PDA

View Full Version : Which side do you wear your saber on?

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
09-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Which side do you wear your saber on, and how do you draw it?

Just curious what the rest of you do. I can't decide which side is better for me.

I have the covertec clip, and I find that it is awkward to reach with one hand to squeeze the clips while trying to draw the saber with the other hand. No matter which way I do it, I either have a poor grip on the hilt and have to readjust before I turn it on, or my clip squeezing hand gets in the way. It would be nice to draw it in one quick, smooth motion, but no matter what, it just seems clumsy to me.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Jetsi
09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I am right handed, and usually wear it on my left side. And I agree, getting it out can he a hassle, and you can't do it and have it look fluid.

An idea I just thought of, would it be possible, if worn on your strong handed side, to somehow grab it and work the clip at the same time? I am sitting here moving my hands to see if I can do it, but I am in a hotel and don't have the clip in front of me.

If it works the way I think it should, you would initailly remove the hilt upside down, but if you could work a half spin into it, it would make a nice draw.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
09-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey, that's not bad! I just tried it, and I think I can make that work.

If you sweep your hand back so that the saber is pointing behind you, your thumb and index finger are in a pretty good position to squeeze the tabs. With some practice, you could probably do it pretty smoothly.

In my next saber, I was planning to put the activation button either in the pommel, or at the bottom end. If I plan it right, I could squeeze, draw, and activate in one smooth movement.

You just have to do some cool move to bring the blade in front.

Thanks!

Barmic Rin
09-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, I'm a leftie & have no problem grabbing it off the covertec, but then my clip is like 3" from the pommel & at the 3'o'clock position from my switch.

Jedi-Loreen
09-28-2007, 09:30 PM
I wear my saber on the left. I cross draw with my right hand, with the thumb and middle fingers pushing the buttons, the index finger wrapping around the hilt.

It just takes some practice to learn to draw your saber smoothly with one hand.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
09-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tips.

Of course, there's always the possibility that I'm just a klutz. :lol:

I'll keep practicing.

LAN-ED-TUL
09-28-2007, 10:42 PM
i think they wore the saber on the left side for the most part, i dont recall any right side wearers, right off hand in the movies.

i am right handed, but all my sabers are on the left side.

Lord Maul
09-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm a lefty, and I wear the saber on my left side. I also draw with my left hand.

USJMB
09-28-2007, 11:15 PM
The lightsaber is worn on the left side because jedi were supposed to be like samurai and the katana and wakizashi were always on the left side (their were no left handed swordmen, even if they were born favoring their left)

Scum_and_Villainy
09-29-2007, 01:18 AM
I could have sworn Luke wore his on his right side. In ESB, it sure looks like he draws his weapon from the right with his right hand.

Hasid Lafre
09-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes I do beleave he does cause I remember when he jumpted off the platform after knocking vader off with the gas hose he clipted it on the right.

But iam sure with a dring the right side would be best for a nice quick draw.

But the imperial knights wear there dringed saber on the left.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
09-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for your help.

I was outside this evening, practicing drawing my saber the way Jedi Loreen suggested. I'm getting better at it. I can draw it, find the button, and ignite it reasonably quickly. I may move the covertec a little further away from the pommel to have more saber to grab.

By the way, my neighbours must think I'm a lunatic!

Oh well. Just wait until they see me doing it in costume!

Barmic Rin
09-30-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, try going to a family BBQ with a mando helmet & Burger King crown!! You get some strange looks then!!! I'll post pics later.

I know jedi were very much inspired by Samurai stylings (G.L. loved movies like 'Hidden Fortress' as a kid) but for ease I wear my saber on my right.

I also wore my Katana on the right. It feels too cumbersome to were on the left.

Obi, do experiment with the covertec at various distances from the pommel for what works best for you.

neophyl
09-30-2007, 05:38 AM
While most of the film jedi wore their sabres on the left not all in fact did. There are a couple who wear it on the right.

