PDA

View Full Version : safety caps

xwingband
09-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Just on a lark I was cruising my favorite section of Lowes with all the pull out bins looking for something else.

I found a part I've used before and picked it up as an option for my intended use. When I got home I found another great use though. Safety caps! Maybe for kids or to prevent silly convention goers from blinding themselves while playing with your saber.

Here's what I was looking at:
http://www.handykenlin.com/handy/NewFiles/nylon%20hole.jpg

The right size chrome cap like Tim sells for sink tubes would work well too. What I like is they're aesthetically low profile and not super easy to get off.

Anyone else want to share what they've done in this vein? Like crystal caps maybe?

LAN-ED-TUL
09-23-2007, 03:20 PM
i make my own plugs for my sabers when blades not inserted.

for a graflex, i use a 1 inch dowel rod cut to length with a rod stuck in the end to emmulate a real core piece. i slip it in and tighten up the thumbscrew and its held in place, no accidental flashin in the eyes.

i also make the same thing for the heilands. i rip out the cone shaped part, a dowel rod with ahole drilled in a end, filled with epoxy, then shove the metal rod lower portion of the cone in. once set up, the same as a graflex, slip it in, tighten up screw, and no flshy flashy in your eyes, ans a plus is with these core plugs i make, when blad is out and plug inseerted, it looks liek the belt hanger prop, it fools alot of people, especially when i pop out the plug and pop in the blade and fire them off.