PDA

View Full Version : Use a Sequence Relay to disable Flash on Clash?

Tekka
10-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi, I was reading through all the post and a lot of people suggested using a latching relay to disable the annoying flash on clash on the hasbro, but the problem with that was that it would require a reverse pulse to turn off the relay.

So i did some research and found something called a Sequence or Alternating relay that might solve that issue. The relay requires only 1 pulse to close the circuit and another of the same pulse to open the circuit. The relay will stay in either open or close contact position even without power until it given another pulse to change it's position.

All I would have to do is is replace the momentary switch on the hasbro board with a SPDT momentary button. 1 push of the button would activate the hasbro sound board and at the same time send a single pulse to the relay to activate the light. Another push would turn everything off.

I was also thinking since that free up the led out + and -- I could attach a simple relay and a motor to give the board some vibration effects that would activate on FoC.

Sorry if this sounds a little confusing, sometimes i get confuse myself lol, I'll try to get a simple drawing or diagram up of my idea to hopefully clarrify what im trying to do.

Also heres a PDF file that briefly shows how a Sequence Relay works http://www.cougarelectronics.com/pdf/latching%20relays.pdf

GeluKhanGharr
10-04-2007, 01:26 PM
There is only one issue with this setup, but it could be a big one. I have tried it myself a couple of years ago. The problem is that the sound board turns off by itself, and rather quickly. If you allow that to happen, then the light and sound go out of sync. So pushing the button would turn the light on and the sound off or vice versa. To fix the problem you would have to allow the sound module to turn off by itself a second time. All of this might get annoying after a while.

Tekka
10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
hmm i guess the easiest thing to do would be to use 2 switches then.

Also where did u manage to find a sequence relay? i googled for like an hour with no luck

GeluKhanGharr
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, no good solution with the Hasbro boards. It's either or...

For the relay, it was a local electronics store with which I've since stopped doing business because of their messed up attitude. Sorry, I'm no help there.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I used a Hasbro board in my saber, and I just took the clash sensor right out. This means that although you don't get the flash effect, you don't get the clash sound either. You do still get the activate/deactivate sounds, idle hum, and the swoosh.

I'm OK with that. I have nobody to duel with, and my saber is mostly for show anyway.

(font=self pity) Poor me. I don't have any friends that are saber nerds. I'm just a lonely geek sitting here all by myself with my lightsaber, and nobody wants to play with me. Poor me. (/font)

Tekka
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
lol I was so busy trying to figure out all the wiring i never even bothered to buy the saber until today. And wow was i dissapointed with the sound. I bought the Mace windu saber and the moment i heard it's stupid swooshing sound and the annoying clash sound i decided i'm better off returning it to get my $20 back and invest in a profesional sound board liek teh Ultra board or the CF board...