in to cut it to size, glue the reflector to the tip, glue the tip in place, roll a double wrap of film, set it in place.

As X pointed out, unless you are building more than one blade (i'd say more than 5) it's more cost effective to buy the pre-assembled blade.

either way, happy shopping.

Tekka
10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
thx clearing that up, and sorry for the vague question, next time i'll make my questions more clear, for a moment you sounded like those stupid trolls that jump all over noobies on my scion forums lol.

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 10:37 PM
yeah, a lil more precisely asked question would of been helpful for sure.

GFORCE13
11-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Also you got to factor in the Weld on #3 which I bough some this year and a pint set me back $22.00 shipping included. Definitely I also recommend unless you are planning on building a lot more blades in the future just buy one from tim.

Lord Maul
11-02-2007, 02:33 PM
HOLY THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN! :shock:

Hasid Lafre
11-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok who got ahold of a SG-1 sarcophagus?