Im right handed and wear it on the left. Drawing it isnt a problem though, I can grip the pommel and squeeze the clip all with my left hand as I draw it up and out while my right hand moves across to grip near the emmitter once the sabre is clear of the belt. Its a natural smooth movement and only requires a bit of practice.

neophyl
09-30-2007, 05:40 AM
While most of the film jedi wore their sabres on the left not all in fact did. There are a couple who wear it on the right.

Im right handed and wear it on the left. Drawing it isnt a problem though, I can grip the pommel and squeeze the clip all with my left hand as I draw it up and out while my right hand moves across to grip near the emmitter once the sabre is clear of the belt. Its a natural smooth movement and only requires a bit of practice.

Jetsi
09-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I was doing some research for my Sith costume, and looking to Darth Maul for a little inspiration, and noticed his clip is on the right hand side. At least it is, according to Obi-Wan's academy.

http://www.jedi-academy.com/art/mauloutercoat_dim.jpg

Don't believe it was ever shown in the movie, but now I want to watch and see if you can see it. Thanks to the Academy for using their picture.

37H4N
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm right handed and I wear my clip on the right. I draw my saber with one hand like Jedi Loreen.

GFORCE13
09-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I am a lighside Jedi, righthanded and always wear my Saber on the Left side.

Barmic Rin
10-01-2007, 04:23 AM
Jetsi, the reason for that is simple:

Ray Parks is left handed! And since it's the opposite of the jedi way, all us lefties are evil!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

petriomelony
10-25-2007, 04:45 PM
there is also a somewhat practical/thematic reason Jedi wear it and cross draw:

when a padawan was following their master, they would follow behind with the master infront and to the right, and when they drew their saber, it was on the left so as not to accidently slice their master in half

valeon
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I use dual sabers, but I don't cross draw. I've worked my hands out to draw them straight up with no problem or delay.

Barmic Rin
10-27-2007, 01:50 PM
there is also a somewhat practical/thematic reason Jedi wear it and cross draw:

when a padawan was following their master, they would follow behind with the master infront and to the right, and when they drew their saber, it was on the left so as not to accidently slice their master in half

I have to disagree, sorry.
As Lucas loved classic Samurai movies like Hidden fortress, he based the Jedi on Samurai. that's why Kenobi had very Kimono-inspired robes. This has been confirmed long ago by him in interviews.

Tom Starkiller
10-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Jetsi, the reason for that is simple:

Ray Parks is left handed! And since it's the opposite of the jedi way, all us lefties are evil!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not true lol. I'm naturally left handed but I'm a right handed fencer.

Lightsaber goes on the left as it does with all Jedi (That I know of :wink: )

TorLinWaDur
10-27-2007, 02:09 PM
not sure which side i should wear mine.

I am right handed, and i think i'll let my saber hang on my right side.

if i have two i put one on both sides.

Barmic Rin
10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Parks is on the left side. Seriously.

http://www.tritex-games.co.uk/images/fxdm2.jpg
Left handed

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/images/ezine/Dmaul.jpg
Covertec on the right

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_12maul_1.jpg
EVEN THE ACTION FIGURE IS A LEFTY, WITH CLIP ON THE RIGHT!

Alot is personal choice, but I wear mine on the right.

TorLinWaDur
10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
^^^ nice pics :)

LAN-ED-TUL
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
im right handed, wear my clip and saber on the left, but release and draw with left hand, its to hard for me to cross draw it.

Tom Starkiller
10-28-2007, 05:35 AM
When I first saw what side Maul has his, I thought Sith had them on the right.

But looks at the Jedi on the left here (Your left):

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e3coff06.jpg

Barmic Rin
10-29-2007, 01:23 PM
They changed Saessee's choice for two reasons in ROTS.

1) If he drew from the left, he'd block the view of Agen Kolar drawing his & be hidden by Sammy J.

2) They changed the actor. It's a different guy than the one that played him in TPM & AOTC. The new guy allegedly had trouble cross drawing with the prosthetic fingertips he wore.

If you look in the comics, they sometimes switch sides (as Obi-wan's does on Tatooine in TPM).
Example, Legacy no. & (I believe) had Wolf Sazen place his saber on his belt on the right in one frame, but it hangs on the left in the next. Since he only has one arm, he usually has it on the right to allow his style.

