PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Sound Board Fuse

virus692
01-29-2006, 07:50 PM
<font color="purple">Hello All,
I have information about finding a fuse for the hasbro sound board I blew the one on it.littlefuse carrries a fuse that works.</font id="purple">
<font color="red">Update! 2/1/06</font id="red">
I found a company that is sending me some samples of minifuses
the only problem is if they are the right fuse minimum order is 1000 parts. If tim wants to stock them (hint hint)
<font color="red">Update 2 2/15/06</font id="red">
I got the fuses to day ... They are littlefuse part # 0674001 it is a 1A 250V 10mm so it is the same size as whats on the board. It works swell.
More data At:http://www.littlefuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/674.pdf
-Good luck

company website is on my profile

VIrus 692-
Life Liberty and the prusuit of insainaity

GFORCE13
01-30-2006, 04:00 AM
Hello I had the same problem with my sound board, you will have a hard time finding the exact same size fuse, but what I did is go to my local electronic's shop and bought a bigger one with leads and just bent them to make it fit the board.

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

Protein5000
02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
This isn't about fuses, but I have had 2 Hasbro sound boards and I've hooked em up to the voltage reducaer like the diagram and both of them quit on me. I changed the fuses but now they don't work at all [:(!]. I was ready to smash a hole in the wall.

This happened to anyone else?

virus692
02-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Protein5000 do you have pictures? if you replace the fuse you chance blowing the new fuse if you are useing too hot of soider..

VIrus 692-
Life Liberty and the prusuit of insainaity

Protein5000
02-05-2006, 01:19 AM
I have fuse clips so you solder the clips to the board and just unclip the fuese when you need to change them. All my wireing is correct, the biatch just doesn't work anymore. [:(]

xwingband
02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Hmm... what exactly happens when the fuse goes? I was playing around with mine and it just wouldn't even make the sounds. I got intermittent flashes from the LED at the start then nothing at all. Now it doesn't do anything...[xx(] No smoke, no heat up or tell-tale pop... I'm confused.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Protein5000
02-17-2006, 07:59 PM
That the same as what happened to me Xwing - 2 of them. I dunno what it is - some might have better luck than others.

Less talk, more action........

GFORCE13
02-18-2006, 02:55 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Hmm... what exactly happens when the fuse goes? I was playing around with mine and it just wouldn't even make the sounds. I got intermittent flashes from the LED at the start then nothing at all. Now it doesn't do anything... No smoke, no heat up or tell-tale pop... I'm confused.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Pretty Much this is what happens when it is blown, I kept having problems with it blowing even thought no wires were shorting out so I bypassed it and now it works flawlessly, I had hooked up the Force Resonator to the Lamp(Negative Out) and I think the surge was causing it to blow.[?]

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

Protein5000
02-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Sorry Gforce, how did you bypass the fuse? I'm no electronics wiz so could you please explain what you did to fix it? Pic might help too, thanks heaps.

GFORCE13
02-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Okay really easy just take a small piece of wire and about the same length as the fuse strip it at both ends and solider it to both ends on the blown fuse on the top side of the board. Or for a more permanent fix this is what I did I completely removed the fuse and soldered a wire in place of it.[:)] If you run in to any other problems feel free to E-Mail Me.

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

xwingband
02-20-2006, 06:16 AM
Awesome, I'll try that.

Protein5000
02-20-2006, 07:08 AM
I just tried it on both boards and no go [:(], still not working....

GFORCE13
02-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Well the only other thing I can suggest is check and make sure that the board is getting 6V and then bypass the switch just to make sure, if it still doesn't work, Unfortunately I think it truely has become one with the Force.[:(] I know Corbin has a couple of sound boards that aren't working right now either, I have one where the Swing Sensor(+) broke on the board and can't be repaired, these things are just really delicate[;)] Hope this Helps.[:)]

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

xwingband
02-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Yup, I've been super busy and I had a few minutes to burn between classes so... Sure enough I gator clipped both ends of the fuse and it started right up again.

