PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about wiring with this specific inverter

Jediman
09-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Hi all!

I'm rewiring my graflex hilt with a better inverter and better wiring (I really botched it the first time), plus I have a nifty new mini switch to hide under the red button :-D

Anyways, I have a Tech Lite IFW 3479 inverter, and I have a question...when wiring up th eswitch, which end goes to the switch? There are two white wires coming out..not sure if thats for the switch or plug, and then there are two black wires, one with a white stripe, one solid...do those go to to the switch?

Jediman
09-16-2007, 06:57 AM
And I'm just realizing that I posted this somehow in the blade discussion forum when I mean to put it in the wiring forum!!!
SORRY!!

Jedi-Loreen
09-16-2007, 09:12 AM
The 2 white wires are the output from the inverter.

You can't put both the black wires on the switch, then were is your battery hooked up? :P

The black wire with the white strip is the negative wire, the other, obviously, the positive. Put the switch between one of the black wires, doesn't really matter which, and the battery. The other wire goes right to the battery.

What are the specs on that inverter? I don't know why you aren't using the 4khz inverter available at this store. It's going to be brighter than any 2khz inverter you can get elsewhere, with the same voltage.

Strydur
09-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I think that is our inverter. If it is then the 2 black wires go to the switch just like the wiring diagram shows.

Jediman
09-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Ok, yeah. The battery holder is already wired up.

I just have to solder the switch along with the mono plug tonight, and then install.

Question..is this a 2khz or a 4khz? I thought when I bought it from here it was a 4khz?

Jediman
09-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Ok, got it all wired up.
The mono plug is a wee bit funky, in that it doesnt make contact with the blade plug easily for some odd reason, but I got it fixed.

Somehow, I bought a momentary switch, though I could have sworn I bought a latching one. That's ok though as it works just as well on my graflex replica. I love the way it is.

Next lightsaber is going to be interesting.
I plan on buying a cheap dremel tool, some pvc piping, and using the other graflex style aluminum tube I have to do some more stuff. I just ordered blade supplies, and I might just order another inverter and such as well. Weee!