Corbin_Das
12-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi all
I normally carry more than one saber, so it's hard to say. I CAN say that when I've just got one, and it's on my belt, I tend to wear it on strong side front (known as the appendix carry). That would be on the front of my left hip, since I tend to use my left hand mostly. I'm actually right handed, but I swordfight, shoot and do most other things left handed. For writing, I generally use my right though, although I can switch hands if I get tired.
If I have a saber on my front right side, I tend to use my right hand in an inverted grip to draw it. Since I have a hook on my belt there, I don't have to operate a clip or anything. Obviously, unless you carry a saber across your back, it's pretty impractical to have a blade attached unless you're carrying the saber in your hand. But I suppose we're talking in a Star Wars universe where the blade wouldn't be an issue.
I'm currently working on a system that can best be described as a shoulder holster for a set of sabers. I'll eventually post pics.

Corbin

lowandheavy
02-15-2008, 01:58 AM
I modified an old nextel phone clip so I have a single push button to release the covertec, I cross draw mine from the left hip.

sekrogue1985
02-15-2008, 11:02 AM
i'm right handed. I tend to where my saber on the left side and a little around the back. Keeping it up front like you see in the movies and what not can cause some serious health hazads for us guys if we decide to engage in a little bit of running. lol. then again i carry mine around all the time even when not at any cons. To the store, to school, whatever but that's just me.

DaJoQuim
02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
I carry my saber on the left side.If I see a reason to draw on it I do it way before my target gets near me lol!!

Tradeliphine
11-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I read this thread several days ago and was thinking about it as I built my 3rd saber this weekend, and I remembered something that no one has mentioned. I have worked in several fields that use handheld radios and CBs (EMS, trucking, retail, security) and many of them have a sort of covertec clip but the button on the radio is not fully round it is a circle with a little bit lopped off either side, kind of makes it look like a side view of a donut. Those are then mounted at a certain angle depending on how you wear the clip itself, that way you hold it at a certain angle and can drop it into the clip, and when it swings vertical it is now being held in by the clip, you can press the button to insert or remove it, or simply return it to one of the two angles (180 degrees apart). I would wear my walkie on my right side, and to stow or remove it i simply tilted the antenna 45 degrees forward, you could easily modify a covertec button with a dremel to achieve the same ease of storage and drawing, regardless of the side, short of doing a flip/summersault it will hold it in.

Lord Maul
11-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I wear mine on my left side. I can draw it in one smooth motion even with the covertech

sithlordfaust
11-24-2008, 01:43 AM
why hasn't anyone tried making a clip system with the mpp or heiland clamp? you just need the female end from the camera. personally id prefer a holster

Agash
11-24-2008, 04:37 AM
I do medival fencing for quite a time ago. The reason why Samurais and also Knights wear their sword on the left is .... - have you ever tried to draw a 105 - 125 cm of sword from your right side ?
Yes your arm will be to short that the blade comes totally of the scabbard. Which means the diagonal draw adds some important centimeters.
So with this in mind its totally personal on which side you wear the saber because it shouldn`t have any blade.
Of course if you are using your Saber Hasoka style backwards then right should be your choice (if righthanded). All others can do what they want because with some training both sides of drawing can look swift.

I preferr right side for the saber - I can simply swing my arm from back to front and have a saber in my hand.

Donnovan Sunrider
11-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Right-handed, right side in a low holster gunslinger style so it's right under my hand.

At least it will be once I get the sabre complete and the sheath constructed. ;)

Silent_Jedi
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Personally, I think it would really depend on your style of sabercombat. Someone who fights with the blade overhanded would want to draw from the opposite hip so that they have the blade in the proper direction (unless they want to do a nice little flip in the hand first). Someone who fights 'underhanded' like Ashoka Tano would probibly draw from the same hip as their saber hand. Corse, the question is...how would a duel saber wielder draw? Double crossing or both on one hip? Just an observation. Ofcorse, Yoda just needs the force for his...there's no clip at all, just tucked into his waistband Gangsta Style!

