PDA

View Full Version : Luke ANH disassembly?

Kurosawa
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Has anyone here taken apart their Luke ANH lightsaber yet? IF so, please post pics or maybe a link to where someone has posted a tutorial on how to do so. Thanks

xwingband
09-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I haven't seen one and given the supply troubles I'm not sure we'll see one too soon.

gman666
10-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I should have one on the way shortly but from what I have heard I might not like it. It seems like they pulled a switch going with different materials than the first wave. The Anakin hilt I got from vortextwist is way heavier than my stock Anakin FX. This is just the hilt itself with guts removed (turning it into a Vader ROTJ). I will keep the Luke ANH for my collection but will be getting another Anakin to convert into a Luke ANH/ESB. When you guys get yours let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Greg

xwingband
10-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Are we talking the Anakin ROTS? Yeah, it's well known they switched some construction. It was made for a few years and the first ones had more plastic. Later ones had more metal and were slightly heavier.

gman666
10-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah I am talking about the ROTS. From reviews of those who got the first wave Luke ANH, the hilt was heavy. Reviews of the recent wave are that they are light. Looks like they did opposite of the ROTS.

Thanks!

Greg

gman666
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok while it has it's flaws I want to convert mine. I see that Ultra has converted 4 and have them for sale. I wonder if Tim is far behind. I love Tim's conversion kits and cannot wait.

Thanks!

Greg

xwingband
10-18-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure Tim wants to bother at all with conversion kits now that MR is going out... He already said he doesn't want to stock ones that are out now... so it doesn't look likely.

gman666
10-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know if the Anakin ROTS kit from the store will fit a Luke ANH?

Thanks!

Greg

Kurosawa
10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm not too sure it will. The thing is, the luke seems to be slightly smaller than the Anakin, and the bigger problem will be that the anakin conversion kit has that emitter part that sticks out from the main tube, and thus the emitter ring of the luke ANH will get in the way.

Hasid Lafre
10-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Maybe if you could send your hilt to tim he might make a one off for ya.

gman666
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
The emitter ring on the ANH is just plastic and not connected to the bunny ears or the hit. The Luke ESB had an emitter ring like a graflex. The bunny ears are "riveted" on like the Anakin ROTS. Where the ROTS have 2 "rivets" the ANH only has one. The reason I think it might work is that The ANH appears to use the same stamping tooling as the ROTS. That is why it has the large button hole. If it would work it would eliminate any special machining. You may have to sand the diameter down to fit but that should be it. I have not seen that anyone has torn one down. Well except Ultra who has already converted some to LED. I love the solid feel from my Anakin.

Thanks!

Greg