PDA

View Full Version : Not powering up

darthrumph
01-27-2006, 04:02 PM
I bought a lightsaber off of ebay the Anakin with the blue blade the problem is that it does not turn on is there a way to trouble shoot the reason why it doesn't has anyone had the same problem with theirs any help would be greatly apprieciated thank you

"The probability of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approxamitly 3,720 to 1"...C3PO - ANH

Juice214
01-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Just a guess but it sounds like a bad switch to me.

xwingband
01-27-2006, 05:58 PM
The switch is a possibility. I'd also look first to see if it's bad battery contact (a somewhat common priblem). That's a heck of a lot simpler to check and you'd feel pretty dumb fiddling around with it only to find out the batteries were the problem.[B)]

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

LAN-ED-TUL
01-27-2006, 08:55 PM
yeah, kinda sounds like a bad switch to me too.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Darth Frieds
01-27-2006, 10:04 PM
if you havent done any conversion on that saber then i suggest you email master replicas and tell them about your problem, they'll offer to send you a replacement, no questions asked. at least thats how it was for me. i told them that the gold button on mine was scratched up and they offered to replace it. once i recieve it i'm just gonna switch the gold button heads and send back the new saber because my anakin fx is already converted to a Luxeon.

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

darthrumph
01-30-2006, 05:47 PM
well concidering that I bought it on ebay that won't be possible, but I don't think it is the switch because I took the switch appart and tried to turn it on but it still did not work

"The probability of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approxamitly 3,720 to 1"...C3PO - ANH

LAN-ED-TUL
01-31-2006, 01:27 AM
if you took the switch apart, then that might be it. i read someplace on here that the switch is not made to be taken apart, it will not function right when put back together. so the switch still coulda been bad to start with.

Darth Frieds
01-31-2006, 02:18 PM
I bought mine from ultra on ebay also. just send masterreplicas an email and tell them your problem. They won't ask for a reciept or where you bought it from. Don't tell them you bought it on ebay, just a precuation. I got my replacement saber the other day. I'm not even being charged for shipping.

darthrumph
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
wow thank you, I contacted MR and they are going to send me a new saber, which is cool seeing as I only paid 15 dollars for it on ebay [:)]

Darth Frieds
02-04-2006, 11:24 PM
You paid only 15 bucks, YOU BASTARD!!! i paid 200 for mine. I shoulda just kept the replacement saber i got but i don't know if Master Replicas would have came after me with a bill if i hadn't sent it back. all i needed it for was to switch the gold buttons. but hey, you really lucked out on this one. enjoy it.

LAN-ED-TUL
02-05-2006, 04:36 AM
15 bucks, man someone was watchin out for you dude!!!

suit_man
02-05-2006, 08:36 AM
master replicas will replace your saber if it is broken? so if you get a saber broken leds in the blade, you could just e-mail them and trade it for a new one?

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Darth Frieds
02-05-2006, 10:33 AM
in their words, "an way that shows the saber is deffective". To be on the safe side, never tell them that you caused the defection or that you bought it on ebay or something like that.

suit_man
02-05-2006, 10:42 AM
wow, that is great. how long does it take to get the replacement saber?

Darth Frieds
02-05-2006, 11:24 AM
for me, it was less than a week

Darth Frieds
02-05-2006, 11:25 AM
but if you have broken LED's in the blade, why not just convert it to a Luxeon?

suit_man
02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
i want a working blade because i am making a force fx saber that is interchangable between the stock blade and luxeon. i love the extend retract, but i want to be able to have worry-free fights too. i will show some pictures of it once i finish. i am hoping that i will be able to sell a few of them, and then i will go into full detail of my conversion, if anyone would like to hear it.

Protein5000
02-05-2006, 05:11 PM
I got one for my brother and he was sooo happy. He swung it around a bit and one LED went out. I don't wanna convert that one so I e-mailed MR. Hopefully I'll have the same luck.

Darth Frieds
02-05-2006, 06:05 PM
the way I see it, If your brother wants this saber as a toy to play with hit things with, the way children love to do; he's gonna break the LED's again, its inevidable. I'm just throwing this out there as a suggestions that maybe converting to a luxeon is the best way to go.

Protein5000
02-05-2006, 10:09 PM
My brother is 23, so he want's it as kind of a "I finally got a Lightsaber" kind of thing, not to hit it around. And I don't wanna convert it incase I stuff it up. I wanna convert 2 Anakin's for proper dueling but the Vader is just for display.

Darth Frieds
02-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I see, well then exchange away, you'll be glad you did.

Protein5000
02-06-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm glad you told us about this [;)], hope it works for me too!

darthrumph
02-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Yes they MR said that they have already sent the replacement to me, do you know what they require to send back to them?

Protein5000
02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
I emailed them and they are sending me a new one. Didn't say anything about sending anything to them.

I reckon they just send new ones because it's cheaper than getting their techy's to inspect for faults and repair them.

Darth Frieds
02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
They emailed me a prepaid return shipping label. If they didn't ask you to send them the defective saber back, be thankful and find something to do with it

darthrumph
02-08-2006, 12:47 PM
really? they didn't ask for the old saber back that could be cool, if they don't maybe I can try and convert it.