tinfoilhelmet
11-24-2008, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie;65093]Which side do you wear your saber on, and how do you do it?
...to the left of the middle....

gundamaniac
01-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm right-handed and wear my saber to my left. I draw a little oddly...I draw with my right hand and squeeze the covertec with my thumb and pinky. I palm the saber out of the clip and give it a teeny teeny toss to reorient the saber (when I palm the saber out of the clip, i'm holding the butt of the hilt with my thumb and pinky wrapped around it. The little toss lets me shift my grip so I'm holding the hilt normally). I have no idea why this works for me...now that I type it out and have read this thread, my method of drawing sounds rather awkward to me. But it's a habit now.

Though...since we have to, irl, put a blade in the saber anyway after we draw...there's no real point in the super-elegant draw+ignition. When in costume, I have my saber blades tucked in a pocket in my robes. But even then if I want to draw my saber with its blade attached, I have to make sure the thumbscrew is loose, remove the hilt from the covertec, jam the hilt down into the blade, and draw the lightsaber out of my robes and tighten the thumbscrew. It's not really fast and elegant...

Darth Morbius
01-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Both.

I wear my sabers on each side, as I dual wield a lot. I wear them more toward the rear on the belt. I find it easier to access them that way.

chase
01-04-2009, 02:36 PM
The Jedi wore their sabers on the left side, an act being passive. Sith wear it on the right, thats why Maul's is on the right, and why Sidious' comes out of his right sleeve. Dooku, on the other hand, wears his on the left because he was a Jedi before a Sith. Usually the reason you see Jedi wearing the sabers on the right side is because of a film flip. They flip the image for one reason or another, thus saber being on a different side.

I wear mine on the left.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I use one of tims stainless steel beltclips which doesnt need an extra hand to draw, I've found it easier to wear it on my right hip so it swings free when I run, I drew one handed with my right.

Kal El Rah
01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm right handed and wear mine on the left side.

Ideal
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
after much deliberation and after reading everyone elses opinion, i decided i was more comfortable wearing it on my right side. the covertech opens up easy enough that i can use my thumb and pinky to open it and my other 3 fingers to slide the saber up and out. as someone else said, once out, i either give it a slight toss or relax my grip to let it slide into a prime dueling grip

Sethski
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm more comfortable on the right, quite frontal. and I'm a lefty.

Also, re the covertec clips - I use a small piece of black plastic to have one side held open inside the clip. I find my saber is still secure and it's a lot easier to get to just hitting the one button, which I do with my right hand. (Works fine for me, but I've not tested it much - so don't just take my word for it before doing backflips in a carpark with your saber attached or something :cool:)

Phiily Manyaan
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Get one those metal covertec belt clips in the store, they don't have buttons.

Sethski
01-15-2009, 09:41 PM
I didn't think of them. Do you have one? If so, how do you find it and how securely is a covertec hilt held compared to the original covertec belt clip?

For me, although they're versatile, I'd prefer the look of either a dedicated metal D-ring clip or covertec holder, rather than one that does both but has an extraneous feature on it.

(...heads over to store suggestions thread).

morpheus1977
01-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I wear mine in two positions (depending on the mood) I either wear it on my left side. Or I made a special rightt hip mounted holster for my saber.

gundamaniac
01-15-2009, 11:49 PM
I remember someone had a leg holster for their saber...I can't remember who. I think it was Jedi Ranger...

I thought that was a really really cool idea. I still like having my saber on my belt in robes, but if I were ever to armor up my outfit, I think I'd like to try a holster.

Novastar
01-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Ok, that's it... I'd like to:

A) See video clips of "y'all drawin' yer weh-puns"
B) See y'all do some dueling AFTER said "draws".

:)

It's true you want to "look cool" while drawing, but I think it's more important what you look like while dueling, hehehe. If we all even want to call it that.

Jedi Ranger
01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I remember someone had a leg holster for their saber...I can't remember who. I think it was Jedi Ranger...

I thought that was a really really cool idea. I still like having my saber on my belt in robes, but if I were ever to armor up my outfit, I think I'd like to try a holster.

