PDA

View Full Version : anakin fx

pieman888
09-27-2007, 06:32 AM
can you use any other conversion kit the anakin fx 2005? i dont think its possible and it wont look right but is it possible? im a bit low on moeny lol i dont have $45 and the $29 shipping fee and the $8.99 for the led and whatever.... any suggestions will be appreciated in reducing the cost in this conv :D

xwingband
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Don't use the conversion kit???

Just grab the "custom" heatsink, LED, optics and some set screws (a hardware store will probably have better ones because I think a 3/16" length one would be best).

Place the heatsink inside the guts and use the setscrews to hold it in. It works... You're stuck with the stock blade, but it's okay.

You might want to save more though, because of all the sabers I think the Anakin could use the kit the most.

pieman888
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
ok thanks that could work . ive seen the inside of my anakin fx and its not looking easy to get it out without destroying the plastic blade holder how to you get the blade out without damaging it ( making it look the same on the outside) where would the heatsink go . a drawing would be appreciated or a pic of another . thanks

could you give me a link to the bits i need to buy?

another edit how would the blade stay fixed in the hilt shurley it would wobble around?