PDA

View Full Version : Man crap like this makes me want to punch someone.

Hasid Lafre
10-04-2007, 01:10 AM
So about 12:30 am I decided to go out and have a smoke. fine nothing to big. its a nice quiet nite.

I go back inside to try to go to sleep caus eI got a funeral to go to at 11AM today.

So I cant sleep, its about 2:15 am I decide to go out and get another pack of smokes. I round up my change and get my coat.

Walt out to my car turn on teh drivers side and see that my driver side mirror is busted and theres a pumpkin lying on the ground.

I controll my temper, take some deep breaths, and walk inside calm like. I grab the phonebook and phone.

I set the book and phone back down and proceed to go get a pack of smokes but take my moms car instead.

I get going and I see pumpkins all over the street, so I weave out of the way and end up getting blasted with water from a hydrant thats open cause the city is flushing the lines.

So great now iam wet, thank god for my coat or I would be soaked to the bone.

I come home and call the cops and have an officer come out and we do the deal of making a report.

The cop said he drove by about 1:30am and he said there was no pumpkin anywhere.

I clean up the mess and came to type this.

Ya know I may have not been the cleanest nosed kid but I never vandalized someones property.

Kids these days need to be raised better. Iam getting sick of these kids that go out and do this crap cause they want to. cause there mommy and daddy will keep them from jail.

BAH!

Needless to say iam very pissed off. and now I have to drive almost an hours drive with just a rearview mirror.

You know how annoying that is?

So Iam sure some of you have messed with cars and know how to turn a wrench so I ask you. What mirrors will work for an 85 chevy celebrity?

I know gm back in the day used parts from other cars and soforth to cut costs and I know other mirrors will interchange with one another. but I dont know what mirrors will.

Anyone know?

supertrogdor
10-04-2007, 07:20 AM
That sucks man, i know we are coming on the season for that type of vandalizm too. I would suggest that you stop by or call your local salvage yards to see who has the best deal, you never know what kind of a deal you can score

Dregan
10-04-2007, 08:25 AM
http://www.lkq.com/newrequest.cgi

I wouldnt expect to pay more than $30 or so, but don't quote me.

LAN-ED-TUL
10-04-2007, 03:47 PM
actually its the goverments fault. theres so many laws now, like when i was raised i got the crap whipped outta me by my dad with a belt when i messed up. or smacked withe back of his hand or some stuff like that.

you cant do any of that nowadys cuz its child abuse this or child abuse that. thats a load of crap!!!!

what the kids nowadys need is to let the parents whip their butts like the old days, and we wouldnt have none of this crap we now have cuz all we can do is say, ok, lil timmy, if you dont behave your goin to time out!

bust them darn kids butts i say!!

valeon
10-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I agree.

Novastar
10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Agreed with Lan-Ed.

Children today do not have the fear they did back then--and it is not always a bad thing. Good guidance + I'll smack you if you don't follow my "yes I DO actually love and care for you" kind of leadership = kids that turn out as very cool adults.

I work with kids of all kinds every day. Disrespectful, respectful... astute, dumb... talented, not... athletic, sluggish...

But the WORST are the ones that don't care what you do or say--they just think the entire world is their trash dump and no one is ever better than them.

ArkaiHalon
10-04-2007, 07:41 PM
It all comes down to parents not telling their children the truth.
You can NOT be anything you want to be. You can be what you deserve to be by earning it.

Nightwing
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I seriously cannot stand those people who tell you you're evil for being pro-spanking, then wonder why their kids are running around like lawless maniacs (Ironically, committing felonies).

News flash--I was spanked as a kid, and I have no psychological damage whatsoever. Heck, I was closer to my dad than anyone else in the world before he died.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child"=TRUTH

Jay-gon Jinn
10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
So Iam sure some of you have messed with cars and know how to turn a wrench so I ask you. What mirrors will work for an 85 chevy celebrity?

I know gm back in the day used parts from other cars and soforth to cut costs and I know other mirrors will interchange with one another. but I dont know what mirrors will.

Anyone know?

Actually, we still use the same parts on different cars, Hasid. The doors I put on the GMC Acadia are identical to the doors I put on the Saturn Outlook. The under body pans are also exactly the same, so the chassis parts are interchangeable as well. And yes, it seriously cuts the cost of manufacturing the vehicles.

As far as which side-view mirrors will fit a Celebtiry, if you can't find one from a Chevy, in 1985-87 there was also a Pontiac 6000 model, a Buick Century, and also an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera.

Marsupial
10-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I've had that done to my car. Twice. and the antenna had been bent.
I changed the mirrors myself, got some on ebay for an OK price. Was actually a nice learning experience on my car.

As far as kids go, I don't agree with the pro-spanker. As a father, I know other ways to discipline my kid. But I do agree with you guys that most kids nowadays don't have any kind of respect. I think that's what happens when baby is being raised by the daycare instead of the parents.

There's just way too many parents that work by day and let kids do what they want by evening. Its hard being a good parent but there's many who doesn't even try (or care)

the main problem with society is that everyone can have kids. You need a liscence to drive a car, to go hunting, but everyone can make a human being... and the dumb people exceed at exercing this right a lot more then those who are bright ennough to plan their stuff.

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 02:17 AM
I seriously cannot stand those people who tell you you're evil for being pro-spanking, then wonder why their kids are running around like lawless maniacs (Ironically, committing felonies).

News flash--I was spanked as a kid, and I have no psychological damage whatsoever. Heck, I was closer to my dad than anyone else in the world before he died.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child"=TRUTH

EXFREAKINXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hasid Lafre
10-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the info there jay.

For the kids, yes they need disciplined more and more these days. hell if I ever had kids and the first time they would do some thing like this. Boot camp they would go.

Stinky Bantha
10-06-2007, 02:35 PM
That sucks Hasid, no one should mess with a man's automobile, it just isn't right.

And I totally agree on the spanking, that's what my parents did and I think I turned out alright so far.

goldsaberwarrior
10-07-2007, 12:13 PM
That would be annoying. Hope you get it fixed man.

GFORCE13
10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Hasid it is just sad what has happened with this generation, My Father is German from the Old School and fear of that Belt kept me in line, I see nothing wrong with parents disciplining there Children. Man THAT TOTALLY SUCKS about your Car, I would have been Pissed, I really hope you can find a Replacement Mirror at a decent price. Halloween is supposed to be a fun Holiday for the Kids not a destructive one. :cry:

gundamaniac
10-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Thankfully I live in a pretty good neighborhood...but if crap started happening here, I'd be waiting outside come Halloween, with my saber in my hands and a bunch of spare blades in my cloak...and then I'd see what breaks first: my blades, or the prankster who's f-ing up my property.

goldsaberwarrior
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
It's safe in the little hollar I live. There's one way in and one way out which is back the way you came so I don't have to worry much.