PDA

View Full Version : Mr Maul sound board voltage.

DACOTA
10-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok a simple question which I hope gets a simple answer.There is probably a way to test this but I'm not sure. What is the typical and max voltage you can use for an darth maul fx board? I have 6v running to it,but after about 1 min or less it gets really hot,but it still runs fine. :?
Is it ok like this or should i get a resistor on there to lower the voltage?

Thanks again guys. :)

xwingband
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Resistors don't drop voltage... they regulate current. Get a diode if you want to drop the voltage, or they have 5V regulators too.

You have to think about it though... to me I'd make the switch to 4AAA rechargeable and that'd be the same thing. OR getting a dummy cell to use 4.5V from 3 normal batteries would be a heck of a lot easier too.

DACOTA
10-05-2007, 07:49 AM
I thought resistors only regulated current,now I'll for sure remember that for fact.I think i'll try the dummy cell idea,so how do I go about doing this?

supertrogdor
10-05-2007, 08:15 AM
arrange for a conductive material to take the place of one battery, you could use a piece of steel rod, or solder a wire in place of a battery, whatever is most convienient

DACOTA
10-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Ok,jus before I got on here I was trying to figure it out, and what do ya know I got it. I took one battery out and put in a wire. It makes sence,one less battery and the voltage drops 1.5 but you keep the circuit going with the wire.So I didnt need to ask that previous question,but thanks anywyas.I like figuring things out. :D Ok Its now at 4 volts.thanks for the help .

Novastar
10-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Great job Dacota... :)

And yes, 6v is pushing the MR board. 5v is fine. As is 4.5v (naturally).

DACOTA
10-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks,but I'm still learning,but I know way more than when I first came here a year 1/2 ago. :D

[EDIT] Woohoo,my 700th post!

Novastar
10-06-2007, 12:56 AM
What do you think *I* knew of LEDs, wiring, soldering, voltage, amperage, etc. in January of 2006?

Zero. :shock:

No joke.

And I *STILL* know absolutely NOTHING... :D

DACOTA
10-06-2007, 05:06 PM
:shock: Really? Well your doing very well from my point of view.
:D