PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the K2 LEDs sold here.

Tekka
10-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi, i was wondering about the brightness and the colors sold here. I really want a K2 Cyan Star but i don't see it for sale so i was wondering is there a significance differences between the K2 cyan and the 3W cyan?

Will the Lens Holder and Lens fit on top a NON Star K2 LED

Also what are the specs of the K2 Blue Star? Is it 1500ma?

And which of the following is brightest K2 Blue Star or 3W Cyan or K2 Cyan

xwingband
10-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Cyan will be brighter.

All K2's sold here are 1500mAh.

K2 Cyan = 105-130 lumens, Cyan Lux III = 80 lumens, Blue K2 = 46 lumens, etc... All this can be found on the spec sheets of the LED at the manufacture's page OR via the TCSS front page HERE (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/t-resistors.aspx).

If you go for an emitter you'd have to sand down the legs of the holder. With out the PCB plate it would hold the optics too high.

Tekka
10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Just when i was about to place my order I find out about Bin variation and now i'm confused again

I just read that a K2 Blue Bin 6 is a good Cyan substitute. Since it is almost a cyan does that mean that the Lumen goes up?

If so would a K2 Blue Bin 6 be brighter than a 3W Cyan?

i wish TCSS sold K2 Cyan emitters, i really don't want to order from other places.

Strydur
10-06-2007, 10:17 PM
We dont sell them because we would have to order hundreds in order to be guaranteed a certain bin. If we didnt then we could end up with bin 5 or 6 which is basically green.