PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy Starwars.

virus692
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Family Guy is doing star wars... and it is on NOW...
FOX. 9Pm 8Pm CNT.

Jetsi
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Got another hour before it is on here, but I look forward to watching Blue Harvest :P .

WeirdoTransvestite
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Didn't take long for 2 threads to be made...

Also, it's about time. I've been waiting for months.

vortextwist
09-23-2007, 07:15 PM
it was pretty awsome, I laughed through most of it.

Jetsi
09-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Combined two of my favorite movies, Star Wars and Airplane. Hilarious!

Hasid Lafre
09-24-2007, 08:52 AM
It was ok, I prolly would of enjoyed it more if I wasent tired as hell.

WeirdoTransvestite
09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Combined two of my favorite movies, Star Wars and Airplane. Hilarious!

And Leia's getting Laaaaaaaaaaarrrgerrrr!

37H4N
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
I saw it on you tube about two months ago. :lol: *sigh* Gotta love the sneaky cameras!

WeirdoTransvestite
09-24-2007, 05:24 PM
If it's the same vid I'm thinking about, you saw 10 minutes of an hour show.

GFORCE13
09-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Just in case anybody missed it or you just want to see it again:http://tv-links.co.uk/listings/2/143 :wink:
Just Click on Blue Harvest (S6)

gundamaniac
09-25-2007, 09:21 AM
I was so ticked on Sunday...at about 10, I thought, hey....the starwars special is tonight....then I rushed over to check the listings and it was long over already :evil:

But thank the Force for bittorrent...That was an awesome episode :D . I've been dying to see this since the sneak preview at the con.

Jedi-Loreen
09-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I just wish they didn't have a pedophile as one of the main characters in this. :?

I know this character is in a lot of the regular shows, but the fact that they chose him to portray the venerable Obi-Wan character bothers and disturbs me.

And don't tell me to lighten up. If you've ever been the victim of such a person, you wouldn't think that character is so funny. :x

gundamaniac
09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Eh, Herbert is sort of one of those characters I ignore when he comes on screen. I do have to say though, I liked his lightsaber fight with Stewie.

As a side note...am I the only one who noticed that the stormtrooper armor they drew had symmetrical knee-caps?...and that all the lightsabers in the episode are graflex?...and that in the scene where the stormtroopers start firing on the Falcon (with vader behind the blast door...the scene where, prior to the DVD version, vader had an uncolored blade), vader had a blue blade?

Minor points, but I thought the graflex point and the miscolored blade would draw some interest or attention from members of a saber forum :D

Hasid Lafre
09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Its susposed to be a parady not a accurate funny show.

gundamaniac
09-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I know, I know, but I've gotta be uber-dork :D

The graflexes were probably out of laziness to do the other sabers, the troopers were probably just simplified. But I'd like to think that the blue vader saber isn't so much of a gaff as it is an homage to the original where ILM completely missed the saber's effects in that shot. But maybe that's just the uber-dork in me speaking again...

Lord Maul
09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
[size=16]I just wish they didn't have a pedophile as one of the main characters in this. :?

I know this character is in a lot of the regular shows, but the fact that they chose him to portray the venerable Obi-Wan character bothers and disturbs me.

I loved Herbert being Obi Wan. He was so funny, especially in his fight with Stewie. My God, I nearly rolled off the couch I was laughing so hard when his lightsaber straightened up.

Treadingwolf
09-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Is it just me or did it seem like they used scenes from the actual movie and animated over them? Alot of the take off landing scenes with the falcon looked very close to the actual movie. (shrugs)

gundamaniac
09-25-2007, 08:40 PM
As did the fighters attacking the death star, and the star destroyers and rebel blockade runner in the opening. It's not just you. I think they did just animate over the scenes...after all, it looks like they used explosions from the movies too. (anyone else notice the lack of praxis ring around Alderaan and the Death Star when they exploded? Hoorah for the originals!)

Lord Maul
09-25-2007, 09:22 PM
I think that they did indeed take the original film cuts, and then simply animated over them in the parts you guys mentioned. Anyone notice that the explosions weren't animated at all?

gundamaniac
09-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Yep. Hence my remark about the lack of Praxis rings...if they did take scenes, they took em from the original versions of the film, before the Ultimate DVD version.

WeirdoTransvestite
09-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Forgive my squirrelly ignorance but, Praxis rings? I mean, I know what they are, but why Praxis?

gundamaniac
09-25-2007, 09:55 PM
"The expanding equatorial ring explosion effect was used originally in the explosion of Praxis in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and became known as the "Praxis Effect". It was later added to the special editions of ANH and RotJ Death Star explosions, to some criticism and controversy."

from Wookiepedia.

I actually didn't know why it was called Praxis until just now...I've just heard it called that every time someone references the rings during the explosions.

Barmic Rin
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
That whole episode was a thing of beauty! They couldn't have done a better job!!!

True, I think they should have chosen someone other than Herbert to be Obi-wan, but who would they use otherwise? THere's not alot of options, though the camp guy would have worked, but he was a great Greedo!!!

Fave bits:

Han making the music in the turret with his mouth.

"Okay, thanks everybody. We'll be here all night, taking requests. {play the same song again!} Okay, here we go!"

The couch.

gundamaniac
09-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Can't forget- Uh...didn't robot chicken do this like 3 months ago?

Look sir, a penny!!!

valeon
09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I can't believe that they covered almost EVERYthing from the movie. I thought it was hilarious.

Nightwing
09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I think that they did indeed take the original film cuts, and then simply animated over them in the parts you guys mentioned.No, they were original CG models. The X-wings in particular looked WAY off.

I sorta wish they hadn't gone for the offensive-just-to-be-offensive jokes. The Bush/Cheney bumper sticker, Peter's alteration of "don't get ****y", etc.

My fav parts:

Chris: "Why are they called TIE fighters?"
*cut to Asian pilot with a Taiwanese headband inside the TIE*

The radio show.

Lois: Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?
Chris: Fine; stay here and rot, ya stuck-up b****.