PDA

View Full Version : want to buy cheap sound bord

pipster79
09-26-2007, 10:26 PM
anyone want to part with a early version of crystal focus cheap or a ultra sound board? if so how much? thanks

Novastar
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
I went ahead and sent you a PM, Pipster.

xwingband
09-28-2007, 06:13 AM
I wouldn't mind a V1.2 Crystal Focus if anyone has one. I don't always need multiple sound banks and a I can never have enough CF boards!

Not interested in an Ultraboard.

Enolmano
09-28-2007, 10:10 AM
And I would certainly don't minde an fx...
and FYI I also need a red lux if you got one lying around...

Hey! is it ok with Tim if we starts "sell & buy" threads?

vortextwist
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
prolly not a good idea.

xwingband
09-28-2007, 02:04 PM
No, a free for all on wanted and selling threads is not cool. I just thought I might piggyback on it. The best thing is to ask Tim if it's okay.

If Tim sells it... probably not cool. In the case of soundboards Tim doesn't have any so it's helpful because you are likely to buy parts to put that soundboard in.

valeon
09-28-2007, 05:13 PM
First off, I want to appologize to xwing and Tim for making a second thread.
I want to know if anyone would like to sell any version of crystal focus or ultrasound as well. Give me a PM asap. If you have anything else saber related I may be interested as well, this would go from full sabers, to parts, even MR related parts. Thanks much.

Barmic Rin
09-28-2007, 05:27 PM
As a temporary solution, why not rip a soundboard out of a hasbro?

The EP3 boards, weren't that bad!

And surely people would be cooler with the idea of the occasional trade of items, instead of a straight sale over the forums.

I traded 1x holo Luke MR hilt for MattB's 1x AS wheel. As Tim sells neither, that's fine, but not something i'd do often out of courtesy to Tim.

If Tim is cool with it as a sale, then that's fine.

vortextwist
09-29-2007, 07:13 AM
No, a free for all on wanted and selling threads is not cool. I just thought I might piggyback on it. The best thing is to ask Tim if it's okay.

If Tim sells it... probably not cool. In the case of soundboards Tim doesn't have any so it's helpful because you are likely to buy parts to put that soundboard in.

plus there are 2 other forums with buy and sell threads. Use those.

pipster79
09-29-2007, 02:58 PM
those hasbro boards were junk, they got the worst sounds ive herd, barely sound like a saber really, ervs boards sound awesome! i cant wait to get my hands on one, crystal focus all the way. i realy like the idea there u can costomize the sounds on it too
ive herd the ultrasound board, it sounds pretty good too, only thing i dont like about that ne u cant put other sounds on it, what u buy is what u keep, unlik the crystal focus that u can change ur sounds whenever u please

Novastar
09-29-2007, 06:00 PM
All good points... every driver style has its advantages--and price tag. But sometimes, sound is the best thing for a saber.

As I said, I'm pretty certain I can get you a v1.2 now... I've already removed it from a saber and have (nearly) replaced it in full with a v2.61.

pipster79
09-29-2007, 10:37 PM
thanks novastar, i cant wait to try it out. gonna b so much nicer havin better swings and more of them thn the 2 swing sounds the stock sound board has, and more clashes and just everything, way better then stock board.
think u will b able to ship that board next monday if i send u the cash on friday novastar?

traydemark
09-29-2007, 10:43 PM
If anyone else has one to spare, I'm looking for one too.

I wish I could just shell out 140 + shipping for the latest cf but... I'm a starving student.

Oh, and everyone look out for my first saber. Thanks to Madcow, Jonitus, and Novastar it's almost done!

valeon
09-30-2007, 12:27 AM
If any of you have another soundboard, let me know. I may be able to trade since buying is frowned upon.

Jonitus
10-01-2007, 08:44 AM
If any of you have another soundboard, let me know. I may be able to trade since buying is frowned upon.

