PDA

View Full Version : The Hutchison Effect

Tenric Starkindler
09-24-2007, 07:01 PM
true anti-grav, something else, or hoax?
crackpot or revolutionary?

based off work of Tesla......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutchison_effect

http://www.americanantigravity.com/hutchison.html

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/8863/HEffect1.html

http://www.hutchisoneffect.ca/Videos.html

Discuss......

987654321a
09-24-2007, 08:51 PM
i would give this another 100 to 200 years before this becomes common technology.

TimeRender
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I shake my head in disbelief of how gullible some people can be... OF COURSE it's a hoax!

Bescherman
09-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Did you realise, that the word "gullible" isn't actually in the English Dictionary???

( :wink: )

Hasid Lafre
09-26-2007, 05:04 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

Hasid Lafre
09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

Angelus Lupus
09-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I can't believe you fell for that :shock:

TimeRender
09-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Hahaha! I've never heard that joke before Bescherman. I'll have to remember that sometime.

987654321a
09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
All ill say is antigravity is real folks, but dont think they are levitating cars right now. ( well maybe the military is ) but you need many complicated items that work with high voltages. right now its impossible to implement this into our daily lives until they perfect it.

Angelus Lupus
09-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Hahaha! I've never heard that joke before Bescherman. I'll have to remember that sometime.
Really? Must be a UK thing, it did the rounds many times during my school days.

TimeRender
09-27-2007, 08:28 AM
No 9876, it isn't real. You are just plain wrong.

xwingband
09-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Season 2 Ep 2

Watch it

http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/1/61

Hasid Lafre
09-27-2007, 10:24 AM
What did I fall for?

Angelus Lupus
09-27-2007, 10:29 AM
What did I fall for?
You're kidding, right?

Hasid Lafre
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Well it would help if I knew what you were talking about.

Is it a uk type joke?

Angelus Lupus
09-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Let me explain it simply:
Bescherman said "gullible" wasn't in the dictionary
You believed him
You went to look
Therefore you are...?

Or to put it another way

Gullible (n): Hasid Lafre

987654321a
09-27-2007, 04:19 PM

Actually If you ever watch the history channel they did a little show on this stuff. Anti-Grav is real, except its very dangerouse they worked with high voltage. Not only that but its not practical for everyday use they barely levitated aluminum foil. However this isnt something everyone can just go out and make.

Hasid Lafre
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Ok I see.

Meh oh well, I pulled a j-lo moment of getting to the dictionary.

TimeRender
09-27-2007, 07:16 PM
No 9876, I will say it again, anti-gravity is NOT real. You are mistaken. No amount of electricity can change the laws of gravity. I don't care how high the voltage is. I don't believe that you saw something on the History channel, but if you did and they claimed that anti-gravity was real, they too were mistaken.

xwingband
09-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Actually If you ever watch the history channel they did a little show on this stuff. Anti-Grav is real, except its very dangerouse they worked with high voltage. Not only that but its not practical for everyday use they barely levitated aluminum foil. However this isnt something everyone can just go out and make.

lol... if you watched the episode I told you to you'd know better.

Mythbusters investigated that a while ago. Using the high voltage they were ionizing the air and were actually vibrating the metal to create a wind. They repeated the experiment in a vacuum (no air) and it didn't work.

So... it's crackpot science. Tesla was a genius, but had a few great ideas in between a lot of crackpot ones.

Tenric Starkindler
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
from what little I saw (on a cable show and the 'net) the effect involves not just Electricity but magnetism and and a bunch of other equipment.
There is even another site claiming the discovery was made because Hutchison borrowed the equipment (and some brain power) from another Physicist.....

Given some of the recent findings in the quantum world and that Casimir force thing circulating recently there might be something to it.

Also the show claims the government first said they weren't interested then showed up and impounded the whole thing.....wish I could remember the show...it was real late one night........
anyway an interesting possibility....

TimeRender
09-28-2007, 05:16 PM
No... No no no no no no no no no. No! NO!!! Listen very carefully, for I shall say this only one more time... Anti-gravity does not exist. There is no government cover-up. No amount of electricity OR magnetism can unwrite one of the most fundamental laws of physics. If it did exist, which it doesn't, either everyone would know about it because these scientists would be making appearances on Nova, Mythbusters, and Oprah Winfrey, or NOBODY would know about it because the government would have offered them billion dollar defense contracts to keep their mouths shut. Think about it... if they really wanted to keep this a secret would they LET these crackpots post their supposed "results" on the internet? No. No no no no no no no. There is NO anti-gravity, and there very likely NEVER WILL BE!