Yup - that's me!

Fil Good
02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I have three covertech clips on my belt, one on the left, one on the right, and one towards the rear of my right hip.
The last one i have actually fixed the clip so its always "unlocked"
difficult to describe but a combination of filling and glueing the top tabs down. makes for a much quicker draw.

Swordlord
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok, that's it... I'd like to:

A) See video clips of "y'all drawin' yer weh-puns"
B) See y'all do some dueling AFTER said "draws".

:)

It's true you want to "look cool" while drawing, but I think it's more important what you look like while dueling, hehehe. If we all even want to call it that.

At the risk of offending someone, precisely how is one supposed to 'draw' one's lightsaber? This is a mythical weapon we speak of, after all. Is there canon that bespeaks the proper brandishing of one's saber? Even with all of the literature and entertainment created from/for the Star Wars universe, I hardly think anyone can say for sure that no one - in all the eons of force use in that galaxy far, far away - ever had a lightsaber in a hip-holster, in a shoulder rig, or even dangling from their extra-galactic sporran.

So, if folks are getting all martial-artsy about the proper way to wield one's mythical laser sword, I humbly feel that's a tad high-handed. This coming from someone who wears their lightsaber on the right side from a belt, and is right-handed.

Titoshi
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Jedi in the movies usually have them to their left as to draw across them bodies. That is probably as close to cannon as it gets. I think you should do what is comfortable or whichever your "good side" is if it is for photos. As a p

Tradeliphine
02-16-2009, 06:35 PM
hmm i think you took novas comment wrong swordlord

nova is one of the most fun loving / fun inspiring people here, have you watched his bday party vids?? he was just playing with us and pointing out that you had better be able to back up your fancy draw with some nice swordplay or you would be dead in a second anyways, doesnt matter if youre the fastest gun in the west, or the best trick twirler, if you cant aim worth shiat then youre dead, I believe that is what nova was trying to remind us of, no one here is telling anyone how they must do it, just sharing ideas and opinions, personally I wear mine on the right and try to force summon it like yoda, I still have yet to successfully summon it, afk practicing more

gundamaniac
02-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Actually...he was more referencing the fact that since lightsabers are fictional weapons...it's sort of silly to refine a lightsaber "draw". After all, no matter how cool your draw is, you're going to have to attach a blade and tighten the retention screw before you can actually start fighting (or in my case, pointlessly waving around a cool glowy stick thing). There's no draw-to-instant-ignite in the real world =(.

Swordlord
02-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Actually...he was more referencing the fact that since lightsabers are fictional weapons...it's sort of silly to refine a lightsaber "draw". After all, no matter how cool your draw is, you're going to have to attach a blade and tighten the retention screw before you can actually start fighting (or in my case, pointlessly waving around a cool glowy stick thing). There's no draw-to-instant-ignite in the real world =(.

Indeed. At their best, the lightsabers we build are works of art that can be used to choreograph what we've seen, read or personally imagine how a lightsaber duel or 'battle' would appear.

The middle ground is that when built sturdily and well, we can use the lightsabers in some of the same ways we'd use bokken, shinai or wasters (with the proper safety equipment -- see Novastar's post above). Lightsabers are of course more 'flashy' (pun intended) than those three. :)

At worst, someone could conceivably use them as an instrument of blunt trauma (though I'd hope not :sad:).

Making a challenge about 'draw and spar/fight' is rather ... well ... ludicrous without the benefit of special effects. ;)

Rhyen Skytracker
02-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I am left handed and I wear my saber on my left side. I can also fight with my right hand too. It is just easier for me to release it with either hand on my left side.

VeggieJedi
02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
come to think of it, where does Kyle Katarn draw his saber from in cutscenes?? (such as the cantina on Nar Shadaa) he doesn't have it on his belt! :D

You could always stuff it in the waistband like Luke in ROTJ or Yoda, looks nice and snug in there then and easy to draw.

morpheus1977
02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
come to think of it, where does Kyle Katarn draw his saber from in cutscenes?? (such as the cantina on Nar Shadaa) he doesn't have it on his belt! :D

You could always stuff it in the waistband like Luke in ROTJ or Yoda, looks nice and snug in there then and easy to draw.