Whatca got for trade? I have a few MR sound boards laying around the shop. If ya got something really cool (and I mean cool!), I can be persuaded to part with one of my CF 2.61 I have.

valeon
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Ok, I have Two MR sabers, one doesnt have a battery pack, and one has a few missing LEDs in the blade. Both MR sound cards work in them. The one without the battery pack, is the blue bladed anakin saber, still includes the speaker that came with it. The other one is a Darth Vader ANH that is missing a few LEDs in the blade, but otherwise is in good condition. Both of these would be great for the lux conversion, but a CF is more important to me than these hilts. Tell me what you think/which/what you want to trade for. I also have an EL sink tube saber, without a sound card.

pipster79
10-03-2007, 11:18 PM
hey valeon would u like to sell the battery pack from that anakin saber?

valeon
10-04-2007, 02:00 AM
I think you misread my post. Please give it another read through.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 04:15 AM
ooops sorry, well im sure i can make the other one work anyhow, i just need one bad, the speaker is dead in mine and every speaker ive tried sounds super quiet and crap

erv
10-04-2007, 09:01 AM
you should try my deluxe speaker or the one sold here at TCSS (premium speaker).
Erv'

pipster79
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
erv i live in canada, it costs me twice as much as ur money to buy anyting from u unfortunatly, so if ur speaker is 6 in ur money it costs me lke 12, pluss shipping, which is prob like 20 to 30 bucks, seems a bit too mch for one speaker lol

valeon
10-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Then make the order worthwile and buy a few other things from Erv, he has some really cool things in his Plecterlabs store. Check it out here.
http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/index.php

pipster79
10-04-2007, 09:36 AM
ive checked out his store but im not made of money unfortunatly, theres alot there would love to get but i just cant afford alot

xwingband
10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
erv i live in canada, it costs me twice as much as ur money to buy anyting from u unfortunatly, so if ur speaker is 6 in ur money it costs me lke 12, pluss shipping, which is prob like 20 to 30 bucks, seems a bit too mch for one speaker lol

No... the Canadian dollar is eqaul with the USD and it's about 1.4 or about there. The British Poud is double now.

You could order from Tim and it's 1 to 1. Other than the boards Tim has similar stuff and more.

LAN-ED-TUL
10-04-2007, 01:20 PM
yep, the news the other night on tv said the canadian dollar was right at the US dollar so theyre darn near equal now. so order from here will run you the same as canadian money into US money.

Angelus Lupus
10-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Personally I'm quite liking how strong the pound is right now

LAN-ED-TUL
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
yeah i know, thats why i hate to buy anything from over there, cuz it costs me double.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 04:56 PM
xwing i wasnt talking about buyin from tim i was talking about buying fom erv, would b double pretty much after conversion, is crystal focus in my money is like 144, alot for just a board oh and then shipping onto that so may as well say 200 bucks just for a board, thats alot.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 05:00 PM
oh btw, the canadian dollar is actuay up a bit on the amercan dollar :) but i would still rather have a crystal focus. i like the idea of not being locked to one sound set :)
if tims boards were cheaper id seltte for one of his, and not to mention everyone is saying on here that he has none in stock

LAN-ED-TUL
10-04-2007, 05:12 PM
DUDE!! they ARE cheaper. 79 USD. true theyre not a ERV board, but i cant afford one either. and Alex's ultrasound is a cheap alternate.

it works pretty well too, at least mine does, except for a occasional swing registering as hits sounds. but yeah, theyre gone, and Alex is gettin more, maybe within a couple months or so.

i wil get myself another one when he does to go in my new MHS hilt i just purchased here.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 05:15 PM
ya i dont really wanna wait months lol

LAN-ED-TUL
10-04-2007, 05:23 PM
you could always run a buckpuck for now and wait for the ultraboards ya know.

thats what im doing, im gonna run a buckpuck on a LV green with regular batt pack till they arrive. then get the ultra board, a 2600mah 7.2 batt pack and recharge port with a adaptor to use on my charger i already got.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 05:51 PM
this may sound dumb but whats a buckpuck?

LAN-ED-TUL
10-04-2007, 05:57 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc-939-23-buckpuck-700ma.aspx

and here:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc-938-23-buckpuck-1000ma.aspx

they drive the leds and require no resistor cuz they do the job already.

from what i hear they work really great for any standard setup with out a sound or controller board. they make use of better control of the voltage, etc... to the leds.

theres the 2 sizes and it lists what leds can benefit from each.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
oh, im not going to luxeon, i just want better sound lol

Jay-gon Jinn
10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Neither the ultrasound nor the crystal focus boards are inteded to work with a stock MR blade. You really have to convert to a luxeon to use either of them.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
dont worry bout that, i already know how im gona hook it up, im gonna use the sound board just for sound and the stock mr board just for the blade, ive already got it worked out just need a board

GFORCE13
10-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Check you local target store they had dropped the prices on all SW Stuff and the Spring Loaded LSabers were $17.00 and you could use this board I have it in a custom hilt along with Corbins Board.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
gforce u should really read back a bit, someone already mentioned that, and hasbro boards = junk, the stock mr board is way way better then one of those

valeon
10-04-2007, 10:41 PM
No offence but your a stubborn one aren't you. Kind of hard to help you if your this picky.

