PDA

View Full Version : UPS... seriously give me a break.

xwingband
10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
The last two times I've ordered from a place in Atlanta has just made me think UPS is retarded.

Every other shipment I've gotten has been great. 1 day straight to Jacksonville and then the next it comes to me. 2 days max.

Last time for some reason they decided a stop in Savannah, GA would be cool and that added a whole day because it really takes one day to go from Savannah to Jacksonville. :roll:

This time takes the cake... my shipment went to MONTGOMERY, AL!!! What is going on?!?! That's the WRONG DIRECTION! So it's going from Atlanta to Montgomery then Jacksonville... and because of the weekend I'm not getting it until Monday.

A two day trip max is now FOUR days. Seriously give me a break... I've driven from Atlanta to South Florida in a day. When you make a living driving packages Atlanta to me in Gainesville should be easy.

ti-el_terall
10-05-2007, 05:06 PM
You think thats bad? I just ordered Vista Online and the border fees on it are $50! Now Im paying 0.5x more just for border fees!

gman666
10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
UPS is still 10 times better than FedEx here in BFE. I do not know how many times FedEx has screwed up my orders. If I get anything shipped I go with UPS. The PO is horrible here to.

Thanks!

Greg

vortextwist
10-05-2007, 05:39 PM
theyve been pretty good to me. gmann, I didn't realize you lived where you did. I just drove through there last night comeing from noxville.

Marsupial
10-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I've seen worst.

last I had something shipped by UPS, they showed when I wasn't home the normal 3 times. I can't get to their UPS desk to claim the package as its at the other end of the city and they have stupid business hours.

So I call them asking to ship to an alternate location - I ship it to my parents in the same city as me.

after 3 days I call them back
they told me "the adress you gave us doesn't exist - that street doesn't exist". I don't understand why they didn't call me on my cell or something. furthermore, my parents received a package via UPS the day before if the address wouldn't exist, they wouldn't deliver ALL of the packages.
So I re-confirm them the adress and ask that they delivers pronto.

From there, they waited an other 6 open days to deliver it to my parents address, without any updates on their website's tracking services.

This is supposed to be a 2 days delivery, postponned 3 days for the 3 passes at my place, postponned 3 other days because they say the street doesn't exist while they delivers other packages at that same address, then postponned another 6 days for the sake of goofing up: total 12 open days - about 3 weeks in calendar days.

I'm happy it was a book someone was giving me, and not some precious business matter.

UPS sucks like a vacuum cleaner on turbo mode.

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 02:12 AM
round here, UPS ,FEDEX, and DHL, are ALL freakin idiots. same crap has happened to me as well. my armor went on a round the country ride, cuz the stupid arsed
UPS man couldnt find my address, they have delivered to NUMEROUS times before!!!!!!!

they get some real stupid drivers sometimes. and what makes it worse, is they all use GPS positioning devices, so how the heck can they not find something???????

Barmic Rin
10-06-2007, 02:14 AM
How about UPS, then UK Customs office, then parcelforce?

Bought a saber off Do-clo, and had to pay nearly £20 in customs duty ontop of shipping costs!

Had to do it with my inquisitor saber too!

Still waiting for a saber I ordered in July! The guy has sent out a replacement as the first one never arrived, something to do with customs thinking it's tattooing equipmentr because of his Ebay ID! GRRR!!!!!! :x :x :x

Angelus Lupus
10-06-2007, 04:22 AM
How about UPS, then UK Customs office, then parcelforce?

Bought a saber off Do-clo, and had to pay nearly £20 in customs duty ontop of shipping costs!

Been through exactly the same thing myself, Barmic. Sucks, but it's nice to know customs weren't just picking on me. :)

Barmic Rin
10-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Thankfully they don't do it when I order from Tim or Erv, else my lil hobby would cost me stupid amounts more!

THe july one may have actually arrived yesterday at my buddy's house.
I should have my newest toy tonite!

Fingers croosed we all have decent service from our respective postal carriers when we win the scratch & dents!

darthdan
10-06-2007, 05:58 AM
Anybody know where to find out what customs fees will be before you ship?

Angelus Lupus
10-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Thankfully they don't do it when I order from Tim or Erv, else my lil hobby would cost me stupid amounts more!

That's well worth knowing, thanks

Barmic Rin
10-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Always a pleasure!

I still can't believe I had to fork out that £20 for the one from Don, he even marked it as a gift!
What if i'd been a poor lil kid, sick in hospital with some tropical disease, whose fondest wish was to have a lightsaber lie his favourite comic character. then open a letter & find out i'd have to pay that much extra just for some numpty at parcelforce to hand it over the counter? That sort of shock can do people in! :lol:

ti-el_terall
10-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Honestly, the quicker shipping offered by other companies is nothing compared to what I get with USPS/ Canada post. When I ship with them I knwo it will arrive safely.

Also, I know get all my packages cheaper and they arrive a day earlier thanks to me ventuer one card. :)

Darth Morbius
10-12-2007, 10:42 AM
The only carriers I have had major problems with were DHL, and about a month's worth of USPS woes.

DHL is an ongoing thing with me. Anything that comes from the west of me actually PASSES me over into the neighboring state (Ohio) then comes BACK to Indiana to the distribution office that is only 20 miles from my house.

ALL of the DHL drivers from the local DC here are morons. I actually got one of them fired a while back because they came to my door for no more than 10 seconds...didn't knock or ring the the bell, jumped back into their vehicle and PEELED out in my driveway (spewed gravel all over my freshly waxed car and chipped the paint) and then marked me up as REFUSED DELIVERY with me as the responsible party for return shipping...

DHL also used to deliver the payroll for where I work, until the driver took our checks for a ride until 8 PM.... That did not go over well!

The only real issue I had with USPS was that an employee in our local DC was deliberately destroying packages and stealing mail. He was jailed later of course, after an investigation of no less than 60 claims from different people.

Jin Ke
10-18-2007, 09:24 AM
I never go with UPS, they are really slow, plus won't ship to p.o. boxes. For me, USPS priority mail is the way to go. Most of the time it gets there before it even shows up on the confirmation site.

Syphon
10-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Well i guess its understandable when you abreviate your real name.......UPS (United Pot Smokers)........"Well get your package to you as fast as we can remember what the hell a package is".

valeon
10-21-2007, 02:36 PM
If you only knew the truth to that statement. Every UPS guy that stops at my house, looks like a complete and total pothead.

xwingband
10-21-2007, 05:09 PM
If you only knew the truth to that statement. Every UPS guy that stops at my house, looks like a complete and total pothead.

My neighbor back home is a UPS driver... yup. Her youngest kid stole her pot stash once. She never said anything because she didn't want to admit that smoked.

As http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-downs.gif I think UPS is... it's hard work. If you're not a driver it's slave labor. The drivers are always in a danged hurry too...

Syphon
10-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Now thats the truth....they are always in a hurry to deliver, but its a shame there in such a hurry to just screw things up. When i got my first car (1989 honda CRX.....with after market performance parts) I pulled up to a stop light. A UPS delivery guy pulls up next to me. I reved my engine just for laughs. HE TOOK ME FOR ABOUT 2 CAR LENGTHS!!!!!! Now granted I didnt puch it because I thought he took it as a joke. The only thought that went threw my mind was "DAM....I wonder how many boxes just got crushed".