PDA

View Full Version : I think my LEDs broken.

Dandura
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I just bought the Lux V Royal blue LED kit for my saber hilt, and i wired it according to the turorials so i'm hoping the wirings correct. The problem seems to be that the Lux V is broken :cry: , it gets warm when on, but emits no light, any suggestions as to what might be wrong would be much appreciated. I would like to be able to fix it without having to spend another $20+ dollars on a new LED if possible. If needed I'll post a pic. 8)

Jay-gon Jinn
10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
You'll need to post a bit more info on what the set-up is. If it's a resitored, or a sound board, # of batteries, etc.

Strydur
10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Can you take a pic of how its wired?

ArkaiHalon
10-05-2007, 05:10 AM
I just bought the Lux V Royal blue LED kit for my saber hilt, and i wired it according to the turorials so i'm hoping the wirings correct. The problem seems to be that the Lux V is broken :cry: , it gets warm when on, but emits no light, any suggestions as to what might be wrong would be much appreciated. I would like to be able to fix it without having to spend another $20+ dollars on a new LED if possible. If needed I'll post a pic. 8)

Only because I did this on my first lux saber, make sure you've got the pos to the pos, and the neg to the neg.

Dandura
10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Ok thanks my friend said that too, and guess what you guys are right i totally forgot that red is positive, doesn't make sense to my brain when reds a warning color.

Novastar
10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Make sure you attach the LED to a heatsink before testing.

Also, the Lux V's forward voltage is about 6.85 volts--so in other words, it probably won't show any light until you give it at LEAST 6 volts. 7 volts would yield its "ideal" light.

And yes, a diode only works one "direction" so wiring it incorrectly will not damage it--it just won't do anything.