and no, I'm not trying to be an a-hole.

pipster79
10-04-2007, 11:35 PM
i know im stuborn, sorry, but im not going to luxeon and im not looking for help with anything like that, all im looking for is cheap sound boards and a battery pack with a good speaker, let me worry bout how to hook it up, i just want a cheap used board

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 02:29 AM
should of said that in the first post, then none of us would have brought it up and wasted our time.

pipster79
10-06-2007, 10:45 PM
anyone want to part with a early version of crystal focus cheap or a ultra sound board? if so how much? thanks

i did say so in my first post, i never said i wanted luxeon or any help, just wanted a cheap board

pipster79
10-06-2007, 10:49 PM

i did say so in my first post, i never said i wanted luxeon or any help, just wanted a cheap board

LAN-ED-TUL
10-06-2007, 10:50 PM
hasbros are the cheapest route, to go. i used a vader/Ani saber once, with some mods to the parts inside i gutted out.

worked till i shorted it out by mistake, and fried it. but it did work pretty well.

hasbro boards are the only CHEAP ones i know of.

pipster79
10-06-2007, 10:54 PM
2 people have already mentiond that, and once again ill say it, y would itake out the force fx card, to put in a crappy hasbro??? does that realy make sense? no. I was asking for a USED cheap CRYSTAL FOCUS or ULTRA SOUND baord

Lord Maul
10-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Seriously mate, calm down. You won't find a CF or a Ultraboard cheap, it's just the nature of the beast.

LAN-ED-TUL
10-07-2007, 12:01 AM
someones been drinkin too much coffee, switch to decafe man!!lol

your title says soundboards in it, and hasbro is a sound board, if you got a FX then you already have sound unless its fried.

i dont know what else to tell you cuz, you ask, we say, and you state back, that aint good enough, frankly, im tired of trying to help someone with a attitude problem,.

Barmic Rin
10-07-2007, 03:14 AM
I suggested a hasbro as a stop-over until erv or ultra got their board back in, not as a permanent solution!

As maul said, you won't get a 'used' CF or Ultra. They're just too good to sell on!

If you want a better one than a hasbro, try getting a MR off of ebay.
Or wait until Erv gets more back in stock.
Patience.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I suggested a hasbro as a stop-over until erv or ultra got their board back in, not as a permanent solution!

That's what I'm doing right now. I'm working on a new saber, and would like to put in a CF or Ultra, but I can't afford to buy the parts from Tim, and a sound board all at once. I actually went to Wally World and bought a brand new Hasbro just to rip the guts out of it. It's not a great board, relatively speaking, but it's better than a mute saber.

When I can afford better, I'll get it. (Provided my better half lets me spend the money. :wink: )

LAN-ED-TUL
10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
now theres a person who understands. nice goin Obi!!

pipster79
10-07-2007, 05:54 PM
k since u dont read all the posts, ill say it again, my mr fx card works just fine, it would b stupid to take it out and put in a hasbro one would it not??? i want better sounds, thats y i want a cf or a ultra, but i dont want to buy a new cf cuz i live in canada and would cost me 140 in my money and shipping onto that, lil too much for a sound card, and i dont wanna pay 100 for a ultra board when its not customizable, and ive watched reviews on it as well and i dont like how it clashes half the time when ur just swinging, was hoppin someone wuld have like a used older version of one of the boards that may have been upgrading theres and want to sell the old ones.
do u understand now where im comming from?

Lord Maul
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I would if you actually typed legibly.

pipster79
10-07-2007, 06:41 PM
u got nothirng better to do then to throw out insults? i really dont c how its not legible. i didnt post here to insult people or b insulted, i was just hoping someone would have a used board that they might wanna sell cheap, thats it, instead i get people not bothering to read the origonal post, or insulting me for them not reading further back, or people just insulting for the fun of it.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Dude, don't get your knickers in a knot. We Canadians are supposed to be laid back. I think everyone understands you.

You have an FX. You are looking to upgrade to a CF board, and an Ultra isn't good enough for you. You can't afford a new CF so you are looking for a used one. We've got it.

Unfortunately, unless you are lucky enough find someone who wants to part with one, you are S.O.L. Be happy with what you have. There are people in the world that could eat for 6 months for what that saber cost you.

