PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Anakin MRFX - DIN plug blade - clash sensor?

Jonitus
09-19-2007, 07:42 AM
I tore down an Anakin last night and will use the board for one of the upcoming projects, but noticed the blade is one of the DIN plug models. The clash sensor is on the back side of the DIN male piece. How do I make use of this sensor? Is it a simple matter of desoldering the sensor, then soldering in appropriate wiring like in the Vader tutorial?

SilentBob501
09-19-2007, 08:05 AM
i wish i knew, i had the same problem when i did my ani conversion. sadly, itll never clash again.

Hasid Lafre
09-19-2007, 08:37 AM
My guess is to trey to get the clash sensor out and solder it to its place to the board.

Jedi Ranger
09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I tore down an Anakin last night and will use the board for one of the upcoming projects, but noticed the blade is one of the DIN plug models. The clash sensor is on the back side of the DIN male piece. How do I make use of this sensor? Is it a simple matter of desoldering the sensor, then soldering in appropriate wiring like in the Vader tutorial?

I had exactly the same problem with my 2005 Vader, last night! I removed the sensor from the DIN board, soldered the smallest wire to the grey wire, and the fat wire to the second wire in line on the flat/wide connector, and also to the positive wire going to the led. And it all works, including the clash!

Jonitus
09-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Perfect! Thanks! I had suspicions it would be easy like that, but better to ask and get confirmation rather than just bull on in there and mess something up.

gman666
09-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Is this the agreed upon method? I too have this problem with the Vader.

Thanks!

Greg

gman666
09-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Any input? I have a Vader ESB. What is the best way? Remove it from the board?

Thanks!

Greg