PDA

View Full Version : New saber junkie

Darth Stone
09-21-2007, 05:51 AM
I have allready posted here once before, however I don't see my post anywhere. Oh well, I will just do it again.

I had picked up an MR-FX Vader and Luke sabers a coulple of years ago for use in costumming. I am a member of the 501st and needed a saber for a Vader costume that I put together. It was not long before I felt that a Luxan blade was needed in order to just hang a hilt from a belt.

Well now this has started the ball rolling as now I wish to have several options in what saber to use for any given event. I have picked up both an MPP reproduction and an orginal Heiland flash guns. And I have a feeling that it's not going to just stop there :lol:

Take care, and we'll see ya on the board.

GFORCE13
09-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Darth Stone welcome and I really don't know what happened to you other post, yeah once you travel down the Light Saber Builders Path forever shall it dominate your destiny. I am on my 5th or 6th standard Lightsaber not counting the Giant 6ft model, the 60mph model and all the PVC practice sabers I am building for the La Jedi.

Darth Stone
09-22-2007, 11:53 AM
"tTe Giant 6ft model, the 60mph model"? You just lost me there.

GFORCE13
09-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Okay to explain a couple of years ago I made a 6' Tall Lightsaber out of heating ducting and plastic that runs on 110V Floodlight Bulb, that is scaled up 300% from my MR Ani 05. The 60mph Saber is one I built that sits on the front bumper of my van and has a green EL Blade that turns on with the Low Beams. :wink:

Jeb Ardunis
09-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Hm... I wonder if Luke ever thought of attaching sabers to his landspeeder. Think of cattle-catcher, SW style. :twisted:

Now the six foot model, that's just awesome. *lol*

GFORCE13
09-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Jeb unfortunately I don't have a picture but being this is the Anniversary Year it will be out in the middle of the front lawn cemetary decorations and this will be the only time the blade will light up red. I'll post a pic after the first. Yeah I made the 60mph one to be able to show up at the John Williams Concert at the Bowl but I like it so much it is still on there and that was in July. I am still waiting for a cop to pull me over, but so far nobody said nothing.

Jeb Ardunis
09-23-2007, 12:25 AM
*lol* I'm sure the County Sheriff's don't want to bother with it, much like the rest of the law enforcement around here.

"What'd you pull him over for again?!" "Um, sir... for frak's sake he's got a lightsaber on his bumper!"

I'll have to cruise Torrance and find it. *l* I'm sure it' can't be that hard to find. ;)

Darth Stone
09-23-2007, 09:15 AM
LOL
You guys are just to much- love it :lol:

Jeb Ardunis
09-23-2007, 10:09 AM
By the by, welcome to TCSS Stone. :) I'm fairly new myself, but once I ran into this site, I just needed to join up. Disability aside, I'm hoping to become one of the many in the FSM. Hope all goes well with your endeavors, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

And just for the record, I've got one wicked sense of humor at times. :twisted:

Darth Stone
09-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks Jeb.

And by the way. I have been reading posts by others and they refere to the FSM. Just what does that stand for?

DS

Jeb Ardunis
09-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Methinks it is "Flashlight Saber Mafia". Course a n00b like I could be totally wrong... Google doesn't lie, does it? *lol*

vortextwist
09-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Methinks it is "Flashlight Saber Mafia". Course a n00b like I could be totally wrong... Google doesn't lie, does it? *lol*
yup your right, It's just basically a slap in the face to the Hyperdyne fanboys. :D

Darth Stone
09-23-2007, 10:31 AM
"Flashlight Saber Mafia"? I'm not a bit surprised :lol: It seems that every time I log on there is some forum, or parts source group that I have never heard of. (I'm on 7 forums already an I don't think I can handel another!)

As far as up comming projects. I have to finnish some OT Heiland based sabers. Then I need to look into a Ralph McQuarrie Vader concept saber to go with a compleat costume that I have been working on for 4 months now. The big problem with this saber is the extreame lack of pix or drawings for one :(

DS

Darth Stone
09-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I didn,t know that Jim, ( Hyperdyne ) made sabers :shock:

Hasid Lafre
09-23-2007, 10:48 AM
No he just makes the board and blades. he mostly puts them in Master replica sabers.

But HD dosent really care about his lightsaber stuff but will deffend it to the last whim of being the best in the world and call everyone elses a flashlight. when whats funny his his saber is the brightest for a total of 18 min before you ahve to change your battaries.

Jeb Ardunis
09-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Shame we can't make sabers powered by the Force yet. 8) I can hear it now...

"Batteries?! We don't need no stinking batteries!" :lol:

GFORCE13
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I would be down with that because I am buying batteries in bricks of 40(aa) and I am definitely going through them, my future lightsabers will all be rechargable.

TK Exilous
09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
a bit after you but ...Welcome! :wink: I feel like i'm eight again and standing in the middle of toys r us with a bunch of friends!..there hasnt been one day this week my c.p.u hasnt been sitting idle on t.c.s.s....any how i got some pics of my now third saber i've built in a months time, i'll list them in order,
enjoy
here's my first sink tube
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee173/TK_Exile/e37189a7a725.jpg

heres my second
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee173/TK_Exile/dd8cb236f046.jpg

heres my third
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee173/TK_Exile/darthrachel.jpg

i think i'm ready for a mhs from css....i've been eyeballing those claw thingies :shock: :P