987654321a
09-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Usually when its posted on the internet its fake. When I saw with my own two eyes, on a TV channel more popular than MTV, someone with a high voltage device levitating a foil object, then I have all the reason to believe that it is real. nobody said that the government is covering anything up. Even if they do things like this there is no way that any other country can duplicate the results. Anways. Now its my turn, I say this NOT for the last time, Anti-Grav is real. Levitation is a phony term magicians use.

TimeRender
09-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Ah, now I know what you're talking about 9876. That device isn't anti-grav. It DOES work, but it is THRUST. Thrust is the same thing that lifts airplanes and helicopters. Xwing was right, you need to watch that episode of mythbusters because they build that very machine and they do in fact make it work. IT IS NOT ANTI-GRAVITY. And yes 9876, someone DID say the government was covering it up. Tenric did. Just a little while ago in fact.

987654321a
09-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I said levitation is fake. Anti-Grav is very much real. It is just the process of neutralizing the gravity so you can make an object float. It is like when you pour nitrogen over a magnet and put another magnet over it. It is considered anti-gravity.

xwingband
09-28-2007, 07:02 PM
It is just the process of neutralizing the gravity so you can make an object float.

Yes, I agree. This however:

It is like when you pour nitrogen over a magnet and put another magnet over it. It is considered anti-gravity.

Not anti-gravitiy. Magnets alter magnetic fields... they RESIST gravity, but do not negate it.

Watch the mythbusters episode. Like I already said they did the foil device. The high voltage is causing the wire to vibrate because of ionized air. This makes thrust... which makes the device float. Gravity still is in effect though.

987654321a
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
X, I dont mean that there is antigravity such that makes it so that you can do aerial manouvers like a UFO, Im just saying that they call it anti-Gravity because its a more appealing name. Well I really wasnt so sure about the magnet thing when i posted it.

987654321a
09-28-2007, 07:16 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=94KzmB2bI7s

thought you guys might find that interesting

LAN-ED-TUL
09-28-2007, 10:59 PM
tell it to the area 51 guys with the ufo hidden away and all those special secret aitcraft they have.

FI, the blackbird, we never knew of it till they let us know bout it, and it had been in service for quite some time as a special high altitude survellience aircraft.

the closet we could ever come to anti-gravity, is the magnetism theories.

repelling fields stuff. so there is some things the Gov. hides for good reasons, and not so good reasons. in some cases, just cus we cant see it, or prove it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist on some form or level.

TimeRender
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Look 9876, you can't go using a technical term like anti-gravity to describe something like thrust just because you think it sounds better. Also, if you would like to use the word anti-gravity to describe thrust and lift, then you are very wrong to suggest that it is a technology that won't be common for a few hundred more years, since flying machines that use these principals have been around since the Wright brothers. Real Anti-gravity, which is what this ENTIRE TOPIC is about, does not exist.

Tenric Starkindler
09-30-2007, 11:39 AM
true anti-grav, something else, or hoax?
crackpot or revolutionary?

My intention was to open a discussion of the possible cause of the effect (which has been documented) not start a "he said/ she said" argument.

Whether you call it ant-gravity or not the effect is what would be useful....

Oh, the show was "Beyond Invention" on the Science Channel......

987654321a
09-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Look 9876, you can't go using a technical term like anti-gravity to describe something like thrust just because you think it sounds better. Also, if you would like to use the word anti-gravity to describe thrust and lift, then you are very wrong to suggest that it is a technology that won't be common for a few hundred more years, since flying machines that use these principals have been around since the Wright brothers. Real Anti-gravity, which is what this ENTIRE TOPIC is about, does not exist.

I never talked about thrust. If you find anywhere in here where i talked about thrust then please tell me because i guess im going crazy.

Ill say this one last time, and ill quote myself

anti-gravity is the process of neutralizing gravity.

From now on instead of just saying "Anti-grav isnt real" back it up with evidence. I am using scientific evidence that was actually tested.

Jedi-Loreen
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
You might not have used the word "thrust", but it was still what you were talking about. That is not neutralizing gravity, it is just overcoming it.

987654321a
09-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Seriously, I am done with this. If you dont have any evidence proving what you say then i just think of it as crap.