He wears it on a bandolier on his back.

Sairon
02-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I wear my sabers on my left side, mostly because this is where I draw real swords.

Darth_DevilGuy
02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
depends on how it hangs for me actually, I have one that hangs emitter down which I prefer to wear on my right hip, and one that hangs emitter up which I wear left front, it comes from how I draw, I use the metal covertech clips from the show which allow a single handed draw so it comes down to how my hand naturally orients when drawing.

DragonStar
02-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Real swords don't turn on after they are drawn. :D

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
02-20-2009, 08:37 PM
I can't believe I started this thread a year and a half ago, and it's still going.

But Luxeons have a blade.

the point is, it's much more comfy and easier to reach across your waist to get your saber from your left belt side.

My problem is that I have a lot of waist to reach around. It's a whole lot easier to grab it off the right side, like a gunslinger would draw a pistol.

Darth_DevilGuy
02-21-2009, 01:26 AM
I can't believe I started this thread a year and a half ago, and it's still going.

My problem is that I have a lot of waist to reach around. It's a whole lot easier to grab it off the right side, like a gunslinger would draw a pistol.

but the way a lightsaber is made to hang doesn't take the blade into account, in a real waste drawn sword such as a saber or katana, the saber hangs in the hilt with the blade weighting it down, and the hilt itself sticks up along the line of the blade giving you a nice handle to grab the sticks right away from your wast toward your swordarm.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
02-21-2009, 03:28 PM
what is it 1 metre worth of waist?

you can allways store your saber on a carrying harness.

I was just poking a little fun at myself. A little self deprecating humor. I've gained a few pounds this winter, and have some work to do to get rid of it. However, I don't think I'm so far gone that I need to design a special harness to carry my saber.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Obi-Ben
03-16-2009, 10:14 AM
So how well do the Covertech buttons and clips (metal or otherwise) hold the hilt onto your belt? Can you safely run around at full tilt without worrying about losing your saber?

Ideal
03-16-2009, 10:34 AM
So how well do the Covertech buttons and clips (metal or otherwise) hold the hilt onto your belt? Can you safely run around at full tilt without worrying about losing your saber?

so far as ive used mine (i dont have any costumes as of yet) the covertech clips in and holds really good. i cant imagine it coming loose unless you either dont put it in all the way or you manage to press the release buttons someohow

cardcollector
03-16-2009, 11:24 AM
I second Ideal.
The clips are really sturdy. I've tried to forcibly remove mineby rolling on the ground, bumping a wall, etc... IT WON'T COME OFF!!!!:D

VeggieJedi
04-09-2009, 05:27 AM
He wears it on a bandolier on his back.

Err... He doesnt wear a bandolier dude :D
I meant in JK2, i was implying that he has it concealed somewhere the Rodians wouldn't search lol

Barmic Rin
04-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Err... He doesnt wear a bandolier dude :D
I meant in JK2, i was implying that he has it concealed somewhere the Rodians wouldn't search lol

That's just wrong......

The only thing i've found with Covertechs & running is you may have to hold the saber out of the way of your leg if it's positioned towards your front. Besides that, they're great!

obi2kenobi14
06-07-2015, 05:22 PM
yeah lefties are the sith and the righties are the jedi! :D

Miraluka
06-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Nah Luke wears it on his left, too. I do wear mine on the right side often, incorrect or not. I grab the hilt with my middle and ring finger while working the clip with my thumb and index finger. Much easier to do smoothly with my right hand, on my right side.

TheSilverDark
06-12-2015, 02:52 PM
In my opinion because of the vast amount saber fighting styles, the placement of the saber would depend on what is most ideal for that style and the quickest draw.

Starkiller would wear it on the right due to his reverse grip

Obi-wan wore on his left in accordance with Form III (drawing it across the body resulted in a standard Form III stance)

Just figure out what stance you prefer and what will get you to that stance quicker.

Version1138
06-18-2015, 10:46 PM
I'm right handed but I like to wear mine on the left side.