Barmic Rin simply stated that a Hasbro is a good temporary stepping stone if you have no sound board, until you can afford to get something better. I just responded that I am doing just that.

As for me, I'm going to be doing some extra work and selling some stuff on eBay to fund my lightsaber habit. Look around and see if you have anything to sell. If all else fails, grab a rake and go knocking on doors. I used to get $20 to rake a decent sized yard. Put in a few evenings raking, and you'll have your CF.

xwingband
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh calm down...

People like to suggest stuff no matter what. Maybe they did read what you said maybe they didn't.

Also recognize when all you have is your written word it's in your best interest to make it understandable to all.

Lord Maul
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
If you want somebody to help you, it helps if they can read what you are writing. I have read the thread, and know that you only want a ultraboard or a crystal focus board. You WILL NOT get one of these cheaper than $80. For a Crystal Focus you're looking at a hundred bucks for the V1.2 boards, and $140 for the V2.61 boards. The ultraboards won't go down in price until the next run is made, if even then. I am not insulting you, I am just trying to tell you like it is.

EDIT - Wow, two people beat me to the draw :shock:

pipster79
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
i could deal with 100 bucks for a v1.2, and thats all i was asking, was if somone had one that they would part with

LAN-ED-TUL
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
dont think that he meant 100for used, thats new i think, cant be sure tho.

and as the other guys said, unless by some stroke of major luck, someone has one theyd let go for that low amount of money, then your SOL.

IMO, youd be better off settling for
what you got in the MR board, till a new run of Ultra, or Erv's boards are available.

drakeion2
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
ive seen name of sound board like ultra & cf but not were to get it & belive me there should be a place too get those
right now i have one with luxeon & the dark vader sping sound bord
its not bad but next time i might get the 80 dollars one of the custum shop

unless i find other place to get one that do the same thing for a little bit less or even just the sound not the led in it the bord ,, & un top of that i had to figure it out by myself cause i didnt find no pick to see how to do it i did it by error with a little led not the lux led for not breaking it that the way to do man trial & error
i get fair amount of sound with this board but i think with tims one it will be better & easier to hook it up

Hasid Lafre
10-25-2007, 06:17 PM
You would be hard pressed to find an ultrasound board.
Ervs you buy from his site.

Tekka
11-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I was wondering where would I go to purchase a MR or FX soundboard? I really want an Ultraboard but they are next to impossible to get and my low funds don't help either. Im just desperate for any sound right about now...

Barmic Rin
11-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Ebay.

Please don't post a topic on here to see anyone has one for sale, Tim doesn't like people doing that. PM to see if he has any in his spares drawer, it's worth a shot.

Ghostbat
11-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I was wondering where would I go to purchase a MR or FX soundboard? I really want an Ultraboard but they are next to impossible to get and my low funds don't help either. Im just desperate for any sound right about now...

If you can wait a few days I'll post my teardown of the new FX saber and you can decide if it's worth the cost for the sound board. At the very least I suspect we will see a flood of these things on ebay after the holidays.

Novastar
11-04-2007, 11:21 PM
This is an excellent point, Ghost!

I look forward to it.

Although... as for ME... I have lightsabers coming out of my EARS now that BOP III is rolling forward, lol.

ArkaiHalon
11-04-2007, 11:54 PM
I have lightsabers coming out of my EARS

I don't care who ya are. That's gotta hurt.

erv
11-08-2007, 04:13 AM
just in case, taking the opportunity of this topic,
I have an hasbro vader board to sell, with speaker. I'm cleaning and selling out the tons of spare parts I've collected in 2 years for experimenting. PM me if interested.
Erv'

Ghostbat
11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
This is an excellent point, Ghost!

I look forward to it.

Although... as for ME... I have lightsabers coming out of my EARS now that BOP III is rolling forward, lol.

Teardown here: http://thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3670&start=30

Delmustator
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm working on a FX Vader ESB upgrade to to Luxeon 3/CF v3.0. So I may have the FX soundboard available when I'm done. My son can't decide if he want it for a new Sith saber or not.

I'll post more when I get closer to completion.

Vazan Maceu
11-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Hello ppl

Since I haven´t found them elsewhere, I´d like to ask if anybody has a couple of spare mr boards available. I´ve tried to find broken mrfx´s with salvageable ones, but had no luck until now... Feel free to PM if you have some.

Thanks in advance :)

pipster79
11-25-2007, 01:24 AM
well my cf v1.2 is in my graflex, but i want better lol. if anyone has a v2 and up board they would like to sell please pm me, will pay reasonable price.
thanks