PDA

View Full Version : TCSS BELTS

Onli-Won Kanomi
09-10-2007, 10:08 AM
BRAVO Tim for realizing a great TCSS based saber could use a great TCSS belt to hang on...good real leather Jedi saber belts at a reasonable price can be hard to come by, at least in my area and I'm sure in many others.

I see that section now says belts, RACKS and stands...that sounds interesting too and I'll look forward to seeing those too :)

goldsaberwarrior
09-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Cool he added belts. Had no idea.

Barmic Rin
09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, as long as the price isn't ridiculous (I know it won't be! :wink: )

I paid £35 for mine to be made by a saddlesmith for CE, & a guy selling belts there was charging at least £85 for kids ones!
He honestly thought mine was one he'd made!!!! The closest looking one to mine he had was £115!

EDIT: YAY TIM!!!!!!! If only he'd added them before my last order, my bro is looking for a belt to go with the TCSS I made him!

Darth Lars
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
£35 seems like a pretty good deal for a Jedi belt. I have seen prequel-style belts sell for much more. What you pay is mostly the workmanship and then the rivets.

Barmic Rin
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Well, i'm gonna change the rivets eventually & I used a metal buckle from my old 'smokespoon' belt, as he's used a plastic one, but I was still impressed with the results.

GeluKhanGharr
09-11-2007, 10:07 AM
£35 seems like a pretty good deal for a Jedi belt. I have seen prequel-style belts sell for much more. What you pay is mostly the workmanship and then the rivets.

Actually, there is a lot more to building belts than just rivets. Good leather is not cheap, quality dyes and finishes are not cheap either. Then there are the rivets, snaps and those pesky buttons. Let's not forget the closures too. You need specific tools, and yes, the workmanship - a few good hours for a belt if you know what you're doing. I agree, £35 is a great deal, not one you find easily. Probably more than half of that went into materials, so the guy who made that, worked for pennies.

xwingband
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
NEAT! Now I need a Jedi costume...

Who's the lady? Did we maybe get a glimpse of sabergirl?

Corbin does leather stuff if I remember correctly... maybe it's his lady friend. :?:

Strydur
09-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes we are offering belts now. I have a couple more designs to add still as soon as I get the chance. These are made by a board member and that I would assume is his lady friend.

Hasid Lafre
09-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Dude this is just really badass man. Iam loving the belt style 2.

Cant wait to see whatelse you guys come up with.

37H4N
09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
:shock: YES!! I've been trying to find belts at a reasonable price, and I should have known the great Tim would come around for us!
Between the two so far I like style 2. Can't wait to see the others.

GeluKhanGharr
09-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Hmmm, I like them all, but I am curious what other people like. I vote for style 1

ArkaiHalon
09-14-2007, 10:05 AM
i'd like style 2 better if it didnt' weave in an out. .

Jetsi
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I like style 1 for a Jedi costume, and I would really like style 4 if it was all black for a Sith costume.

Style 5 is nice, but I am more into creating my own character, not copying a canon character from the movie.

37H4N
09-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Well for a Sith, style 5. And for Jedi, I like style 3 but I prefer the latch thingy on style 4.

Jedi-Loreen
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I make my own belts.

But it's very cool that Tim is offering them now for people who can't. Definitely a reasonable price. I know the time and materials it takes to make a quality belt.

I'm kind of curious as to who's making them. Maybe they will decide to come forward at a later time. Perhaps they want to remain confidential for the time being.

Lord Maul
09-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, I guess my guess was wrong. I figured you were the one making the belts J-Lo. I wonder who else it could be :?

Jonitus
09-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Well, I guess my guess was wrong. I figured you were the one making the belts J-Lo. I wonder who else it could be :?

Nice stuff too. I'm contemplating one for my costume. But which one...decisions, decisions...

DarrynVarson117
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM
This may sound like a dumb question but I was wondering was there any problem with pouches and stuff using a TCSS belt. Also I am a bit confused on the pics here. (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc-945-27-belt-style-1.aspx)

Is the gold chain the front of the belt or am I just missing something. I get that it snaps in the back but I was a little confused on this.

Barmic Rin
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Pouches should be fine, dependant on the type. 99% of the ones out there should be fine, but there's always someone making them with a funny fit out there.
When in doubt, ask the guy doing the pouches the size of the belt clip/loop used on it.

No, that is the front. I prefer the blank clips personally, but that is still kinda cool.

DarrynVarson117
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Without sounding rude towards the maker I wonder if there is a way to do a different front "buckle" for a bit more. I honestly love the way it looks I just don't like the chain of the Style 1.

Soulkeeper7700
11-12-2007, 08:32 PM
i wish i could have belt style three, with belt style four's clasp.. that would look really cool

Er Dan Gill
11-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Why not an MBS, "Modular Belt System"?