PDA

View Full Version : Kendo & Iaido

E-ronin
01-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Hello Group,

I just read in another post that there are some fellow Kendoist building sabers, just curious as to where you practice and rank?
Myself: Shodokan Dojo in Salem MA, I used to practice at Doshikai in Acton MA and a long time ago at the Emerald Coast Kendo Club in FL. I also when I get the chance like to practice with Hooper Sensei also in MA.I am a 1st Dan (even though I do not always feel like it :-).

Ed

Mur-Pa DiLos
01-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Hello,

I am a kendoist studying at the 1st Dan and also in Iado. I am training myself in the Yagyu Shinkage Ryu style of swordsmanship from Yagyu Munenori in the "life giving sword." I started training because of Star Wars and the Jedi and Munenori's philosophy on life and the martial way are very similar and coincide with the Jedi Code.[:D]
You can see my profile under the Force Users index or under the Jedi in the Welcome to the Forum section.

May the Force be with us all

Mur-Pa

Wolverine
01-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Nice to see fellow martial artists here! [8D][:D]

LAN-ED-TUL
01-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Tai-Quon-Do and Ju- Jitsu, with a bit of Karate thrown in too.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

The Plague
01-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm a 3rd Dan in Tang-Su-Do and I'm teaching myself (with some help from grand master ant my dojo) different forms of swordsmanship.

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

GeluKhanGharr
01-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Lan-Ed, I've never seen it spelled that way...
I too, practice taekwondo

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

Jin Ke
01-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm a black belt in Okinawan Kenpo, and currently studying Wushu. I would like to get into kendo or a sword based art, but there is nothing close to me. I've covered basic blocks, strikes, and draws but nothing major.

Erik
01-30-2006, 08:11 AM
I've taken a break from Enshin karate, but will be going back soon. A sensei there works out in the Shinkendo style, I learned a lot from them.

LAN-ED-TUL
01-30-2006, 12:20 PM
sorry gelu, i was in a hurry and spelled it wrong, my bad.[8D]

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...