Hasid Lafre
09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I agree CD.

TimeRender
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
We do have evidence but you have ignored it. The device that you mention, which uses high voltages of electricity through metal foil, IS an example of thrust. You can see for yourself by watching the video that Xwing provided. You are NOT using tested scientific evidence. I have yet to hear you cite one source of evidence except for some show that you don't even remember the name of. We can't hardly validate your claims based on that. As for the information that Tenric provided in the first post, it IS all a hoax, and NONE of those claims have been verified. If you need further proof that anti-gravity does not exist, look at the NASA website, or wikipedia, or a physics textbook. NOTHING yet discovered has EVER canceled out the effects of gravity. The only thing that POSSIBLY could would be matter that has negative mass, which DOES NOT EXIST. Even anti-matter has positive mass. Now children, before you go embarrassing yourselves any more, I suggest you go get your facts straight and come back with something a little more definitive.

Jedi-Loreen
10-01-2007, 06:19 PM
The burden of evidence is really on you CountDown, to prove that "antigravity" exists.

987654321a
10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
well the jokes on you. haha. ive been messin with you guys the whole time. I mean seriously...anti-gravity has been mentioned since a hundred years ago. we have not been able to achieve that.

TimeRender
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Forgive me if I don't believe you.

Jedi-Loreen
10-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering if he changed his tune, just because he realized he couldn't prove it. :roll:

Hasid Lafre
10-02-2007, 11:25 AM
But you guys never proved that anti grav dosent exist. the only thing you didpelled was the voltage thru foil.

xwingband
10-02-2007, 11:57 AM
But you guys never proved that anti grav dosent exist. the only thing you didpelled was the voltage thru foil.

He said that experiment was proof... we showed it is not.

Ergo... it doesn't exist as he is proposing it.

If you want to go down the line of "Just because we don't have proof doesn't mean it doesn't exist line." Guess what??? You just used the same argument people use to back religion when they have nothing but they're own convictions.

It's a circular argument. If we are just talking supposes... I suppose someday we will make real lightsabers or that JLo will stop correcting grammar someday. :P

Jedi-Loreen
10-02-2007, 12:21 PM
:?

xwingband
10-02-2007, 12:30 PM
:?

haha, it's more a jab at those that get annoyed by it, like Hasid. It doesn't bother me.

987654321a
10-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering if he changed his tune, just because he realized he couldn't prove it. :roll:

haha, well i decided since this was not going to end, that i should end it in an ironic sort of way. it wasnt really a joke.

Hasid Lafre
10-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I watched that epasode of MB where they did there anit grave thing but theres many ideas out there.

And what does this have to do with religion?

Thats one exparament out of how many?

This topic is about that one experiment. where there are thousands that havent been dispelled and thats what Iam talking about.

You cant say anti grav dosent exist cause have you tryed all the different exparaments?

But whatever. one track minds on one subject when theres thousands of other subjects on it and you say it dosent exist cause of one exparament.

xwingband
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
All of them can be debunked... it doesn't exist!

A thousand wrong demonstrations prove nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gravity

Read that... no where is there anything that can be proven. Mostly it's a lot of unsubstantiated BS. Use your head a little man...

Novastar
10-02-2007, 11:36 PM
This topic should be in miscellaneous... not new tech.

Also... I... um... kinda wish it would just die. hehehe

Firebird21
10-03-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_munching.gif

Ambo
10-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Did someone say REAL lightsabers?.....who makes em....can you show me how to make em?........Muahahahahahaha

http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/pictures/ThreadHijack/thread_direction.gif

What up guys/gals.......LTNS

987654321a
10-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Yea i really wasnt joking around. I was just done with this topic.

Novastar
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
<--- decides to start talking about BOP III rehearsals... (!)

Just kidding.

parkejeff
05-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Ah, now I know what you're talking about 9876. That device isn't anti-grav. It DOES work, but it is THRUST. Thrust is the same thing that lifts airplanes and helicopters. Xwing was right, you need to watch that episode of mythbusters because they build that very machine and they do in fact make it work. IT IS NOT ANTI-GRAVITY. And yes 9876, someone DID say the government was covering it up. Tenric did. Just a little while ago in fact.

I know this post is dead, but I felt compeled to correct his statement. When it comes to aeronautics Thrust is not the opposing force to gravity, it is Lift. Thrust is the opposing force to Drag.