Protein5000
02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Darththrump,

When yuo sent you address, did they reply and say they have sent it?

darthrumph
02-08-2006, 08:17 PM
yes and I got a tracking # so I can see when it will come, I should get it tomorrow, but they said that they would e-mail me with a return shipping label and I never got one, I tried to tell them that and as of yet I have got no reply back on it.[:)]

Darth Frieds
02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
it usually takes them at least two days to respond to an email. And I thought I was slow at reading LOL.

GrimaOllak
02-09-2006, 09:23 AM
So... let me get this straight...

MR is sending folks replacement sabers, no questions asked? What exactly is stopping people who don't have a saber at all from emailing them, pretending to have a broken saber, and getting a new one free of charge?

Hmmm... suddenly I feel the pull of the dark side.... No, I must remain vigilant. But... it's an MR.... NO!

darthrumph
02-09-2006, 09:34 AM
-LMFAO-[:)]I guess so, sounds tempting huh?

Darth Frieds
02-09-2006, 09:36 AM
The fact that MR asks you to send them the defective saber in exchange for the new one. whether or not you wanna try and scam a free saber out of them, you do at your own risk. They may send you a bill. Look at the rest of the posts and see what the other guys have to say.

scaarmor
02-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Well, I just sent an e-mail to MR about my defective Anikin, so we'll see what they say. I will keep everyone posted on what thier process is (like the others on this thread) for those who wish to do the same.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

GrimaOllak
02-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Hahaha, I was just kidding, though. I have no desire to have an MR, not since I can create my own lightsaber design. Much more fun and creative, in my opinion.

Plus, morally, I couldn't do it. The guilt that would come from it would be a little too much to handle.

scaarmor
02-11-2006, 05:15 AM
Well, I said I would keep this thread updated with MR's return of my Anakin fx for those who care. I just recieved word from MR's customer service, they wanted my shipping address to deal with getting me a replacement and asked that I give them till Tue. to get it started. However, they said nothing about shipping costs (if any) nor did they mention if I had to return the old one or not...

Will post new info when I have it. Mainly so that others with screwed up fx's know what to expect when dealing with MR and thier return policy.

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

darthrumph
02-11-2006, 07:23 PM
well I recieved my replacement saber it's brand newand I am very happy they said that they would email me with return label but nothing still if they don't send it to me I will just keep the old one.

darthrumph
02-11-2006, 07:25 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by darthrumph

well I recieved my replacement saber it's brand newand I am very happy they said that they would email me with return label but nothing still if they don't send it to me I will just keep the old one. especially since I just found out the reason it didn't power on was something with the battery pack, I switched the new one into the ole one and it went on, my luck huh?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Protein5000
02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Just got my replacement saber this morning!!

My brother is wrapped. Mr said they would tell me when it shipped but they have said nothing - and it just turned up. I doubt they will ask for it back seeing as it costs them $120 to Fed Ex it to Australia.

Less talk, more action........

Darth Frieds
02-17-2006, 10:16 AM
You live in Austrailia. Which part?. Yeah i'm sure they won't ask for the defective saber if it cost that much to ship it

Protein5000
02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I live in Melbourne. Don't tell me you live here to?
I thought I was the only one! lol

Darth Frieds
02-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Nope, i live on Long Island NY. I've recently became interested in the idea of visiting Sidney Austrailia. But that costs maaaaaaadd dollars. I kinda need to get out of this ****hole, somewhere far far away. What better than to travel halfway around the world right?

Protein5000
02-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Hahaa, very true!!

May I recommend NOT going to Sydney - I've been many times on business - traffic is bad, shop assistants are rude, much like NY I've heard, and the ethnic devisions make things tense.

I would recommend Melbourne though - world's most livable city (was anyway, now second to Vancouver) - it is a lovely place, very nice pace, one of Australia's oldest settlements (not convict) - great for shopping too - and I would never want to live anywhere else.

Darth Frieds
02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Long island is not the friendliest place in the US. I mean, it does have that reputation of being a good suburban community to raise families but the people around here are A-holes. I went to college upstate in NY for a while and when i told people that i was from LI, there first reaction was "Really, i've heard that people from LI are A-holes" I wasn't in a positon to dissagree with them. from my point of view its mostly the teenagers and recent high school graduates. I'm 20 years old so I know this all too well. Almost all guys around here when they reach there teen hood start to think there Tough punks. And the ladies being as hot as they are are mostly white trash. Its been hard for me to meet decent people around here but somehow I manage. But I still can't stand it. My main reason for wanting to visit Sydney is because that is where they did some of the Star Wars productions.

Protein5000
02-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, too many try hards.

I don't know how much of Star Wars they produced there or if there is anything to see but if you like a place with HOT girls from all different backgrounds, very safe and friendly people - come to Melb!!

darthrumph
02-19-2006, 08:42 PM
hey now I am from Long Island does that mean I am an a-hole?

darthrumph
02-19-2006, 08:43 PM
and did you know that MR is located in New Jersey I guess thats why I got it so quickly.

Darth Frieds
02-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Just because you live on long Island doesn't automatically make you an a-hole. Thats an upstate steriotype. i was simply stating that i'm usually surrounded by a-holes. What part of LI do you live in Darthrumph?

darthrumph
02-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Centereach right in the middle.