Thanks, GFORCE13. Do you know if there's any problem with permenantly bypassing the fuse? I don't want to do it on a regular basis if it will be easier to go belly up for good. If not I'm tempted to cut that little sucker out of every board I get.[:D]

GFORCE13
02-23-2006, 02:34 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Thanks, GFORCE13. Do you know if there's any problem with permenantly bypassing the fuse? I don't want to do it on a regular basis if it will be easier to go belly up for good. If not I'm tempted to cut that little sucker out of every board I get.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> To tell you the Truth I permanently got rid of the Fuse on my new Led Saber, since I have had it intermitantly blow for no reason. Honestly all I think it really does is give the Board Reverse Polarity Protection, since it is just hooked up between the -Battery in and the rest of the board.

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

steel_darkblade
02-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Personally, I would keep the fuse there, considering there seems to be a shortage of sound module boards recently. Mine's still going. Also make sure you solder properly. You might overheat the electronics causing them to stop functioning properly When I have the time, I'll post a pic. of what I did.

"All men die, but not all men live... which are you?"

LAN-ED-TUL
02-28-2006, 11:40 AM
steel can be right on that. if when your soldering and you get too much heat x-fering through a component, it can fry it, or melt something inside. i had that happen once on a long past project i did. i tried to repair/replace a part, and ended up with a junk pile.lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Do-Clo
02-28-2006, 01:33 PM
The key is to use a 800 degree soldering iron so that you don't have to sit there with the iron on the board waiting for it to heat up. The faster you get the iron on and off will reduce the amount of heat transfered to the part you are soldering. You can also use a pair of clamping forceps clamped onto the lead of the part you are soldering to help absorb the heat and protect the part, just clip the forceps on the oposite side of the board from where you are soldering. The forceps can be purchased from many places just search the web for forceps, or the next time that you cut yourself while working on a saber that requires stiches you can aquire a set from the ER, your choice on how you get a pair.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 01:48 AM
now thats funny do-clo

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

ronzomi
03-17-2006, 04:10 AM
another place you might find this fuse or one like it would be at www.digi-key.com they sell this brand. They also have the microfuse fuseholders, you solder this in instaed of the fuse so you can replace the fuse real easy. Also you can by them in eaches, not lots of 1000.

The also have a slew of great momentary swiches.

Do-Clo
03-17-2006, 08:16 AM
I would recomend not bypassing the fuse on the sound board, if you have a short in your wiring or led without the fuse it will just burn up the board. With the fuse in then if a short occurs then it will blow the fuse shutting of the voltage to the circuit thus in theory protecting the sound board. If you can not find a small fuse you can wire in a larger fuse just make sure that the amp rating is the same.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

gundamaniac
05-24-2006, 11:08 PM
has the sound board really been that much of a problem? I'd been eager to use it but after reading this...I'm worried now.

A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.

GFORCE13
05-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Not really but you know the more electronic's and connections the more things to go wrong especially on my last hilt, I had both Corbins Driver Board, Habro Board, 4AA Bat Pack, Force Resonator, it was a little bit tight and space was a premium the main problem is with so many connections it is easy to break one while sliding everything in to the hilt during final installation.[:)]

<center>
" I am a Jedi like my Father before me"
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/G-FORCE13/th_DCP_1240.jpg
</center>

Do-Clo
05-25-2006, 07:47 AM
If you use heat shrink tubing when you solder wire conections and then some hot glue to support the wires on the circuit boards you should not have any problems with broken wires.

<center>http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/DoCloSig.jpg</center>
<center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
<center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

xwingband
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Exactly... the problems I've had have been when I've had it out for a while fiddling with it.[:)] Try not to twist them around and hot glue when you're done them ... BAM! you have sound.[:p]

<center>Read the FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552) or x-wing won't be happy. :(
Before posting did you check the Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577)?.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6703/xwing8az.gif</center>